Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 5th Mar 18, 11:34 AM
    • 14,905Posts
    • 256,060Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Portmeirion Up to 75% off Seconds Sale & Free P&P
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:34 AM
    Portmeirion Up to 75% off Seconds Sale & Free P&P 5th Mar 18 at 11:34 AM
    Portmeirion - up to 75% off seconds Sale

and Free P&P

***ENDS TODAY 9th March ***

https://www.portmeirion.co.uk/marquee-seconds-sale/seconds-75-off.html?dir=asc&order=price&p=5
    Last edited by Snap-ant; 09-03-2018 at 2:54 PM.
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

Page 1
    • mademoiselle
    • By mademoiselle 8th Mar 18, 11:10 AM
    • 390 Posts
    • 1,254 Thanks
    mademoiselle
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:10 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:10 AM
    Thanks very much for posting this - I ordered 7 pieces and they arrived already, beautifully packaged in Portmeirion branded boxes and with plenty of insulation - and not obviously seconds at all i.e, no obvious marks or misalignments of the design; not even a scratch through the maker's name on the bottom.

This china could easily be presented as perfect, and I'm now in two minds over whether to keep them, or sacrifice them as gifts!

The post free offer is a really good deal.
    • grunnie
    • By grunnie 8th Mar 18, 12:20 PM
    • 1,630 Posts
    • 9,419 Thanks
    grunnie
    • 8th Mar 18, 12:20 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 12:20 PM
    I have to say I was tempted and was putting in an order for 165 but when I came to the checkout no free delivery for me as I am in the NE of Scotland and was going to be charged 12 so they lost a sale from me.
    I did phone them and the lady on the phone was not too pleasant either. It's a case of DPD cost more to deliver to me.
    • rukicruki
    • By rukicruki 9th Mar 18, 8:55 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    rukicruki
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:55 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:55 AM
    It is a good deal, but I've ordered a set of 6 tea cups and received 4 the same and 2 completely different. Also ordered 3 bowls and 2 were the same and another one different design. Although it did state that they don't guaranty the design.
    Also with Portmeirion you have to pay for your return postage (about 8).
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    • 14,905 Posts
    • 256,060 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:56 PM

I ordered a lovely tea pot for my Mum which has been delivered for Mother's Day already

Offer ends today 9th March
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• mademoiselle
    • By mademoiselle 10th Mar 18, 2:09 PM
    • 390 Posts
    • 1,254 Thanks
    mademoiselle
    • 10th Mar 18, 2:09 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 2:09 PM
    I have to say I was tempted and was putting in an order for 165 but when I came to the checkout no free delivery for me as I am in the NE of Scotland and was going to be charged 12 so they lost a sale from me.
    I did phone them and the lady on the phone was not too pleasant either. It's a case of DPD cost more to deliver to me.
    That's such a shame Grunnie - bring back Royal Mail deliveries that had one price for all and didn't discriminate!

I wonder if you have a relative or friend living in a more acceptable-to-DPD postal area, who could take the delivery for you, and you could then pick it up from them? I wouldn't want to pay the 12 extra, either.

I have to say DPD were very competent - informed me by email of the delivery date, and then another email to give the 2-hour window in which they would deliver on that day (which they did!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,282Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin