Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Vasim
    • By Vasim 6th Mar 18, 7:21 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Vasim
    Card Payment
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:21 AM
    Card Payment 6th Mar 18 at 7:21 AM
    Hi Everyone

I made a card payment today the 6th and it is due on the 7th. I'm sure it will not go through on time, although was curious, is it when a person actually made the payment or goes through to the company? site etc

I was trying to make the payment from the 25th of feb, but Aqua's site would not let me. My back account said the payment was pending due to paying via an automated call which is now not pending plus no payment has been made.

If they charge me a late fee. What should be done from my end?

Thanks in advance
    Bradley
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 6th Mar 18, 8:05 AM
    • 8,320 Posts
    • 10,638 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:05 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:05 AM
    Card payment slow.

Faster Payment fast.

I'd send an additional Faster Payment immediately.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 6th Mar 18, 8:08 AM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:08 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:08 AM
    To avoid future issues get a DD set up to make full payment.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • chattychappy
    • By chattychappy 6th Mar 18, 9:33 AM
    • 6,764 Posts
    • 3,658 Thanks
    chattychappy
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:33 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:33 AM
    Card payment slow.

Faster Payment fast.

I'd send an additional Faster Payment immediately.
    Originally posted by PeacefulWaters
    Good advice. Faster Payments usually go through same day. Certainly as we're Tuesday AM and the payment is due by tomorrow, you should be OK.

It may be a couple of days before you see it on your Aqua account. But when it does appear, it should be dated 6th and on time.
    • T-G-C
    • By T-G-C 6th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    T-G-C
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    Good advice. Faster Payments usually go through same day. Certainly as we're Tuesday AM and the payment is due by tomorrow, you should be OK.

It may be a couple of days before you see it on your Aqua account. But when it does appear, it should be dated 6th and on time.
    Originally posted by chattychappy
    I have an Aqua card and can confirm that unlike most other subprime lenders, like Vanquis, when the funds are sent via the Faster Payment service, your available balance is credited the amount paid in seconds. A few hours later, the payment is acknowledged on your account properly. I would imagine that within seconds of sending it, the system marks the bill as paid, but the sooner the OP sends it through, the less risk involved.

Capital One are the second quickest for processing payments, in my experience. Vanquis are the slowest, even with Faster Payments, but if you send it early, it can be credited the same night.
    All advice provided is intended for guidance purposes only. For specialized debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,356Posts Today

7,669Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin