Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 4,203Posts
    • 77,475Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr 5th Mar 18 at 11:12 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 05-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 8
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 10th Mar 18, 10:00 AM
    • 2,293 Posts
    • 15,380 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Morning all

WI with loss of 1.4lb pleased with that as had a better week. Been having my tea really early and if needed I had a small snack before bed to tide me over night. Seems to have worked .

How’s everyones snow doing? There’s still the odd snow bone around but mostly you wouldn’t know there’d been any.

Had a normalish week back at school although we still had to dress up for Book day (should have been week before) I took my costume off straight after the assembly
    Also had to go with his nibs class for an afternoon trip out as out of all the adults going I was the only first aider so swapped with my job share. Was a good week all round though
    Happy Mother’s Day for tomorrow
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 10th Mar 18, 10:42 AM
    • 6,252 Posts
    • 6,709 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    Well done on your losses esmy and TakeItEazy

Welcome Shelliknitter

Have a lovely holiday maman

Plan for today:

B: beans on toast (HEB)
    L: cheese (HEA), mixed salad leaves, red pepper
    D: co-op reduced fat sausages (2.5 syns each), jacket potato, mushrooms
    Snacks; melon, raspberries, muller light

syns: 7.5 for sausages
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Mar 18, 10:59 AM
    • 16,095 Posts
    • 193,874 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I've brought my weigh day forward, as I know I will be up and out tomorrow.

1lb loss for me
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 10th Mar 18, 2:24 PM
    • 5,176 Posts
    • 38,611 Thanks
    joedenise
    Complete change of plan for lunch. Didn't fancy the jacket potato so had a WW wrap with a Laughing Cow Light; ham; cucumber, pepper, spring onion & cucumber.

Have redone my online plan and will be having a total of 14.5 syns so pulled back the odd half from Thursday. Still have some syns in hand as only had about 6 yesterday.

Denise
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 10th Mar 18, 4:21 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Hope so

well done, is it done over the last yr? or in total out of the group? ours is next week
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Just the greatest loss in total for the group. If it was the last year, I wouldn't even get a look in! It has taken me a year to lose this last stone. Am determined that 2018 is the year I'm going to start moving downwards again!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 18, 7:49 PM
    • 52,049 Posts
    • 622,283 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Very quiet on here, hope you are all behaving
    Well done everyone that has lost
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 18, 7:52 PM
    • 52,049 Posts
    • 622,283 Thanks
    bubbs
    Just the greatest loss in total for the group. If it was the last year, I wouldn't even get a look in! It has taken me a year to lose this last stone. Am determined that 2018 is the year I'm going to start moving downwards again!
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    Thanks, cant see how that is fair tbh as not in my group but one of my consultants group, she is the biggest loser for SW nationwide, so 18st, doubt anyone will beat that ? so will she get it again?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Mar 18, 8:07 PM
    • 16,095 Posts
    • 193,874 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Evening all
    Very quiet on here, hope you are all behaving
    Well done everyone that has lost
    Nope......

Thanks, cant see how that is fair tbh as not in my group but one of my consultants group, she is the biggest loser for SW nationwide, so 18st, doubt anyone will beat that ? so will she get it again?
    I have to admit - all this slimming world strange things just confuse me! But 18 stone I understand that is a wow!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 18, 8:12 PM
    • 52,049 Posts
    • 622,283 Thanks
    bubbs
    Nope......

I have to admit - all this slimming world strange things just confuse me! But 18 stone I understand that is a wow!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Didnt expect you to behave
    This is her, she is lovely and a consultnt her self now and takes our group when consultant away
    https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/a-northampton-dieter-who-wants-to-be-around-to-see-her-grandchildren-grow-up-loses-over-17-stone-1-7692076

Do you agree with me though? how is it fair? would be same person winning all the time
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Mar 18, 9:25 PM
    • 16,095 Posts
    • 193,874 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Didnt expect you to behave
    This is her, she is lovely and a consultnt her self now and takes our group when consultant away
    https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/a-northampton-dieter-who-wants-to-be-around-to-see-her-grandchildren-grow-up-loses-over-17-stone-1-7692076

Do you agree with me though? how is it fair? would be same person winning all the time
    I think she is a winning - no matter what competition she is in (I don't understand the rules around this and why it is unfair.... I am thick!)
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    • 52,049 Posts
    • 622,283 Thanks
    bubbs
    I think she is a winning - no matter what competition she is in (I don't understand the rules around this and why it is unfair.... I am thick!)
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Its the greatest loss in the group, well i believe she won last yr, now no one has lost 18+ stone this year, so if someone has lost 16 stone, they will still not win cause she has lost 18, all be it last yr and yr before, but she has lost the most in the group. Understand now?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 10th Mar 18, 10:25 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    MissTeach
    I can see where you're coming from Bubbs - the rules obviously swung in my favour so I can't complain! On the other hand though, maintaining that weight loss still takes effort - it's easy enough to put it back on. And there are the other awards such as Woman of the Year and Miss Slinky to celebrate other achievements.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Mar 18, 10:27 PM
    • 16,095 Posts
    • 193,874 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Its the greatest loss in the group, well i believe she won last yr, now no one has lost 18+ stone this year, so if someone has lost 16 stone, they will still not win cause she has lost 18, all be it last yr and yr before, but she has lost the most in the group. Understand now?
    I can see where you're coming from Bubbs - the rules obviously swung in my favour so I can't complain! On the other hand though, maintaining that weight loss still takes effort - it's easy enough to put it back on. And there are the other awards such as Woman of the Year and Miss Slinky to celebrate other achievements.
    Good point well made MissTeach.... so it is not just about the loss, it is about maintaining the loss.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Mar 18, 10:30 PM
    • 52,049 Posts
    • 622,283 Thanks
    bubbs
    Dont get me wrong, i am happy for people that have won and yes i think maintaining is the hardest part i would never win it anyway, but i didnt go for awards i went to improve my health and the loss is the bonus i needed
    Still dont think its fair though
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 11th Mar 18, 8:16 AM
    • 1,299 Posts
    • 4,632 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes
    Trawled through the last thread looking for people targets for this thread. Hope I haven't missed anyone.

So far I have Esmy, ChrisV, P00hsticks, DustyDigger, GTS, MSM, ILoveTea, Dawyldthing, CattyCatx, Lush, Tweets, Beanie, Nicki, Greentiger, Sunshine, Jaynespain and Tete.

Let me know your target if you aren't on the list
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    Hi kathryna & all

Been away, so not posted. I am calling today's weigh in a holiday. Will weigh again next Sunday.

I'd like to aim for 14 lb for the new challenge, please.

Off to catch up with the thread.
    Last edited by Lioness Twinkletoes; 11-03-2018 at 8:39 AM.
    • Moneysaverme
    • By Moneysaverme 11th Mar 18, 9:06 AM
    • 274 Posts
    • 2,232 Thanks
    Moneysaverme
    Morning all,

Reporting a STSthis week. My fault entirely. Confession time... I ate the Mother’s Day chocolates I’d bought for my Mum. I stupidly bought them about two weeks in advance and they had been calling and whispering to me constantly. Anyway, I caved last Monday night and had around 12 chocs. My friend ordered me to put the rest in the food waste bin (which I did). So that is why I have stayed the same and not managed to lose the 1.5 lbs to get me to eleven stone which was perfectly achievable this week

Needless to say I will not buy presents of the chocolate variety in advance again as I cannot comfortably live alongside them

Mother’s Day chocolates version 2 have been purchased and delivered

What else .... I’m starting Couch to 5 K this week. More to see if I can run again than to lose any weight though it will def help. I have permanent leg damage from an accident a couple of years ago and its only been in the last couple of months that I feel I might be able to get the running action in my leg and foot back. This prob won’t make sense but if I can do it it will be a mammoth achievement. I have happy memories of being able to eat whatever I wanted when I used to be a regular runner.

Welcome to TRUEBLUE (that’s always been one of my most fave Madonna songs!) and SHELLI.

Happy holidays MAMAN, what I would give to go on that trip!

To everyone else, good luck for this challenge, keep plodding and if you eat all the chocs (or crisps, pizza, wine etc) like I did, just get right back on it as soon as you can x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 47 lbs
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 11th Mar 18, 10:39 AM
    • 5,176 Posts
    • 38,611 Thanks
    joedenise
    Well last night didn't go to plan! DH decided to open a bottle of wine and we ended up drinking 1/2 bottle each - so an extra 15 syns! Now need to do a bit of damage limitation as would still like a loss this week! I'm now about 9 syns adrift so will need to keep syns low for the rest of the week!

Today's plan:

B - SW fry up; 1 slice of WM bread (0.5); scrape of lighter butter 1.5 syns
    L - jacket potato; tuna mayo; salad (which should have been yesterday's lunch but didn't fancy it) - 1 syn for LTL mayo
    D - roast pork, roast potatoes, roasted onions, carrots & peppers; mashed swede, peas; splash of gravy 1 syn

HEA - milk
    HEB - 1 slice WM bread (0.5); 3 Ryvita Rye cakes (0.5); Laughing Cow 1 syn
    Syns - butter 1.5; LTL mayo 1; gravy 1

Denise
    • CattyCatX
    • By CattyCatX 11th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    CattyCatX
    I'd like to report -1 lb loss for me this week... not bad as had a couple of nights out for birthdays where there was a distinct lack of healthy food options (set menus ). Not much running as weather has been terrible, looks like it'll be dry tomorrow though so will be out the door at 7!

Good luck with the C25K moneysaverme! My journey on C25K is documented on the Sports&Fitness board... Have to say I love running now but don't do enough to have an effect on my waistline yet Hoping that'll change once I'm up to a regular 10K....

Well done to everyone else Feeling really positive for this challenge, feel like Spring is finally in the air, so am hoping to be at target by the time we need to get the summer clothes out.

I've decided to treat myself to some new (blush pink - have lusted after this colour for at least 5 years!!) jeans when I reach target to replace the pair I put a hole in trying to force them over my hips at the beginning of Jan I've tried patching and repairing but it's not working and am currently covering the hole with baggy jumpers!! I know new clothes aren't moneysaving but they won't be expensive and are needed (only have this one pair!) and am hoping will be an incentive...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    • 52,049 Posts
    • 622,283 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    Well done on all the losses
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 11th Mar 18, 2:19 PM
    • 3,712 Posts
    • 9,199 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Afternoon all!

Well done to all losers & cwtchs to all gainers.

Been mia due to life, the world & the universe conspiring against me. A little annoyed that the shovelling of snow & going swimming every day resulted in a +0.5lb

My only consolation is that the weight flickered between sts & the gain but decided, this week, to go upwards instead of downwards.

Son gave me a lovely basket of fruit.....though my first thought was goody I can use that basket to make an Easter chocolate hamper lol. Not good.

Prepared a Diet Pepsi chicken for later. Might have some vodka as well.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,144Posts Today

7,961Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin