Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • oggm1704
    • By oggm1704 5th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    oggm1704
    Huntsman Hawkes wealth management
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    Huntsman Hawkes wealth management 5th Mar 18 at 2:56 PM
    Hi, due to turn 55 shortly and pension planning is utmost in my mind, have had a couple of conversations with the above named company just wondering if anyone has had any sort of dealings with them and how did they perform for you and any other advice on where I shoud be looking for investment help and direction.
Page 1
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 5th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    • 9,606 Posts
    • 10,683 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    I think a good rule of thumb is to avoid any company with the term "wealth management" in its company name.

Without even looking them up i am confident they will have smartly dressed salesmen advisers, a set of "unique high performing funds" to sell advise you about, along with a set of matching high charges justified by outstanding performance according to an arbitrary made up benchmark.

Start by getting educated. Read*, ask questions, then at least when/if you do talk to advisors you have an idea how much you are being bulsh****d

* monevator, the escape artist,and follow branches from there.
    Last edited by AnotherJoe; 05-03-2018 at 3:23 PM.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 5th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    • 93,034 Posts
    • 60,418 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    just wondering if anyone has had any sort of dealings with them and how did they perform for you and any other advice on where I shoud be looking for investment help and direction.
    The majority of advice firms are small local firms with little or no internet coverage. Much the same as your local butcher.

The term "wealth management" tends to be used by firms running restricted advice models and not independent. You should not used restricted advice firms. It should be a choice between DIY or IFA. All other options should be disregarded.

The website for them indicates they are restricted and only operate from a panel of options. That is not good. Their charges are high too. Indeed, higher than the old commission days (if investing over 100k).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • bostonerimus
    • By bostonerimus 6th Mar 18, 1:05 PM
    • 1,942 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    bostonerimus
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:05 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:05 PM
    I agree that the fees are too high. See here

https://www.huntsmanhawkes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Terms-Of-Business-101117.pdf

This looks like a small operation that's paid some money to get a simple website up that looks nice, but that has very little content. In general I'm dubious about most financial advice beyond a strategic financial review to set you on the right path and with a little effort most people can DIY successfully.
    Misanthrope in search of similar for mutual loathing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,702Users online

Martin's Twitter