Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 4,052Posts
    • 76,586Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr 5th Mar 18 at 11:12 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 05-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 55
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    • 52,680 Posts
    • 206,683 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that all went well Denise
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Apr 18, 7:07 PM
    • 51,185 Posts
    • 616,655 Thanks
    bubbs
    They must be hiding under all that speed !
    Originally posted by p00hsticks
    They were under the egg
    Burgers look good bubbs
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thanks
    Thought I'd let you all know everything went ok at the Medical entre today. Have got the trace from the machine to take to my GP next week (Monday morning).

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    that's good news xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 1 1/2lb
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 10th Apr 18, 7:45 PM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 11,632 Thanks
    kathrynha
    2.5 gain

Expected it but don't like it
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Apr 18, 7:49 PM
    • 52,680 Posts
    • 206,683 Thanks
    beanielou
    2.5 gain

Originally posted by kathrynha
    Keep plodding

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Apr 18, 7:55 PM
    • 51,185 Posts
    • 616,655 Thanks
    bubbs
    2.5 gain

Originally posted by kathrynha
    Wasn't as much a me, we WILL do it
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Apr 18, 7:56 PM
    • 51,185 Posts
    • 616,655 Thanks
    bubbs
    Beanie how are you feeling now?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Apr 18, 8:19 PM
    • 52,680 Posts
    • 206,683 Thanks
    beanielou
    Beanie how are you feeling now?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Plodding on thanks bubbs.
    My accapuncture went well last night so thats good

How are you?

***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Apr 18, 8:46 PM
    • 51,185 Posts
    • 616,655 Thanks
    bubbs
    Plodding on thanks bubbs.
    My accapuncture went well last night so thats good

How are you?
    Oh that's good, how often do you get it?
    I am ok thanks
    Will be better if i have lost some of this 3lb
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Apr 18, 8:56 PM
    • 52,680 Posts
    • 206,683 Thanks
    beanielou
    Oh that's good, how often do you get it?
    I am ok thanks
    Will be better if i have lost some of this 3lb
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Have been having it every two weeks & have had 3.
    We will see what happens next.....

Sure that you will loose some of that 3 lbs this week

***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Apr 18, 9:01 PM
    • 51,185 Posts
    • 616,655 Thanks
    bubbs
    Have been having it every two weeks & have had 3.
    We will see what happens next.....

Sure that you will loose some of that 3 lbs this week
    Fingers crossed for you xxx
    I have done a food diary , everything written down so hope so
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 10th Apr 18, 9:15 PM
    • 3,515 Posts
    • 8,712 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Had a stir fry tonight so lots of lovely speed.

Good news Denise.....chin up Kathrynha - you can join me on the gainers seat lol
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 10th Apr 18, 11:12 PM
    • 10,505 Posts
    • 19,842 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Evening all
    I was naughty again last night I think it was the mentality that because I weighed yesterday and then dont weigh again until a week on Saturday that I figured I would get shot of it all by then
    Been very good today though.
    Todays food:
    B: HEXB HiFi bars, Apple, pear, Light and Free Yoghurt, HEXA Alpro choc soya drink (+1.5)
    L: Subway salad (1.5 for dressing) water, coffee (1.5 for milk)
    T: SW ready meal fish pie (this was really nice despite reports I had heard to the contrary) broccoli, cauliflower, carrots. Mushroom couscous (2) Raspberries, Halo Top cookie dough (4.5) water
    S: Hula Hoops Pufts (3.5) Chicken drumsticks, lemon and ginger tea
    Syns: 14.5
    Night all xx
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 50% complete PhD application pending
    WFC and pleased to be sponsor for the 2nd season
    I my bulldozer
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 10th Apr 18, 11:15 PM
    • 10,505 Posts
    • 19,842 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Evening all
    I was naughty again last night I think it was the mentality that because I weighed yesterday and then dont weigh again until a week on Saturday that I figured I would get shot of it all by then
    Been very good today though.
    Had an amusing moment in which I had to buy new trousers as I wish I had listened to OH when he told me that wearing a pair of jeggings that I had bought when I was still a size 22 (as they were a very generous 20) would not end well Upshot is- he was correct, the local charity shop got a new donation and I spent £15 in New Look on a pair of size 16 emergency jeggings
    Todays food:
    B: HEXB HiFi bars, Apple, pear, Light and Free Yoghurt, HEXA Alpro choc soya drink (+1.5)
    L: Subway salad (1.5 for dressing) water, coffee (1.5 for milk)
    T: SW ready meal fish pie (this was really nice despite reports I had heard to the contrary) broccoli, cauliflower, carrots. Mushroom couscous (2) Raspberries, Halo Top cookie dough (4.5) water
    S: Hula Hoops Pufts (3.5) Chicken drumsticks, lemon and ginger tea
    Syns: 14.5
    Night all xx
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 50% complete PhD application pending
    WFC and pleased to be sponsor for the 2nd season
    I my bulldozer
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 11th Apr 18, 8:35 AM
    • 3,608 Posts
    • 15,641 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Morning all! Decided I was really good yesterday! It was my birthday and wanted a treat, so bought M&S New York cheesecake slice. Didn't care about the syns (18) BUT ate so much for dinner, there was no room for it! However, I did have a nibble on 1/2 bar of M&S Swiss chocolate which I had been given as part of a gift, so that 6 syns in addition to the 6 I had at breakfast is making me feel a little smug this morning

Breakfast today is overnight oats with lots of strawberries
    Lunch will be veggie pasta
    Dinner is eating out, but still planning on the shish & rice.

Have a good day, both food wise & health wise.
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • klew356
    • By klew356 11th Apr 18, 8:54 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    klew356
    I don’t really like milk and i don’t drink tea or coffee, last night i had turkey with a baked potato baked beans and a little cheese (i was late home!) probably not as much as i am allowed to have. I try and have a yoghurt if not 2 a day?
    Todays menu
    Peaches, muller, swiss style muesli and grapes
    Pasta n sauce, extra veg
    Tonight tea sw bacon and potato bake, some sort of veg
    I have boiled some eggs to for hungry pangs as i miss savoury more than sweet
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 11th Apr 18, 9:12 AM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 11,632 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Glad the appointment went well Denise.

Happy birthday for yesterday Gettingtherequickly.

Start of a new week for me. Not going to be an easy one as I am away for a few days, but I plan to stick to plan with very low syns when I can, and try not to be too bad the rest of the time.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - couscous salad
    Dinner - speedy chilli (batch cooking for future meals too)

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - cranberry juice (2.5)
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
    • klew356
    • By klew356 11th Apr 18, 9:16 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    klew356
    OH PS, going forward i will try for more speed foods than free especially in the fruit – im just working my way through what is in the house at the moment
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 11th Apr 18, 9:17 AM
    • 5,049 Posts
    • 37,864 Thanks
    joedenise
    klew - don't know how much cheese you had but for info you are allowed 30g of full fat cheddar and 40g of low fat cheddar. If you need details of other cheeses just ask.

A good result for you GTQ not eating the cheesecake! That's what we call a non scale victory!

Today's plan:

B - boiled eggs; 1 slice of bread; 2 syns for spread
    L - LO butternut squash soup; 1 slice of bread (no spread)
    D - Beef stew (from freezer); mash

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - 2 for spread. This leaves me 4.5 syns before a new week starts tomorrow!

Denise
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 11th Apr 18, 9:19 AM
    • 5,049 Posts
    • 37,864 Thanks
    joedenise
    klew - don't know how much cheese you had but for info you are allowed 30g of full fat cheddar and 40g of low fat cheddar. If you need details of other cheeses just ask.

A good result for you GTQ not eating the cheesecake! That's what we call a non scale victory!

Today's plan:

B - boiled eggs; 1 slice of bread; 2 syns for spread
    L - LO butternut squash soup; 1 slice of bread (no spread)
    D - Beef stew (from freezer); mash

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - 2 for spread. This leaves me 4.5 syns before a new week starts tomorrow!

Denise
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 11th Apr 18, 11:10 AM
    • 2,093 Posts
    • 1,157 Thanks
    Stoke
    3.5lbs off for me this week, landing my 4st award which is awesome considering I only got 3 1/2 last week. My consultant text me today to congratulate me which is always nice. Her and my group have been absolutely vital to this process for me. Still don't have a before and after photo though. I'm not very photogenic, sod that

Also SOTW in my group (not that I deserved it, a guy lost 4lbs so I felt bad on him really).

My target is now under 2 stone away.... (About 1st 7lbs i think?) starting to wonder whether I should lower it though. I'm really now aiming to get next level on this, because I'm aware that weight loss slows down a lot towards the end.

I think I'm definitely considered the anomaly of the group though, certainly by other members and my consultant.... especially how I go about it and approach it. No hi-fi bars, no rice, no pasta, I try to keep non-S and non-P free foods to a minimum, I don't really measure my milk but rather if I'm having a not-so-great week cut it out almost entirely (perhaps just one cup of white coffee, then black for the rest of the day?) and I openly admitted last night that I actually weigh myself everyday.... No questions asked....... to which my horrified consultant couldn't believe what I was saying and interjected to remind members that might not be such a good thing. To me, weighing myself everyday is ideal. Perhaps it's just my personality though. If I haven't lost weight or I'm not happy with how the week is going, I really up it and go next level to ensure that I have at least some loss. If I've lost weight, then I know that I'm doing something right. It sounds borderline autistic (and I think with all respect I probably am, although undiagnosed) but when my scales ran out of battery this week, I was really concerned because I felt I had no control over what was happening.

I'm probably not the best advert for Slimming World ever am I? That said, I owe my weight loss 100% to the principals that Slimming World have taught me. I've always liked to tinker and hack things to suit me though
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

103Posts Today

1,613Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin