Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 5th Mar 18, 3:45 PM
    • 4,042Posts
    • 7,774Thanks
    WillimS
    The big Corgi con
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:45 PM
    The big Corgi con 5th Mar 18 at 3:45 PM
    Took out comprehensive corgi boiler/water/pipes cover, burst outside frozen water pipe, rang 12.30 Friday 2nd to report it, engineer contact within two hours I was told, no sign 3 o'clock, call center stops operating.

Saturday 10.30 told corgi had outsourced call centre as they were experiencing problems, all repairs complaints had to be emailed. Monday morning 5th, 4 days later, no water, no heating, no toilet, I was told corgi don't cover 'frozen burst water pipes' . 'RELAX' you are covered on every leaflet, its a con, but obviously when I get my magnifying glass out it will be there in the fine print.

Big con
Page 2
    • George Michael
    • By George Michael 5th Mar 18, 7:39 PM
    • 3,049 Posts
    • 4,131 Thanks
    George Michael
    if we all knew what was going to Happen insurance companies would be out of business,
    Originally posted by WillimS
    But you've already clearly stated that you expect your pipes to freeze in winter and no insurance policy will provide cover for something that the policy holder knows is going to happen.

Insurance is for unexpected events, something that wasn't the case with what happened to you.
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 5th Mar 18, 7:44 PM
    • 4,042 Posts
    • 7,774 Thanks
    WillimS
    But you've already clearly stated that you expect your pipes to freeze in winter and no insurance policy will provide cover for something that the policy holder knows is going to happen.

Insurance is for unexpected events, something that wasn't the case with what happened to you.
    Originally posted by George Michael
    exactly, and they know that, its why it's not in bold print like their eye catching RELAX your covered, yeah no boiler, no water, no toilet, where's the trusted yellow pages look up plumbers, corgi now cancelled now I can RELAX
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 5th Mar 18, 9:13 PM
    • 31,596 Posts
    • 19,939 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Not sure where you gpt the plan from but they don't do a 46 a month plan, you sure ou got it from corgi or from a third party ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 5th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    • 9,950 Posts
    • 11,227 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    Not sure where you gpt the plan from but they don't do a 46 a month plan, you sure ou got it from corgi or from a third party ?
    Originally posted by DCFC79

It looks like the plan that the OP has (Corgi home plan plus) isn't a current one.
    It's likely that it has been discontinued for new customers but the people who had already signed up can continue on it.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 6th Mar 18, 7:54 AM
    • 1,060 Posts
    • 1,178 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    My cover is 46 a month, which covers all pipes and boiler comprehensive, not a mention of excluding frozen pipes,
    So where are the T&Cs then???
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 6th Mar 18, 9:45 AM
    • 4,042 Posts
    • 7,774 Thanks
    WillimS
    So where are the T&Cs then???
    Originally posted by bertiewhite
    It was taken out in January 2016 and I just continued with DD, it does have a annual boiler service included in policy, that actually drew me to it, but can I heckers like find the original documents only the yearly standard 'your continued cover' renewal.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 6th Mar 18, 12:30 PM
    • 5,028 Posts
    • 30,290 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    My cover is 46 a month, which covers all pipes and boiler comprehensive, not a mention of excluding frozen pipes, I don't expect pipes to melt in summer but I do expect them to freeze in winter, why else do people think they need pipe cover for?
    I pay my boiler man around 50 a year to do my fire and boiler. And my utility supplier has refunded 40 today because the unsmart gas meter installer cooked up the fire and I had to get him back. as for the pipes, had a plumber in to sort that out and it only cost 40 as well.

That is why I don't pay for none service like this!
    Commemorate Celebrate Inspire
    #RAF100 A century of service!
    • z1a
    • By z1a 6th Mar 18, 7:03 PM
    • 1,251 Posts
    • 1,191 Thanks
    z1a
    It was taken out in January 2016 and I just continued with DD, it does have a annual boiler service included in policy, that actually drew me to it, but can I heckers like find the original documents only the yearly standard 'your continued cover' renewal.
    What's "heckers"?
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    • 4,284 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    DoaM
    Can I heck as like ... very obvious
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,343Posts Today

5,534Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin