Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 5th Mar 18, 3:45 PM
    • 4,099Posts
    • 7,975Thanks
    WillimS
    The big Corgi con
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:45 PM
    The big Corgi con 5th Mar 18 at 3:45 PM
    Took out comprehensive corgi boiler/water/pipes cover, burst outside frozen water pipe, rang 12.30 Friday 2nd to report it, engineer contact within two hours I was told, no sign 3 o'clock, call center stops operating.

Saturday 10.30 told corgi had outsourced call centre as they were experiencing problems, all repairs complaints had to be emailed. Monday morning 5th, 4 days later, no water, no heating, no toilet, I was told corgi don't cover 'frozen burst water pipes' . 'RELAX' you are covered on every leaflet, its a con, but obviously when I get my magnifying glass out it will be there in the fine print.

Big con
Page 1
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 5th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 7,473 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    Assuming it is this cover https://www.corgihomeplan.co.uk/our-products/complete It does say quite clearly on the page under things we do not cover

Damage caused by weather or freezing
    Does dim arian 'da fi, ond breuddwydion 'da fi.

Gwlad yr Iā & Columbia (no Welsh word for Columbia)
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 5th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    • 4,099 Posts
    • 7,975 Thanks
    WillimS
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    My cover is £46 a month, which covers all pipes and boiler comprehensive, not a mention of excluding frozen pipes, I don't expect pipes to melt in summer but I do expect them to freeze in winter, why else do people think they need pipe cover for?
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 5th Mar 18, 4:06 PM
    • 10,731 Posts
    • 8,983 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:06 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:06 PM
    My cover is £46 a month, which covers all pipes and boiler comprehensive, not a mention of excluding frozen pipes, I don't expect pipes to melt in summer but I do expect them to freeze in winter, why else do people think they need pipe cover for?
    Originally posted by WillimS
    Pipes can spring a leak without being frozen
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 5th Mar 18, 4:12 PM
    • 4,099 Posts
    • 7,975 Thanks
    WillimS
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:12 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:12 PM
    Pipes can spring a leak without being frozen
    Originally posted by lincroft1710
    its clearly misleading, its the equivalent of taking out life insurance then having to check the fine print to make sure it covers death, clear mis-selling
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 5th Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    • 10,731 Posts
    • 8,983 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    Unless you purposely asked whoever sold you the policy "does it cover frozen pipes" and were told "yes it does", or the advertising literature claimed it covered all instances of burst pipes (and there was no asterisk or similar drawing attention to the fact that frozen pipes are not covered) then you were not mis-sold.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 5th Mar 18, 4:22 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 7,473 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:22 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:22 PM
    its clearly misleading, its the equivalent of taking out life insurance then having to check the fine print to make sure it covers death, clear mis-selling
    It took me 30 seconds to look on the corgi cover website to find out that it doesn't cover pipe damage due to damage caused by weather or freezing so its not really mis-selling/
    Does dim arian 'da fi, ond breuddwydion 'da fi.

Gwlad yr Iā & Columbia (no Welsh word for Columbia)
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 5th Mar 18, 4:23 PM
    • 1,110 Posts
    • 1,222 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:23 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 4:23 PM
    My cover is £46 a month, which covers all pipes and boiler comprehensive, not a mention of excluding frozen pipes,
    Is it possible to provide a link to your T&Cs?
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 5th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    • 4,099 Posts
    • 7,975 Thanks
    WillimS
    • 5th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 5:06 PM
    It took me 30 seconds to look on the corgi cover website to find out that it doesn't cover pipe damage due to damage caused by weather or freezing so its not really mis-selling/
    Originally posted by Oakdene
    so basically it's a lie anyway because my boiler obviously isn't working so it doesn't cover that, it does not. Mention can't fix boiler due to frozen burst pipes, so every part of the policy is void because of a. Burst pipe, that's mis-selling without doubt
    Last edited by WillimS; 05-03-2018 at 5:10 PM.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 5th Mar 18, 5:22 PM
    • 11,111 Posts
    • 7,931 Thanks
    neilmcl
    so basically it's a lie anyway because my boiler obviously isn't working so it doesn't cover that, it does not. Mention can't fix boiler due to frozen burst pipes, so every part of the policy is void because of a. Burst pipe, that's mis-selling without doubt
    What exactly is the name of your product?

As already mentioned it's clear as night and day that the Homeplan product does not cover pipe damage from weather or freezing. I think you should read your product's T&Cs carefully before complaining about misselling.
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 5th Mar 18, 5:25 PM
    • 4,099 Posts
    • 7,975 Thanks
    WillimS
    What exactly is the name of your product?

As already mentioned it's clear as night and day that the Homeplan product does not cover pipe damage from weather or freezing. I think you should read your product's T&Cs carefully before complaining about misselling.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    Corgi home plan plus
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 5th Mar 18, 5:30 PM
    • 4,099 Posts
    • 7,975 Thanks
    WillimS
    Just been on a customer review board loads of complaints corgi cowboys is one lol ... Just like me very angry
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 5th Mar 18, 5:54 PM
    • 11,111 Posts
    • 7,931 Thanks
    neilmcl
    Just been on a customer review board loads of complaints corgi cowboys is one lol ... Just like me very angry
    And I bet none of them read their documentation either.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 5th Mar 18, 6:11 PM
    • 10,044 Posts
    • 11,316 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    Not really.
    It's more like taking out life insurance then finding out that it doesn't cover death due to self injury or suicide.

Pipes don't normally freeze if they are properly lagged or insulated so damage from freezing can be prevented by the policyholder carrying out some basic maintenance on their own property.
    • usefulmale
    • By usefulmale 5th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 2,413 Posts
    • 4,468 Thanks
    usefulmale
    Why don't you just put £46 a month in a jar and just call out a local independent plumber when you need them?
    Signature removed by ForumTeam again
    • George Michael
    • By George Michael 5th Mar 18, 6:54 PM
    • 3,087 Posts
    • 4,155 Thanks
    George Michael
    I don't expect pipes to melt in summer but I do expect them to freeze in winter, why else do people think they need pipe cover for?

Do you also expect the coolant in your car engine to freeze in winter or do you take basic precautions to prevent this from happening?
    If you expect your pipes to freeze in winter then you must know that they are not adequately protected from the elements.
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 5th Mar 18, 7:03 PM
    • 4,099 Posts
    • 7,975 Thanks
    WillimS
    And I bet none of them read their documentation either.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    you mean like all those people being compensated for PPI because they never read their documents, the regulator ruled in favour of the consumer, because the old you should of read the. Fine print proper!y, the cop out clause failed
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 5th Mar 18, 7:05 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,426 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    Corgi Home Plan Plus is not the name of a current policy. Do you have a link to the service you purchased?
    • WillimS
    • By WillimS 5th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 4,099 Posts
    • 7,975 Thanks
    WillimS
    Do you also expect the coolant in your car engine to freeze in winter or do you take basic precautions to prevent this from happening?
    If you expect your pipes to freeze in winter then you must know that they are not adequately protected from the elements.
    Originally posted by George Michael
    if we all knew what was going to Happen insurance companies would be out of business, especially personal injuries, roller coasters shouldn't crash into each other, should they ?
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 5th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    • 11,111 Posts
    • 7,931 Thanks
    neilmcl
    you mean like all those people being compensated for PPI because they never read their documents, the regulator ruled in favour of the consumer, because the old you should of read the. Fine print proper!y, the cop out clause failed
    Completely and utterly different, try again. All the relevant information regarding exclusions is/was available to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

44Posts Today

3,103Users online

Martin's Twitter