Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mandybentley
    • By mandybentley 5th Mar 18, 11:53 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mandybentley
    Cancelling Claim Eazy
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:53 AM
    Cancelling Claim Eazy 5th Mar 18 at 11:53 AM
    I stupidly signed up to Claim Eazy to do a search on my behalf - they handled a claim for bank fees and I lost nearly 50% of the money to them in for their percentage.

They have since found I could be owed some PPI and have sent me forms to sign to give them permission to act on my behalf but I don't want them to. I am not sure what to do next they keep ringing and texting me, but I haven't answered them yet, I have emailed and said I don't want them to continue but I haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know where I stand?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 16,803 Posts
    • 17,813 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    You stand in front of the agreement you signed and see what it says.

Did you give them permission to represent you in all PPI complaints? Or just the one?
    • mandybentley
    • By mandybentley 5th Mar 18, 12:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mandybentley
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:03 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:03 PM
    I will look and check thank you - the only reason I was questioning it and not just giving in was the fact they were sending my a letter to sign giving my authorisation.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 20,138 Posts
    • 11,086 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    I will look and check thank you - the only reason I was questioning it and not just giving in was the fact they were sending my a letter to sign giving my authorisation.
    Originally posted by mandybentley
    That would be a Letter Of Authority (LOA) which they require for each complaint.

If you want to cancel their services, you need to check the legally-binding contract you've already signed. If you've signed your agreement to them representing you in all PPI complaints then you can cancel (in writing), but there will be a punitive charge for the "work" they have already done...

Might be better to just let them continue with the complaint, if you cancel now and your own subsequent complaint fails then you'll have paid a cancellation fee and have nothing to show for it. On the other hand, if the complaint is successful with the firm, you'll pay their full fees.

Your choice.

(It's precisely these type of scenarios which make the regulars on this forum advise strongly against employing claim companies in the first place)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,282Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin