Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Arbwench
    • By Arbwench 5th Mar 18, 8:20 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Arbwench
    Took out sky 2mths ago. Already a price rise!
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:20 PM
    Took out sky 2mths ago. Already a price rise! 5th Mar 18 at 8:20 PM
    Hi everyone. First time on here. I took out a sky phone and broadband package Dec 2017 today I received a letter saying that the price is being increased. No real explanation why. What I would like to know is can they put up a price when I've only had the package such a short time. Its a 12mth contact. Shall I call and politely ask why?. I think it's really cheeky. I'm on such a tight budget that even a little movement makes everything more difficult. Any advice would be great. Thank you
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 5th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 18,829 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    Have a read of this article

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2018/02/sky-to-increase-price-of-some-broadband-packages-in-april

• editor1
    • By editor1 6th Mar 18, 8:32 AM
    • 187 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    editor1
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:32 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:32 AM
    Hi everyone. First time on here. I took out a sky phone and broadband package Dec 2017 today I received a letter saying that the price is being increased. No real explanation why. What I would like to know is can they put up a price when I've only had the package such a short time. Its a 12mth contact. Shall I call and politely ask why?. I think it's really cheeky. I'm on such a tight budget that even a little movement makes everything more difficult. Any advice would be great. Thank you
    Originally posted by Arbwench
    Could you elucidate, namely, what charges are you presently paying with Sky for BB and phone. I joined Sky in January 2017 via MSE and managed to get BB & unlimited phone calls for under 17 a month for 12 months, then in January managed to get a Retention deal of 21.99 a month for same service, which will increase to 23 a month as of April - I have about 21 days to cancel with them without penalty under OFCOM codes, but alas, no cheaper options presently available.

I believe this is not the case with you. Check out MSE deals, but be warned, many of these are now PAYG as far as the phone is concerned.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 6th Mar 18, 9:10 AM
    • 2,080 Posts
    • 944 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:10 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:10 AM
    Could you elucidate, namely, what charges are you presently paying with Sky for BB and phone. I joined Sky in January 2017 via MSE and managed to get BB & unlimited phone calls for under 17 a month for 12 months, then in January managed to get a Retention deal of 21.99 a month for same service, which will increase to 23 a month as of April - I have about 21 days to cancel with them without penalty under OFCOM codes, but alas, no cheaper options presently available.

I believe this is not the case with you. Check out MSE deals, but be warned, many of these are now PAYG as far as the phone is concerned.
    Originally posted by editor1
    They signed up to a 12 month contract in December past, if they're going to struggle with a rise of just 1.01 a month then paying off the remainder of the contract is going to be impossible.
    • editor1
    • By editor1 6th Mar 18, 9:45 AM
    • 187 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    editor1
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:45 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:45 AM
    They signed up to a 12 month contract in December past, if they're going to struggle with a rise of just 1.01 a month then paying off the remainder of the contract is going to be impossible.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Were there any decent deals with Sky in December 2017 - not seen a 10 or 12 deal offered by MSE for quite a while - if they are on a regular deal, could be paying anywhere from 18.99 to 30.00 a month - crazy prices.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 6th Mar 18, 9:54 AM
    • 2,080 Posts
    • 944 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:54 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:54 AM
    Were there any decent deals with Sky in December 2017 - not seen a 10 or 12 deal offered by MSE for quite a while - if they are on a regular deal, could be paying anywhere from 18.99 to 30.00 a month - crazy prices.
    Originally posted by editor1
    The lowest one for Sky in December was I think the equivalent of 15.50 a month :-

https://web.archive.org/web/20171206224300/https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband#skybb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,936Posts Today

8,173Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin