Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jobe1972
    • By jobe1972 6th Mar 18, 9:34 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 1Thanks
    jobe1972
    cashplus
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:34 AM
    cashplus 6th Mar 18 at 9:34 AM
    Hi need some advise i have a cashplus credit card its not a prepaid card its a regular creditcard..been having issues with them last month they didnt take a payment from a recurring card so called them after they tried contacting me and they had fined me a late fee (most card company's can sort a issue over the phone not cash plus they have to call head office and then wait days) so they took a manual payment for the missing payment and said a refund would be given for the lat fee thought that would be it...but a few days later the original payment was taken by the now fixed automated system ..then the manual payment came out TWICE so they took the payment 3 times..they told me they couldnt give me a refund till they worked out why it had happened and no set date.. but after a week or so it was sorted with a promise it wouldnt happen again..so now this month because they never got a payment till after last months bill had been printed they took last months payment again with this months..when i called was told they couldnt refund the mistake but to go to a cash point and refund the difference thats my only option..so i tried to complain told me they could raise a complaint cause i complained last month and would have to add it to that one but thats closed ..asked for head office number was refused asked to speak to a manager or supervisor was refused so tried to close the account was told i cant unless i pay off the balance in full ..so what can i do
Page 1
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 6th Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    Didnít know they did a credit card.

Whatís the rate of interest.
    • jobe1972
    • By jobe1972 6th Mar 18, 12:06 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jobe1972
    • 6th Mar 18, 12:06 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 12:06 PM
    34.08 % p.a Fixed for all other amounts payable under
    your agreement

card is invite only
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 6th Mar 18, 12:39 PM
    • 3,578 Posts
    • 924 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 6th Mar 18, 12:39 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    Cashplus branched out into a credit card some time ago. As far as I know it's by invitation which is sent to existing prepaid card holders. Don't know the APR.
    https://www.cashplus.com/credit-card/
    • tessiesmummy
    • By tessiesmummy 6th Mar 18, 12:43 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    tessiesmummy
    • 6th Mar 18, 12:43 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 12:43 PM
    cashplus is a con. I got a creditbuilder prepaid card with the loan part on it about 18 months ago. it did nothing other than take £6 a month off me. complete waste of time and money and would not recommend to anybody. i couldnt even close the account just stopped using it and now cant log in so dont know if it closed. theyre awful.
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789716 Debt Free Wannabe
    • jobe1972
    • By jobe1972 6th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jobe1972
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    i never had prepaid card so invite must be from other sources but trying to find contact info so i can bypass the customer service which isnt even that as they cant actually do anything at all is proving impossible
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 6th Mar 18, 1:14 PM
    • 3,397 Posts
    • 1,610 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:14 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:14 PM
    tried to close the account was told i cant unless i pay off the balance in full ..so what can i do
    Originally posted by jobe1972
    Do that if you can, pay the balance and close it, using the refund you're due instead of taking it. Then use prepaid products without fees and a credit card from a proper company if possible. Cashplus is for mugs.
    • jobe1972
    • By jobe1972 7th Mar 18, 12:11 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jobe1972
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:11 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:11 AM
    they called me today refused a refund said there it dept said one couldnt be issued because the minium payment had been taken even though it was a mistake as it counted the prevous payment which had already been paid and they would have to escalate the complaint which will take around a month
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 7th Mar 18, 12:40 AM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 2,239 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:40 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:40 AM
    ..asked for head office number was refused asked to speak to a manager or supervisor was refused so tried to close the account was told i cant unless i pay off the balance in full ..so what can i do
    Stop using the card and make a manual payment towards the outstanding balance every month.

A credit card company isn't going to completely close an account that has an outstanding balance.

You can make a complaint yourself, directly, rather than via customer services. Details at the bottom of this page: https://www.cashplus.com/contact/.

If they don't respond or you're not happy with their reply you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 7th Mar 18, 4:42 AM
    • 2,281 Posts
    • 1,016 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Cashplus do offer a credit card and it is definitely invitation only but what the criteria are for receiving the invitation I don't know. It is definitely not automatically sent to existing card holders. Evidence would suggest that such invitations are sent to individuals with very bad credit files who can't get anything else.
    The OP is rather confusing as I'm not sure where the payment was taken from; not a direct debit to a bank account by the looks of it but perhaps a CPA to a pre-paid card?
    As this Cashplus credit card is not advertised it is difficult to know if it works like a regular credit card or is somehow different.
    • jobe1972
    • By jobe1972 9th Mar 18, 10:58 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jobe1972
    Cashplus dont do direct debits payment is made via recurring payment which i have now delinked my card from them ..well told them too so hoepfully they have didnt get the money they said they couldnt do it there system doesnt allow partial refunds
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 9th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 2,281 Posts
    • 1,016 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Cashplus dont do direct debits payment is made via recurring payment which i have now delinked my card from them ..well told them too so hoepfully they have didnt get the money they said they couldnt do it there system doesnt allow partial refunds
    Be very careful with this. If they can't take a payment which is due they are likely to trash your credit files.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 9th Mar 18, 8:40 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Didn!!!8217;t know they did a credit card.

What!!!8217;s the rate of interest.
    My 250 limit card is +40%apr
    Only used for Emergancy groceries and paid in full.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 10th Mar 18, 11:36 AM
    • 537 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    Cashplus do offer a credit card and it is definitely invitation only but what the criteria are for receiving the invitation I don't know. It is definitely not automatically sent to existing card holders. Evidence would suggest that such invitations are sent to individuals with very bad credit files who can't get anything else.
    The OP is rather confusing as I'm not sure where the payment was taken from; not a direct debit to a bank account by the looks of it but perhaps a CPA to a pre-paid card?
    As this Cashplus credit card is not advertised it is difficult to know if it works like a regular credit card or is somehow different.
    Originally posted by Ben8282
    I had an invite ages ago (when I was just out of bankruptcy), but they still credit score and can decline you. I was going to do it for £10 just to get a history going - luckily Cap1 took me a few months later.

Don't know how I was on their database as I don't have the pre-paid card as it's a con. Assuming they bought details of everyone with a trashed credit file and sent invites to them, as well as their own pre-paid card holders! Or they scrape the details from the Insolvency register....?? "Selected to apply" generates more hype than just letting people find it and try their luck!

It's effectively a normal credit card from what I remember, although they need to take via a card continuous auth rather than Direct Debit. Low limit to start then rises etc.

I think they were charging £10 a year too, in addition to 30%+ APR. If you get a high limit it's not too bad (given the segment they serve) - certainly not as bad as their rip-off pre-paid card!

OP - I'd ask for a refund of your annual fee whilst you're at it, £10 a year for that level of "service"
    • d123
    • By d123 10th Mar 18, 12:39 PM
    • 7,219 Posts
    • 4,658 Thanks
    d123
    Originally posted by Ben8282
    I don't think that is true, I had a Cashplus prepaid card (to give card details to companies I don't trust with real details) and got an invite for their CC.

As I have a number of mainstream cards with high limits I didn't bother with it.
    ====
    • dranzer01
    • By dranzer01 17th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    dranzer01

i didnt know this as well...

I called up last week asking 'how do i get one?' - she said 'they will invite you'.... well thats good isnt it.... -_-
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 17th Mar 18, 9:45 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    i didnt know this as well...

I called up last week asking 'how do i get one?' - she said 'they will invite you'.... well thats good isnt it.... -_-
    Originally posted by dranzer01
    At some crazy rate of interest !!!!!
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 18th Mar 18, 12:55 PM
    • 537 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    Even when they do invite you, it's not pre-approved, so not really sure why they don't just let people apply outright. It'd save them money posting letters out!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,282Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin