Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • feefy88
    • By feefy88 5th Mar 18, 8:05 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    feefy88
    Missed skipton lifetime ISA deadline. Any advice?
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:05 PM
    Missed skipton lifetime ISA deadline. Any advice? 5th Mar 18 at 8:05 PM
    Hi,
    Iíve been really stupid and missed the deadline for transferring my Help to Buy isa to lifetime isa.
    Any helpful advice? Or do I just need to wait until next year and put an earlier reminder in my diary?
Page 1
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 5th Mar 18, 8:24 PM
    • 2,230 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    Ed-1
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:24 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:24 PM
    Hi,
    Iíve been really stupid and missed the deadline for transferring my Help to Buy isa to lifetime isa.
    Any helpful advice? Or do I just need to wait until next year and put an earlier reminder in my diary?
    Originally posted by feefy88
    Anything you transfer from a H2B ISA after 5th April 2018 counts towards the £4k LISA allowance. The balance on a H2B ISA at 5th April 2017 can be transferred before 6th April 2018 into a LISA on top of £4k.

If you haven't yet contributed to the Skipton LISA you could open one elsewhere (e.g. AJ Bell) and transfer in some or all of the H2B ISA. If you have contributed to the Skipton LISA already you could withdraw and close it and then open another.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

543Posts Today

5,696Users online

Martin's Twitter