Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Crispy5449
    • By Crispy5449 5th Mar 18, 1:43 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Crispy5449
    Car Finance - Accepted but can I try elsewhere?
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:43 PM
    Car Finance - Accepted but can I try elsewhere? 5th Mar 18 at 1:43 PM
    I've been accepted for car finance on a vehicle I am looking to purchase (organised via the dealership). I'd like to see if I can improve on the rates provided but I'm not sure if it is a good idea to try for another application and get another search on my credit file?

I've got a good credit rating according to the MoneySaving Credit Club, and the loans I'm showing as 80% / 70% likely to be accepted for are significantly cheaper.

Any reason not to apply as I already have an accepted loan in place?
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 5th Mar 18, 1:50 PM
    • 31,929 Posts
    • 20,110 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:50 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:50 PM
    I've been accepted for car finance on a vehicle I am looking to purchase (organised via the dealership). I'd like to see if I can improve on the rates provided but I'm not sure if it is a good idea to try for another application and get another search on my credit file?

I've got a good credit rating according to the MoneySaving Credit Club, and the loans I'm showing as 80% / 70% likely to be accepted for are significantly cheaper.

Any reason not to apply as I already have an accepted loan in place?
    Originally posted by Crispy5449
    Define good credit rating

Actually dont worry as lenders dont even see it, they see your credit file. There's still a 20%-30% chance of being rejected.

Id make 1 more application, who is providing the finance ?
    • Crispy5449
    • By Crispy5449 5th Mar 18, 2:18 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Crispy5449
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:18 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:18 PM
    999 on the MoneySaving Credit club, same (can't remember the scale) on Noddle.

The finance I have in place is via Close Brothers (via dealer).
    • Edi81
    • By Edi81 5th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    • 470 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    Edi81
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    You don!!!8217;t have a credit score!
    What APR has the dealer arranged? And ask about APR not the flat rate that they quote.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,230Posts Today

6,236Users online

Martin's Twitter