Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 4,064Posts
    • 76,665Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr 5th Mar 18 at 11:12 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 05-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 60
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 14th Apr 18, 7:52 PM
    • 5,174 Posts
    • 168,867 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Currys shouldn't have people delivering that have a bad back, how stupid is that!

Hope you get your Fridge Freezer soon.

We are in the process of painting in the kitchen - we have all our new kitchen in boxes in the one room. The kitchen fitter is starting on Monday morning.

Will post up some pictures when I get chance.
    Weight on 01/08/15 - 17st 5lb
    Target weight - 10st
    Target reached - 20/05/17

Greatest Loser for SW group 2016, 2017 & 2018
    Woman of the year for SW group 2016 & 2017
    • dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 14th Apr 18, 8:23 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 1,182 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Put on 1/2 lb this week.
    This makes 11 weeks alternating between 3st 11 1/2lbs loss,and 3 st 13 1/2 lb loss ..Midway for now at 3 st 12 1/2lb loss.
    At least now I can understand why its happening and will try to find a way through
    Last edited by dustydigger; 14-04-2018 at 8:25 PM.

SPC 2018 # 012 -
    £2 Savers 2018 #19 £84 Tesco Xmas Savers £11.14
    House & Home Fund 2018 - £132 (plus £174 from 2017 = £306)
    SW loss - 4 stone
    / AF April 24/24 Books read 11/12 Prolific £16.99
    SW Spring challenge 0.5/6 lbs//30mins Walks (Body Magic) 7/12

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th Apr 18, 8:57 PM
    • 52,928 Posts
    • 208,304 Thanks
    beanielou
    Someone bought me orange smarties
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Moneysaverme
    • By Moneysaverme 14th Apr 18, 10:26 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 2,179 Thanks
    Moneysaverme
    Hey, been absent a bit as life has totally got in the way. On the SW front, I think I was obsessing about the scales too much so I relaxed a bit and didn’t weigh myself for a week or two.

After getting back on them today I’m happy to report a - 2 lbs.

As I’m not too far off target, things seems to be getting harder and I was willing the numbers to move, which of course didn’t happen.

Basically I’m still following the plan but trying to forget about the numbers for a while. Hope this makes sense?!

I hope everyone is doing okay x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 44.5 lbs
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 14th Apr 18, 10:55 PM
    • 10,510 Posts
    • 19,868 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Evening everyone
    What a day. Spent virtually whole of the gorgeous sunny afternoon in the library working on my assignment My team lost 50-29 I was listening to it on BBC Radio Jersey online, it was incredibly difficult to keep quiet though especially when we were losing my player scored a try as well! I had to celebrate quietly OH went to the Leicester Tigers match and they lost as well so we were both pretty glum when we met up. I soon cheered up though when the horse I had backed won the Grand National! I won a nice £15. I decided, despite having packed my case, on the spur of the moment this evening to have an emergency dress rehearsal for next week and was glad I did- I have size 14-16 shapewear which I thought would suffice but I think I am going to need the smaller size it does hold me in but does not feel tight enough so I feel like I could do better. I think I am going to get the smaller size and if it is too small- then it is. At least I have back up. Anyone see Britains Got Talent tonight? The gospel choir at the beginning is my university choir and I know someone in the choir. Very proud and happy for them!

Todays menu:
    B: HEXB HiFi bars, Apple, pear, Light and Free Yoghurt, decaf coffee with HEXA
    L: Ham pasta salad, water
    T: HM Nandos garlic chicken (2) uncle Bens rice (2.5) salad with Nandos garlic sauce (1) 2 x bananas, water, decaf coffee with HEXA
    S: Hula Hoops Pufts (3.5) Dairy Milk Little bar (5) decaf tea with HEXA
    Syns: 14
    Night all xx
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 50% complete PhD application pending
    WFC and pleased to be sponsor for the 2nd season
    I my bulldozer
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 14th Apr 18, 11:19 PM
    • 1,139 Posts
    • 7,971 Thanks
    Top Girl
    I didn't so much fall off the wagon this weekend as take a running jump off it into a barrel of wine

Top Bloke and I had a huge argument.

Thinking about it now, it's hardly surprising.

We've an almost 12 week old baby and a 13 year old mardbucket to contend with, he started a new job a couple of weeks ago and I've been stuck in far more than I'd like to have been with Top Baby due to the weather.

So, we had a two day argument. The air is clear and we're both fine now but I had alcohol above syns and a bloody kebab and chips last night I'd give my right arm for an STS on Mon now.

Today was back on plan

Cooked breakfast (by Top Bloke ) - 1.5 syns for 3 light and lean sausages

Chilli and rice for tea (0.5)

A jd and diet coke for the game (3)
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 14th Apr 18, 11:23 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 15,437 Thanks
    greentiger
    Magic result, p00hsticks. Good work, TIE and Msm.

I’m sorry you’re still getting messed around by the council, TIE.

How long did those orange Smarties last, beanie?

Mrs_R, it’s a weekend for losing teams – mine too. I’ll be so glad when the season finishes!
    Despite that, I have behaved quite well today.

Breakfast: hexb toast & jam (1), melon & grapes
    Lunch: baked sweet potato with tuna, syboes, cherry tomatoes & mayo (1), pear
    Snack at match: a finger of fudge is just enough …. (5)
    Dinner: coconut chicken (4) & rice, L&F peach & passionfruit yogurt
    Snack: apple & cranberry biscuit (4), hexa cheese
    Stashbusting 47
    Reading Challenge 8/26
    Film Challenge 3/26[COLOR="Blue"]
    Weight Loss 1 2.2/9
    Weight Loss 2 +1.6/9
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 15th Apr 18, 12:05 AM
    • 1,561 Posts
    • 21,557 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    Put on half a pound today

But new week

B - Egg on toast
    L - Jacket potato, baked bean and salad
    T - Garlic chilli prawns, noodles and veg with melon and yogurt
    S - crackers (2 syns) - Homemade SW sweets (0.5 syns) - cake (5 syns) - 2 finger kit kat (5.5 syns)

NEED to step away from the sweet stuff
    Last edited by Sunflower1227; 15-04-2018 at 12:09 AM.
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • webcrest043
    • By webcrest043 15th Apr 18, 6:22 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    webcrest043
    It will help you to lose your weight
    1. Eat vegetables to help you feel full.
    2. Drink plenty of water.
    3. Get tempting foods out of your home.
    4. Stay busy .
    5. Eat only from a plate, while seated at a table.
    6. Don't skip meals.
    • esmy
    • By esmy 15th Apr 18, 11:16 AM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 3,914 Thanks
    esmy
    Someone bought me orange smarties
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Granddaughter saved me the (3) orange ones from her tube yesterday! Well trained....

I wasn't going to weigh this week but a sneaky look yesterday shows a very slight gain, probably the alcohol from our spa stay! which was fabulous and just what the doctor ordered. DD declared it her best birthday present ever. We'll definitely be going back.

Out for lunch so back later...
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 15th Apr 18, 11:22 AM
    • 3,525 Posts
    • 8,735 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Morning all & welcome to the new members

Yesterday saw a -1lb which I was slightly disappointed with meaning I'd have to lose 4.5lbs for my next shiny ....that isn't going to happen is it lol?

Yesterday however I was very active & walked/climbed Cadair Idris which is part of the Snowdonia range. The views when we eventually got to the top were stunning but I don't know which was harder going up or coming down!

Today is going to be another active day, taking all the stuff from the bathroom renovation to the dump.

Plan on having an Aldi Rogan Josh tonight so will be relatively good.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 11:56 AM
    • 51,264 Posts
    • 617,223 Thanks
    bubbs

Morning all
    Was hungry so filled my face
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3 1/2lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 51,264 Posts
    • 617,223 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done to all that have lost
    Kathryn hope you had a good few days ? you deserve it xx
    Nicki hope you get your FF today, i cant recommend AO enough , again it was tweets that said about them
    Top Girl glad you and Mr Top Boy have cleared the air xx
    esmy, glad you enjoyed the spa
    Beanie, dont eat them all at once
    Sorry if i have missed anyone xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • maman
    • By maman 15th Apr 18, 12:34 PM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 106,541 Thanks
    maman
    Sorry but have been awol for a couple of days. Just RL getting in the way really.

Have had a quick catch up but apologies if I don't comment except on losing teams!! Topgirl doesn't have a problem with that of course!

Friday was a write off SW wise. We went to a restaurant for lunch that had taken nouvelle cuisine to ridiculous extremes. My main was a small piece of hake on mushy peas with 3 celeriac crisps! It felt like a snack so I ended up eating bread and ice cream to fill me up.

Yesterday I started afresh and other than wine syns I just used 1.5 for curry. I can't begin to estimate the syns used so far this week so I'll just keep things as much in control as I can. Today's breakfast was fine (boiled eggs), dinner will be good too (roast pork) but this afternoon I'm out dancing and a buffet tea is included. I'm going to have some lunch before and I'm taking melon to ensure there's something SW friendly. I do hope I can resist cakes and sandwiches.

Will report back later.
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 15th Apr 18, 12:39 PM
    • 1,139 Posts
    • 7,971 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Back on the speed wagon today!

Asda has a load of cherry tomato punnets reduced to 10p, I halved a punnet full,,squirted with a little frylight and ground a bit of salt and pepper over then roasted for 20 minutes.

Absolutely lovely in a bowl by my fried egg sandwich (hexb)

Tea will be bacon and mushroom carbonara. Half hexa for adding Parmesan to my quark and egg mix

Couple of cups of tea in the day will take care of the other half of hexa.

Weigh in in the morning. Hold me!
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 15th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 6,107 Posts
    • 6,412 Thanks
    p00hsticks

Morning all
    Was hungry so filled my face
    Originally posted by bubbs
    That looks so good!

Nicki hope you get your FF today, i cant recommend AO enough , again it was tweets that said about them
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yes, we used AO for the first time to get our last fridge / freezer and they were very good.

Plan for today

B: Overnight oats (HEXB grape nuts, raspberry and cranberry muller light, mixed summer fruit berries)
    L: red pepper strips and HEXA cheese
    D: gammon, mash, peas, parsley sauce

Snacks: melon, mixed berries, easy peelers
    Syns; 6 for 3 spoonfuls of parsley sauce
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    • 51,264 Posts
    • 617,223 Thanks
    bubbs
    That looks so good!

Yes, we used AO for the first time to get our last fridge / freezer and they were very good.

Plan for today

B: Overnight oats (HEXB grape nuts, raspberry and cranberry muller light, mixed summer fruit berries)
    L: red pepper strips and HEXA cheese
    D: gammon, mash, peas, parsley sauce

Snacks: melon, mixed berries, easy peelers
    Syns; 6 for 3 spoonfuls of parsley sauce
    Originally posted by p00hsticks
    Thanks it was I hae the munchies today, just had orange and pear, got roast later but im on a fast from 8pm so can see me going bed early tonight
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    • 5,081 Posts
    • 38,006 Thanks
    joedenise
    I'm another who would recommend AO Nicki. I've used them a couple of times and they always arrive when they say they will. The delivery guys have all been good and friendly.

Hope you enjoyed the smarties Beanie!

TopGirl - I'm another who fell in a vatful of wine on Friday night! No idea how many syns I had but when DH got the box out with water biscuits in there were only 2 left - it had been a new packet when I put it in the Motorhome Friday morning! So probably about 10 each plus we'd eaten about 10 cheese triangles @ 2 syns each so I recon probably about 50-60 syns.

But was good yesterday and only had a few syns and only a couple planned for today. Will need to keep syns low again for the rest of the week until WI on Thursday morning!

Today's plan:

B - SW fry up - cooked by DH
    L - boiled bacon sandwich; pickle (HEB + 3)
    D - chicken traybake - onions, garlic, peppers, carrots, potatoes. Will also do some cabbage & green beans. Splash of gravy

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - low fat spread 2; pickle 1

Denise
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 15th Apr 18, 3:13 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 15,437 Thanks
    greentiger
    What a kind granddaughter you have, esmy.

Good work, gts, on the weight loss.

bubbs, is that hm SW pancakes? Is anything hiding inside?

I’m doing ok so far today – it certainly helps if you don’t surface until 11.30. I’d been up watching the marathon – poor Callum Hawkins, but at least he seems to be ok, according to reports. I seem to be the opposite of what is recommended approach, no matter what time I get up, ie the less I eat early in the day, the less I seem to want. If I have a good breakfast, I just want to keep eating.

Brunch (at 1.00): Cheat’s Eggs Benedict (1 + hexb)

Planned: marinated lamb steak with potato salad and veg (to be decided), fruit salad & Greek yogurt
    Snacks: hexa cheese & grapes

That leaves lots of scope for any treats I might be tempted to have, but I am still full from earlier!
    Stashbusting 47
    Reading Challenge 8/26
    Film Challenge 3/26[COLOR="Blue"]
    Weight Loss 1 2.2/9
    Weight Loss 2 +1.6/9
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 15th Apr 18, 3:19 PM
    • 10,510 Posts
    • 19,868 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Afternoon all
    So I have the smaller shapewear. Size 10-12 and scarily small! Think I will have to have a try on later. Happy in some ways but narked off in others Trying so hard this week- I really want that 3.5 stone bling on Saturday morning!! I dont think it will last long though as I always go off plan on awards weekend just two days though so hopefully I can get back on the wagon fairly quick.
    Todays food:
    B: Onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, 2 x LMc RO&R sausages. Decaf coffee (1.5 syns for milk)
    L: Chicken and ham salad, 2 pears, cup of lemon and ginger tea
    T: Keema curry on a bed of veg. Rice pudding (made with HEXA, 1 syn for sweetener) with blueberries
    Wine syns: 4.5
    Supper: HEXB Alpen Light x 2, bag of crisps (6.5)
    Syns: 13.5
    Hope all is well with everyone xx
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 50% complete PhD application pending
    WFC and pleased to be sponsor for the 2nd season
    I my bulldozer
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,303Posts Today

8,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin