Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 4,052Posts
    • 76,586Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr 5th Mar 18 at 11:12 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 05-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 54
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Apr 18, 8:22 PM
    • 51,185 Posts
    • 616,654 Thanks
    bubbs
    A lady I used to talk to on the school run a few years ago lost 3 stone. She had loads of problems with her teeth after losing the weight, the dentist said that she had eaten too many oranges which had destroyed the enamel on her teeth!
    I buy loads of fruit and veg as well but also too many naughty items, thinking that they are treats for son but I end up eating them.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    another problem, be thin and have no teeth well not thin but thinner

I bought some lush strawberries from t today
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 1 1/2lb
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 9th Apr 18, 9:55 PM
    • 2,124 Posts
    • 15,418 Thanks
    greentiger
    Poor you, beanie, I hope you haven’t done too much damage. We had another snow free day, but the hill still has a little. Just in the hollows, so it should be gone soon at last.

Enjoy your weekends away, Denise & Nicki. I hope you got on ok at hospital, Denise.

Hugs to you both, Mr & Mrs TIE.

I like the citrus/lime diet coke; I really do not fancy the others at all.

Good for you, Midge, tweets. Cg, TG, Mrs_R and Catty. Fabulous loss, Stoke.

bubbs, I have a wee hand spiraliser (bit like a big pencil sharpener). I used it a few times when new and now it’s rarely out of the cupboard. I think it's a bit of a fad for me.

Your lamb kebab looks tasty, Mrs_R. You’re rivalling bubbs now.

Thanks for the chart, Kathryn (really happy for you re results from hospital). Congrats TG. I’m posting a wee (surprising) loss of 0.6lbs. No danger days until Friday now (fingers crossed).

Hello, klew.
    Stashbusting 47
    Reading Challenge 8/26
    Film Challenge 3/26[COLOR="Blue"]
    Weight Loss 1 2.2/9
    Weight Loss 2 +1.6/9
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 9th Apr 18, 10:45 PM
    • 2,274 Posts
    • 15,292 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Still have the rest of this week off which is good as lack of sleep is doing me in
    Still not convinced hubbys chest infection isn’t pneumonia though, won’t go back to Dr though (rolls eyes).
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 10th Apr 18, 8:12 AM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 11,632 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Weigh in day today, and it really isn't going to be good. No matter how much I starve today I am feeling so fat and bloated

today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - meatballs leftovers
    Dinner - salad

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - cranberry juice (2.5)
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 10th Apr 18, 8:26 AM
    • 3,608 Posts
    • 15,641 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Well done on losses everyone. Enjoying picking up food ideas.

Breakfast today will be 2 turkey rasher rolls, 6 syns I know, but hey, we're allowed and as not a single one passed my lips yesterday.....

Because I will be full, I have cut up some apple, pear & strawberries for lunch, got a yoghurt so may chuck that on top.

Dinner will be jacket potato, beans and some chicken.

Need to be careful as out tomorrow for dinner, will be able to reasonably control it as restaurant is my choice, so a place that does Med food, so will have rice, salad & shish.

Have a good day everyone
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 10th Apr 18, 8:53 AM
    • 5,049 Posts
    • 37,864 Thanks
    joedenise
    Gettingtherequickly you really need to have more Speed over the day - it should make up at least 1/3 of what you eat. How about some salad with your jacket potato? If you can't face it on the same plate, could you put it on a side plate (it's what I do!) Or perhaps have a salad or soup as a starter.

Today's plan (Green day):

B - porridge, fruit
    L - cheese on toast
    D - Linda McCartney red onion & rosemary sausages, new potatoes, cabbage, brocolli & splash of gravy

HEA1 - milk
    HEA2 - cheese
    HEB1 - porridge
    HEB2 - bread

Syns - none planned
    (although last night I was peckish so had a couple of Lotus biscuits, which are 4 syns, so may do the same again tonight)

Denise
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 10th Apr 18, 10:13 AM
    • 6,091 Posts
    • 6,369 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    Morning all. Hope all are well.
    Fingers crossed the weigh in isn't too bad kathrynha.
    Hope you and OH are feeling better soon TakeitEazy

Plan for today:

B: Kipper, wholemeal bread (HEXB)
    L: Ham, cheese (HEXA) and red pepper salad
    D: Chicken chow mein (chicken, onion, peppers, mushrooms, noodles)

Snacks: pears, melon, muller light
    Syns: none planned
    • maman
    • By maman 10th Apr 18, 10:45 AM
    • 17,777 Posts
    • 106,485 Thanks
    maman
    Well done on your loss greentiger.

Weigh in day today, and it really isn't going to be good. No matter how much I starve today I am feeling so fat and bloated
    Originally posted by kathrynha

At least you've made a good start for next week kathrynha. I know SW encourages us to look at weightloss as a week to week thing but it's really a continuous process. That's why it's always best to do what you've done and get back on plan ASAP after straying rather than write off the whole week/day.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, ham, fried egg, HEB toast, tomatoes, mushrooms, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese and pickles
    D: chicken casserole (onion, mushrooms, carrots, celery) with butter beans, new potatoes, cauli and cabbage
    Syns: cornflour 1
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 10th Apr 18, 10:54 AM
    • 3,608 Posts
    • 15,641 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Gettingtherequickly you really need to have more Speed over the day - it should make up at least 1/3 of what you eat. How about some salad with your jacket potato? If you can't face it on the same plate, could you put it on a side plate (it's what I do!) Or perhaps have a salad or soup as a starter.

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    I should have said that salad is taken for granted with dinner! Tonight will be beetroot, tomato, cucumber & spring onion
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • maman
    • By maman 10th Apr 18, 11:04 AM
    • 17,777 Posts
    • 106,485 Thanks
    maman
    I should have said that salad is taken for granted with dinner! Tonight will be beetroot, tomato, cucumber & spring onion
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly

That's good to know as I was going to post exactly the same until I read what denise said.

It helps me to list down all the Speed I'm planning (as I did with my chicken casserole) as then if it looks a bit thin on the ground I can plan in more. I genuinely believe that Speed and planning are the two most important parts of SW.
    • dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 10th Apr 18, 2:58 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 1,172 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Lost 2lb this week at SW
    That brings me back to what I was at the end of January,3st 13 lbs lost.Maybe I can lose that final pound before I go to see the diabetic nurse next Wednesday? Can but try.
    Originally posted by dustydigger
    Kathryna,something gone amiss with my results on table for 2-8th April. I lost 2 lbs,but it says I gained 0.20 lbs!
    see post 5th April #976,page 48
    Last edited by dustydigger; 10-04-2018 at 3:20 PM.

SPC 2018 # 012 -
    £2 Savers 2018 #19 £78 Tesco Xmas Savers £10.01
    House & Home Fund 2018 - £132 (plus £174 from 2017 = £306)
    SW loss - 4 stone
    / AF April 20/24 Books read 6/12 Prolific £15.49
    SW Spring challenge 0.5/6 lbs//30mins Walks (Body Magic) 7/12

• Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 10th Apr 18, 3:14 PM
    • 4,052 Posts
    • 76,586 Thanks
    Chrisv
    something gone amiss with my results on table for 2-8th April. I lost 2 lbs, but it says I gained 0.20 lbs!
    see post 5th April #976
    Originally posted by dustydigger
    Hi dusty oops, I spotted that too - it has been corrected on the chart so should show correctly next week
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 10th Apr 18, 3:39 PM
    • 2,287 Posts
    • 18,450 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    sorry I have been awol...again - life getting in the way ... again. I have been up and down as usual but decided that when the current countdown finishes in a couple of week I'll take a break from groups and do what I can at home. I can use the time I usually spend at group being more active whether that's in the gym or a dvd at home or out walking with little one.

tonight won't be so great as I had an indulgent weekend with a good friend (long overdue and has worked a miracle for my mental health around a lot of things) but I'm at peace with that for a change! last week I lost 2.5lb and I completely changed my mental attitude to it all in between that group and the one before.

so in short...still catching up on life - obviously not completing the challenge but I'll be hovering around and will be back soon
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • maman
    • By maman 10th Apr 18, 4:40 PM
    • 17,777 Posts
    • 106,485 Thanks
    maman
    Good to see you lush. So pleased you had a good weekend with your friend.

When I first read you planned to stop going to group I thought it would be a mistake to stop having that hour or so to yourself. But if you go out for a walk (who knows the sun might shine in the next few months) or go to the gym then that's a good substitute. You know the plan well enough to go it alone and you know we're here to support you.

well done on your 2.5lbs. You know it works when you're in the right mindset.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Apr 18, 4:54 PM
    • 51,185 Posts
    • 616,654 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Well done on the losses
    Kathryn fingers crossed for you, WI soon creeps upon us
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 10th Apr 18, 4:55 PM
    • 5,049 Posts
    • 37,864 Thanks
    joedenise
    LLS - Good to see you posting again. Sounds like your head is in the right place at the moment and a 2.5lb loss is brilliant!

Glad you had a good weekend with your friends. There's nothing better than a catch up with a good friend, even if there is a bit of over indulgence!

Keep up the good work. Remember "be good when you can and careful when you can't". Works for me most of the time!

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Apr 18, 6:19 PM
    • 51,185 Posts
    • 616,654 Thanks
    bubbs

Home made 5% burgers
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 10th Apr 18, 6:29 PM
    • 6,091 Posts
    • 6,369 Thanks
    p00hsticks

Home made 5% burgers
    Originally posted by bubbs
    They must be hiding under all that speed !
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 52,680 Posts
    • 206,683 Thanks
    beanielou
    Burgers look good bubbs
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 10th Apr 18, 6:55 PM
    • 5,049 Posts
    • 37,864 Thanks
    joedenise
    Thought I'd let you all know everything went ok at the Medical entre today. Have got the trace from the machine to take to my GP next week (Monday morning).

Denise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

40Posts Today

3,420Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin