Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 4,132Posts
    • 77,069Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr 5th Mar 18 at 11:12 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 05-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 66
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Apr 18, 10:32 PM
    • 51,682 Posts
    • 619,905 Thanks
    bubbs
    SSM seems to have been away for ages.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    She is away for 5 weeks
    Hopefully when we get our mini heatwave we will all eat less.
    I always eat
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 17th Apr 18, 10:58 PM
    • 3,598 Posts
    • 8,947 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Top Girl ....your little one is gorgeous!

speedy recovery Frogga.

Tonight's tea was a stir fry. Had porridge this morning but I added fruit to it once it had cooked ...not sure why but it was awful. Going to have porridge again tomorrow but not with fruit
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 18th Apr 18, 8:56 AM
    • 3,639 Posts
    • 15,766 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Morning! Cute Bub Top Girl!

Glad things worked out for you Frogga, onwards & upwards now for you

Craved carbs yesterday as had none for a couple of days, so roasted veg (carrotts, onion, pepper, courgettes & Brussels) then mixed with pasta, lamb steaks which had no fat whatsoever on them & salad, was delish! I know a lot of people don't like sprouts, I had never roasted them before & they were delicious, I did add a little paprika with the salt & pepper before bunging in oven.

Followed that later with mini Daims However, at a syn each & I had none up to then, I don't care! Killed 2 birds, chocolate & sweet

Today is: Breakfast -weetabix
    Lunch: Lefteover pasta from last night
    Dinner: Chicken cooked in creme fraiche, low fat Phili, tomato, onion, mushroom with tagliatelli, whatever veg left in fridge!. Need to work out syn value, but will definitely be within limits.

Have a good day everyone.
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • maman
    • By maman 18th Apr 18, 11:00 AM
    • 17,904 Posts
    • 107,189 Thanks
    maman
    Well done on getting a loss kathrynha.

Glad you're home safe and sound frogga. So pleased your surgeon was a SW advocate. You can do this!!

Hopefully when we get our mini heatwave we will all eat less.

Eat less maybe but I always fancy sitting out with a glass of wine. 10 syns

Had porridge this morning but I added fruit to it once it had cooked ...not sure why but it was awful. Going to have porridge again tomorrow but not with fruit
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime

My DH piles his porage high with chopped fruit but I can't stomach it either. I've tried a banana and it's OK but I'd rather stick with syrup!

a meal replacement diet and has lost 2.5 stone in 12 weeks by having 3 shakes and a cup of Brussels sprouts every day He did look dramatically different and he was doing it for medical reasons (type 2 diabetes) but I couldn't have done that.
    Originally posted by Nicki

I can see why your friend would want to lose the weight rapidly nicki but I hope he can get to a sustainable way of eating without going backwards. I think I'd have lost even more because I couldn't stomach the sprouts!

This evening I've only got a short break between meetings to grab something to eat so I've decided to take something with me rather than risk making the wrong choices.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with tuna and beetroot, yogurt and berries
    D: savoury rice with roasted veg
    Syns: none
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 18th Apr 18, 11:48 AM
    • 5,124 Posts
    • 38,256 Thanks
    joedenise
    Another lovely day today. May sit out in the garden this afternoon with a glass of either diet tonic or a diet ginger beer (no syns available for anything stronger, LOL)!

Today's Green plan(again):

B - porridge; frozen fruit
    L - jacket potato; beans; salad
    D - cauliflour cheese; new potatoes

HEA1 - milk (for drinks)
    HEA2 - milk (for cheese sauce)/a little cheese
    HEB1 - porridge
    HEB2 - not sure, may have a couple of Ryvita with a cheese triangle (2 syns - picked up the wrong ones so 2 each rather than the usual 1 each!)

Have got a chicken tagine cooking in the oven which, once cooled, will put in the fridge to take with us for Friday night's dinner in the motorhome. Hoping there's enough so a couple of portions can go in the freezer. Added extra veg to the recipe so up the Speed element.

Denise
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 18th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 8,001 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Thanks all. She's a little cherub really. Injections this morning so she's snoozing now gives me a chance to definitely get housework done and not scroll the Internet though

Thanks for the chicken recipe BTW. I must give it a try. How many portions did you get from it?
    Originally posted by maman
    We got 3 portions but we only had rice with it and, to be completely honest, we're good eaters/greedy sods so I'd say easily four, especially if you're having more with it.

Non my scale victory, I got on the doctors scales fully dressed, shoes and all, and weighed 4oz less than Monday so we'll see. Trainers weigh about a stone, right?

Fully planned and prepped day as was expecting a tough one post jabs.

B - SW vegetable quiche and beans

D - Chicken and boiled egg salad with a tbsp of asda light honey and mustard dressing (0.5)

T - Top Bloke is making a sw friendly stir fry when he gets in, so syns for noodles (2) and aldi long grain micro rice (1) split between 2, so 1.5 for me.

An options hot chocolate for later (2)

Milk in drinks for hexa and one or two alpen lights for hexb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    • 51,682 Posts
    • 619,905 Thanks
    bubbs

Evening all
    Gammon under there
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 18th Apr 18, 8:43 PM
    • 51,682 Posts
    • 619,905 Thanks
    bubbs
    Oh i had a good NSV today Got last years summer trousers out and can fit in one leg
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Apr 18, 9:29 PM
    • 53,955 Posts
    • 213,778 Thanks
    beanielou
    Oh i had a good NSV today Got last years summer trousers out and can fit in one leg
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 18th Apr 18, 9:43 PM
    • 10,582 Posts
    • 20,050 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Evening all
    No rest for me today, hardly stopped. 4 loads of washing done and about 2 and a half dried and put away. Also finished clearing out the spare room- was very happy to find lots of my favourite books and a hoodie I been looking for for ages! Also found my old favourite summer batwing jumper that I used to practically live in and could not get over how big it was! My size 24 best friend has very gratefully accepted this which I am pleased about as I know my favourite stuff will be worn by her and appreciated. I also found a Ben Sherman shirt that I have put up for sale and some rather lovely linen combat trousers that I am slightly gutted I no longer fit into Another downside of weight loss is mum and I are now the same size so I am giving her some t-shirts for her holidays

Menu for today
    B: NAS Alpen HEXB, HEXA Alpro choc soya drink, blueberries,decaf coffee (1.5 for milk)
    L: Lamb Rogan Josh (1.5) salad. Ice lolly (4) water
    T: SW Chinese Banquet Rice, salad. Twirl (6) pear, apple. NAS squash with diet lemonade
    Syns: 14.5
    Night all xx
    Last edited by Mrs_Ryan; 18-04-2018 at 9:45 PM.
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 75% complete Going back for round 2! BSc (Hons) Combined STEM 2018- Bring it on!
    Weight lost so far- 3 stone 3lb
    I Am Green And White Miss you JV and TW!
    Elle
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 18th Apr 18, 9:53 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Not had a chance to catch up the thread for ages and still just popping in to say that despite a naughty hen weekend I lost -1.5lb this week!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Apr 18, 9:56 PM
    • 53,955 Posts
    • 213,778 Thanks
    beanielou
    Not had a chance to catch up the thread for ages and still just popping in to say that despite a naughty hen weekend I lost -1.5lb this week!
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    Well done

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    • 53,955 Posts
    • 213,778 Thanks
    beanielou
    Mrs R~~Hope you enjoy your awards evening this weekend

***Keep plodding***
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 19th Apr 18, 8:57 AM
    • 3,639 Posts
    • 15,766 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Morning!

Well done Miss T!

Is a bonus when you find things Mrs R, or more importantly, when you find new clothes which didn't fit when bought, "as I am losing weight" and are now very comfy.

WI tonight, not looking forward to eat as over did it on the syns last night. Got stuck at work (literally, as the key got stuck in the lock as I was trying to lock up, had to call one of the boys to come & rescue me) so was not focusing when cooking by the time I got home. I don't think I went really ott, but it was enough to annoy me. On the plus side, thoroughly enjoyed it! Oh well, as long as I maintain, will be happy for this week.

Now that the weather is changing (how lovely to be able to wear sandals to work), I hope this means that eating will change to match and speed up getting rid of that blubber!
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 19th Apr 18, 9:57 AM
    • 2,171 Posts
    • 1,376 Thanks
    Stoke
    Weighed in Tuesday.

1.5lbs off. Any loss is better than no loss, but better yet, it's now been 11 weeks since a maintain/gain. Since then it's been consistent losses and hopefully I can keep that up until target.
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 19th Apr 18, 12:31 PM
    • 6,196 Posts
    • 6,632 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    Morning all

Well done on your losses MissTeach and Stoke (do you actually come from Stoke, by the way ? my OH is from around there )

Plan for today

B : overnight oats ( HEXB grape nuts, raspberry & cranberry muller light, mixed summer fruits)
    L: mushroom omelette with mixed salad and red pepper slices
    D: Aldi rogan josh, rice

Snacks: HEXA cheese, melon, easy peelers
    Syns: 1.5 for the curry, may have an onion bhaji with it
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 19th Apr 18, 3:46 PM
    • 2,645 Posts
    • 29,554 Thanks
    curl girl
    Afternoon all.

I notice Aldi Rogan Josh mentioned quite often, is there a reason?
    Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th Apr 18, 3:49 PM
    • 53,955 Posts
    • 213,778 Thanks
    beanielou
    It is quiet on the thread today.
    Hope you are all out enjoying the sun

I am hoping for a STS tonight or a small gain.
    We will see.

***Keep plodding***
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 19th Apr 18, 4:18 PM
    • 10,582 Posts
    • 20,050 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Afternoon all
    Blimey its a warm one today. Guzzling cold drinks like they!!!8217;re going out of fashion
    Just had the lovely lady who does my nails come round to sort my nails for awards night. Not seen her in a while as she has been off having her beautiful little baby boy- and the first thing she said when she got out of the car was oh my god how much weight have you lost?! She said I looked fantastic and should be really proud
    GTQ- yes that is the best feeling. I love being able to get into things that used to be too small
    On my way to bingo- I hope they got the air con on
    Menu for today:
    B: Raspberries, blueberries, Light and Free yoghurt. NAS tropical cordial
    L: Tuna couscous salad with lemon and herb Nandos sauce on the tuna (this was absolutely gorgeous- 1.5 syns) Fab ice lolly (4) bottle of Heineken 0.0 (3.5) water
    T: jacket spud, beans, salad. Fruit of some description, lots of soda water
    S: HEXB NAS Alpen with HEXA milk
    Syns: 9
    Hope everyone enjoying the sun xxx
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 75% complete Going back for round 2! BSc (Hons) Combined STEM 2018- Bring it on!
    Weight lost so far- 3 stone 3lb
    I Am Green And White Miss you JV and TW!
    Elle
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 53,955 Posts
    • 213,778 Thanks
    beanielou
    Happy new nails Mrs R.
    Not long now

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,102Posts Today

8,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin