Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shanejosephdonnelly
    • By shanejosephdonnelly 6th Mar 18, 1:34 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 39Thanks
    shanejosephdonnelly
    BT Mobile Overcharge
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:34 AM
    BT Mobile Overcharge 6th Mar 18 at 1:34 AM
    Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but looking for some help re: overcharging on my BT mobile.

I have been charged £4.50/week for the last 62 weeks for receiving texts from a premium rate number. However, 61 weeks ago I got in touch to let them know about this and they promised to stop it. They told me I didn't need to do a thing to fix it - everything would be sorted from their end and that they'd sorted the problem out "permanently".

I got in touch 10 days ago after noticing these charges were on every bill for the last 62 weeks. I was offered £18 refund out of £265.50 charged. It has always been to the same number.

Over the last 10 days I have been told I would be contacted 6 times, and not once has the call back been made. I'm now getting really annoyed at the service I'm getting, as every time I contact them via chat I have to wait about 10-15 minutes to speak to someone before being told "it is being investigated, someone will call you (in an hour/tomorrow between 3-5/etc)" despite me sending them the evidence of the chat transcript where they explicitly state they would fix the problem.

My question is: in my complaints letter (I am going to send a formal letter now rather than deal with them over chat/phone) - should I ask for interest on the extra payments they have taken? If so, how much should I ask for? Should I ask for compensation for all of the wasted time I have had? (e.g.: They said they'd call between 3 and 5, and I had to wait till 9 assuming they called at all - on 4 separate days.) Finally how long should I give them to respond to my complaint? They have already had 10 days and they have been provided with evidence that they said they had already sorted this.
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 6th Mar 18, 8:10 AM
    • 5,894 Posts
    • 12,500 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:10 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:10 AM
    Have you continued to receive these messages for over a year without ever questioning it again?
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 6th Mar 18, 8:22 AM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 823 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:22 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:22 AM
    Who are "they"? Did you complain to BT or to the company sending the messages? You should have done the latter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,156Posts Today

8,187Users online

Martin's Twitter