Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scottishgirl87
    • By scottishgirl87 6th Mar 18, 7:22 AM
    • 668Posts
    • 360Thanks
    scottishgirl87
    Paying over Home Report value (Scotland)
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:22 AM
    Paying over Home Report value (Scotland) 6th Mar 18 at 7:22 AM
    We sold our flat back in September and have unfortunately have been living with my parents ever since due to pretty much everything in our areas going to a closing date and then selling for 5-10% over Home Report value.

Am I right in thinking that, for example, if a house has an HR value of 200k but we have an offer accepted at 210k then wed only be able to get a mortgage for (most likely) 90% of 200k? So wed have to pay 20k deposit (10% of HR value) plus the additional 10k in cash meaning deposit of 30k total.

Hope that makes sense!
Page 1
    • scottishblondie
    • By scottishblondie 6th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    • 2,004 Posts
    • 1,295 Thanks
    scottishblondie
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    You are correct, you would need to make up the excess amount above the HR value yourself on top of the 10% deposit for the mortgage based on the HR value. The lender will only offer a mortgage based on the lower of valuation or accepted offer.
    • scottishgirl87
    • By scottishgirl87 6th Mar 18, 9:35 AM
    • 668 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    scottishgirl87
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:35 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:35 AM
    Thank you! Thats what I thought but started to think I was wrong...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

742Posts Today

6,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This tweet made me reread my 'How to Vote in the EU referendum' guide - quite interesting to realise how little has? https://t.co/lFQaSSqUGj

• Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Follow Martin