Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 4,359Posts
    • 78,293Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr 5th Mar 18 at 11:12 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 05-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 61
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    • 52,690 Posts
    • 626,681 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    So I have the smaller shapewear. Size 10-12 and scarily small! Think I will have to have a try on later. Happy in some ways but narked off in others Trying so hard this week- I really want that 3.5 stone bling on Saturday morning!! I dont think it will last long though as I always go off plan on awards weekend just two days though so hopefully I can get back on the wagon fairly quick.
    Todays food:
    B: Onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, 2 x LMc RO&R sausages. Decaf coffee (1.5 syns for milk)
    L: Chicken and ham salad, 2 pears, cup of lemon and ginger tea
    T: Keema curry on a bed of veg. Rice pudding (made with HEXA, 1 syn for sweetener) with blueberries
    Wine syns: 4.5
    Supper: HEXB Alpen Light x 2, bag of crisps (6.5)
    Syns: 13.5
    Hope all is well with everyone xx
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    WOW size 10-12 i will never get in that size
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 5 1/2lb
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 15th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 7,762 Posts
    • 27,725 Thanks
    Nicki
    Had a massive melt down with Curry's this morning when they yet again refused to unload the fridge freezer because it was too heavy and told me they'd send another crew out tomorrow because management can't make a crew make a delivery if they don't want to do it! Completely ignoring the fact that I'll be at work tomorrow and why would crew 3 deliver when 1 and 2 have refused. Frustratingly they said it was a 4 man job but my husband and adult son were both here and willing to help and they still wouldn't do it. So money refunded and we've gone to John Lewis. If their delivery service is as bad, I'll try AO thanks for the tip.

So weigh in today and that 7lb I put on last week has all come off. I think I posted too late for the chart last week, so I think it's probably a missed weigh in last week and a STS this week to make the numbers work. Or if you logged me as +7 last week Kathrynha please could you make this week -7

I'm just glad the scales are moving down again, even though I'm the same weight as I was 10 days ago, so hopefully that will keep going in the right direction.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 15th Apr 18, 4:27 PM
    • 10,635 Posts
    • 20,150 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    WOW size 10-12 i will never get in that size
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I got into it! With shapewear it is best to go down a size from the size you actually wear as it holds you in better. I am a size 16 on top on 16/18 on the bottom so I needed to size down.
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English dissertation- Complete! Now the waiting starts...
    Strictly 2018 Go Mr R! #teamLee
    Miss you JV and TW
    Sponsor and season ticket holder for 2018/2019!
    Elle
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 52,690 Posts
    • 626,681 Thanks
    bubbs
    Had a massive melt down with Curry's this morning when they yet again refused to unload the fridge freezer because it was too heavy and told me they'd send another crew out tomorrow because management can't make a crew make a delivery if they don't want to do it! Completely ignoring the fact that I'll be at work tomorrow and why would crew 3 deliver when 1 and 2 have refused. Frustratingly they said it was a 4 man job but my husband and adult son were both here and willing to help and they still wouldn't do it. So money refunded and we've gone to John Lewis. If their delivery service is as bad, I'll try AO thanks for the tip.

So weigh in today and that 7lb I put on last week has all come off. I think I posted too late for the chart last week, so I think it's probably a missed weigh in last week and a STS this week to make the numbers work. Or if you logged me as +7 last week Kathrynha please could you make this week -7

I'm just glad the scales are moving down again, even though I'm the same weight as I was 10 days ago, so hopefully that will keep going in the right direction.
    Originally posted by Nicki
    I have never heard of this before, do you live in an upstairs flat with no lift or anything?
    I would have been fumming too
    Glad you have got your money back, or do you have to wait about a week?
    Never heard of anything to ridiculous in my life!!
    Gppd loss well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 4:33 PM
    • 52,690 Posts
    • 626,681 Thanks
    bubbs
    I got into it! With shapewear it is best to go down a size from the size you actually wear as it holds you in better. I am a size 16 on top on 16/18 on the bottom so I needed to size down.
    well done, still dont think i would get in it
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Apr 18, 5:24 PM
    • 5,288 Posts
    • 39,543 Thanks
    joedenise
    Nicki - I don't use Currys unless there isn't any other choice! John Lewis delivery has always been good for me. You usually get a longer guarantee than the manufacturer gives you as well FOC.

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 6:13 PM
    • 52,690 Posts
    • 626,681 Thanks
    bubbs

Chicken roast

Turkey tikka too have with salad for lunch tomorrow
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 15th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    • 7,762 Posts
    • 27,725 Thanks
    Nicki
    I have never heard of this before, do you live in an upstairs flat with no lift or anything?
    I would have been fumming too
    Glad you have got your money back, or do you have to wait about a week?
    Never heard of anything to ridiculous in my life!!
    Gppd loss well done
    Nope. Bog standard house though there are 6 steps from main road to front door.

Yes it will take 3-5 days to process the refund but as I paid on a credit card that should be OK

The thing that annoys me is that Currys and the delivery company both know how heavy it is when they sell it and agree delivery. So if it needs 4 men and they never send 4 men teams then they just shouldn't sell it. Simples. The idea that they would send it out in a van multiple times and never unload it until you give up is just crazy. They must have a shed load of p issed off customers - of which I'm now one.

I'm going to write a letter of complaint to their Head office tonight.

Your tea looks good!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 6:36 PM
    • 52,690 Posts
    • 626,681 Thanks
    bubbs
    Nope. Bog standard house though there are 6 steps from main road to front door.

Yes it will take 3-5 days to process the refund but as I paid on a credit card that should be OK

The thing that annoys me is that Currys and the delivery company both know how heavy it is when they sell it and agree delivery. So if it needs 4 men and they never send 4 men teams then they just shouldn't sell it. Simples. The idea that they would send it out in a van multiple times and never unload it until you give up is just crazy. They must have a shed load of p issed off customers - of which I'm now one.

I'm going to write a letter of complaint to their Head office tonight.

Your tea looks good!
    Originally posted by Nicki
    I don't get it either, its pathetic i would be p issed off too, hope you get some form of compensation for the inconvenience.
    Thanks it was , i have been hungry today, but need to get it all in before 8pm
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th Apr 18, 6:42 PM
    • 29,878 Posts
    • 428,925 Thanks
    tweets
    +1

Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    • 52,690 Posts
    • 626,681 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hello tweets
    You will have that off next week xx
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 18, 7:05 PM
    • 56,278 Posts
    • 227,711 Thanks
    beanielou
    The orange smarties were lush
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 18, 7:07 PM
    • 56,278 Posts
    • 227,711 Thanks
    beanielou
    nicqui~~that is just dire.
    I hear nothing good about Currys these days.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Apr 18, 7:19 PM
    • 5,288 Posts
    • 39,543 Thanks
    joedenise
    Glad you enjoyed them Beanie.

Denise
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th Apr 18, 8:25 PM
    • 29,878 Posts
    • 428,925 Thanks
    tweets
    Hello tweets
    You will have that off next week xx
    Yo bubbs
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • maman
    • By maman 15th Apr 18, 8:52 PM
    • 18,239 Posts
    • 109,074 Thanks
    maman

You sound like Cinderella and the glass slipper!

I'm sure you'll have a great time at the ball!

The orange smarties were lush
    Originally posted by beanielou

How many did you eat?

I had a good afternoon of Body Magic, did all 18 dances. I was good with the buffet. I wasn't the only one taking fruit so had satsuma, strawberries, tomatoes and grapes too. I did eat a small piece of quiche (left the crust) and some celery filled with cream cheese but the most important thing was NO CAKE!!

Since I got back I've turned around and thoroughly enjoyed a pork roast.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 9:19 PM
    • 52,690 Posts
    • 626,681 Thanks
    bubbs

You sound like Cinderella and the glass slipper!

I'm sure you'll have a great time at the ball!

How many did you eat?

I had a good afternoon of Body Magic, did all 18 dances. I was good with the buffet. I wasn't the only one taking fruit so had satsuma, strawberries, tomatoes and grapes too. I did eat a small piece of quiche (left the crust) and some celery filled with cream cheese but the most important thing was NO CAKE!!

Since I got back I've turned around and thoroughly enjoyed a pork roast.
    Originally posted by maman
    Well done on resisting
    What dancing do you do?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • maman
    • By maman 16th Apr 18, 12:35 AM
    • 18,239 Posts
    • 109,074 Thanks
    maman
    Well done on resisting
    What dancing do you do?
    Scottish. Which might seem strange for a Welsh girl living in England but I enjoy it!
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 16th Apr 18, 8:33 AM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 12,162 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Here is this week's chart

Congratulations to Stoke on SOTW

And that's to Chris for the weigh in help
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 16th Apr 18, 8:46 AM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 12,162 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Posting the chart was a nightmare this week. Work network has decided the image posting site is iffy, so created the image on my computer, emailed it to my phone, and then had to upload the image from my phone and do the post on there.

I can see the image okay on my phone, but not on my computer, so I hope the quality is okay for everyone. If not I will have to fix it this evening.

For next weeks chart I am leaving ChrisV in charge as I don't know how long my daughter is going to be in hospital for. Hoping to be able to get on here every day, but doing the full chart won't be possible from my phone. I expect you all to be good for Chris
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,489Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin