Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 4,433Posts
    • 78,716Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr 5th Mar 18 at 11:12 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 05-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 53
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 9th Apr 18, 8:30 AM
    • 6,384 Posts
    • 6,922 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    Thanks for the chart Kathrynha and congratulations to TopGirl on SOTW

Plan for the day

B: Melon and mixed berries
    L: Stuffed mushrooms (using HEXA cheese & HEXB wholemeal breadcrumbs)
    D: ALDI Lamb rogan josh with cauli rice
    Snacks: pears, muller light

Syns: 1.5 for curry
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Apr 18, 8:59 AM
    • 3,268 Posts
    • 34,025 Thanks
    curl girl
    Mega proud of this- lamb kebab with couscous and garlic sauce from the most recent magazine. I cheated a bit and used ready prepared salad instead of chopping my own, lemon juice from a bottle instead of squeezing them freshly and garlic granules instead of freshly crushing garlic. Made no difference though- it was gorgeous! Feeling pleasantly stuffed now
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    What is the garlic sauce please?
    Guessing it's yoghurt base, whenever I try to make my own it never tastes right.
    May treat myself to the magazine, not bought one for a few years.

Morning all.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 9th Apr 18, 9:16 AM
    • 2,254 Posts
    • 12,216 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Wow, lots of posts to catch up on. Well done to all that have lost or maintained over Easter. Hugs to those that succumbed to the temptation of the Easter chocolate

Good luck at the hospital today Denise, and take care of yourself Beanie.

Had good scan results last week. I can now start to introduce stuff back in to my diet. Might have over done the chocolate a bit much after over a year with no chocolate

Been a busy week with school holiday and hospital appointments for both me and my daughter. Not been eating very healthy, but have been very active so hopefully some damage limitation.

Weigh in tomorrow night, so doing my normal 2 days of being good to try to undo some of the damage.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - couscous salad
    Dinner - Pasta and meatballs

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - cranberry juice (2.5)
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
    • klew356
    • By klew356 9th Apr 18, 9:46 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,807 Thanks
    klew356
    help
    Ok, so im too tight to pay slimming world fees but i think that it is a good plan to loosely plan my weight loss with, any tips and easy recipes?
    Todays food is
    Breakfast muesli 40g, handful of grapes, strawberry muller, chia seeds and a chopped banana – is this too much?
    Lunch: savoury rice, sweetcorn and chicken
    Dinner: sticky chicken, stirfry veg and boiled rice

I haven’t worked out any snacks yet?!

Help!
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 9th Apr 18, 10:23 AM
    • 5,362 Posts
    • 39,993 Thanks
    joedenise
    Ok, so im too tight to pay slimming world fees but i think that it is a good plan to loosely plan my weight loss with, any tips and easy recipes?
    Todays food is
    Breakfast muesli 40g, handful of grapes, strawberry muller, chia seeds and a chopped banana – is this too much?
    Lunch: savoury rice, sweetcorn and chicken
    Dinner: sticky chicken, stirfry veg and boiled rice

I haven’t worked out any snacks yet?!

Help!
    Originally posted by klew356

Welcome klew to the thread.

Your breakfast definitely isn't too much if that is how much you need to eat in order to feel full up, however you haven't got any Speed fruit in there. Both grapes and bananas are Free foods but not Speed foods. You should change the fruit to berries, apples, pears, oranges etc. Also you would need to syn the chia seeds or the museli (not all museli's are Healthy Extra B (HEB) choices so I would syn that for 6 syns). The chia seeds would then be your HEB.

You also need some Speed foods with your lunch, perhaps a salad.

Your evening meal is good.

You need a Health Extra A (HEA) which is your calcium element milk or cheese. If you let us know what you're having we can advise how much.

Denise
    • maman
    • By maman 9th Apr 18, 11:19 AM
    • 18,436 Posts
    • 110,047 Thanks
    maman
    Thank you

I not on school holidays went back Tuesday after having a week off
    Originally posted by tweets

Wow! That was an early return from Easter. Schools round here don't go back for another week.

Had good scan results last week. I can now start to introduce stuff back in to my diet. Might have over done the chocolate a bit much after over a year with no chocolate
    Originally posted by kathrynha

That's brilliant news kathrynha. Delighted for you!

Hope the hospital appointment goes well denise.

Welcome kiew. How much do you know about SW? Have you done it before? Do you have any books?

This is a great thread so do ask any questions you like. What sort of meals do you like to eat? Lots of ordinary recipes can so easily be adapted to make them SW friendly. Sometimes it's just a case of using Frylight instead of oil. Lists of Speed food (most fruit and veg) and other tips are in the early posts of the thread.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, scrambled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: cold meat, fried veg, pickles
    D: salmon, SW chips, stir fried veg
    Syns: HP sauce 1
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 9th Apr 18, 11:24 AM
    • 1,161 Posts
    • 8,094 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Whooop Thanks guys

Another 1lb off for this week please. It's actually 1.something but I've decided I'm only dealing in full pounds.

I'm delighted with that considering it was star week and champion's league quarter final week.

Rolling on and aiming for 2 this week.

B - Overnight granola (HEXB) and two slices of bacon with the fat cut off. Top Boy is finally home from his dad's and needed a bacon sandwich and I wasn't making it without having a bit myself.

D - Ham salad and a weight watchers yogurt.

T - Not sure yet. Maybe beef stew, maybe SW fish and chips, going to Asda with Top Baby shortly.

HEXA will be milk in the day.

1.5 syns for an Options. Saving the rest for a couple of Coors Lights during tomorrow's game.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 9th Apr 18, 11:41 AM
    • 10,646 Posts
    • 20,161 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    What is the garlic sauce please?
    Guessing it's yoghurt base, whenever I try to make my own it never tastes right.
    May treat myself to the magazine, not bought one for a few years.

Morning all.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    It is a yogurt base fat free natural Greek yoghurt (I used Total 0.0) with garlic mixed in and a bit of salt and pepper. I literally just shook some garlic granules into the yoghurt and seasoned it with sea salt and a pinch of black pepper, then mixed it around with a spoon

Just running on quickly to report a huge surprise- -1.5lbs

My mum reckons that the naughty food I have eaten has re-booted my metabolism either way i’ll take it
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English De Montfort Uni 2018- PASSED WITH MERIT!!
    Strictly 2018 Go Mr R! #teamLee
    Miss you JV and TW
    Sponsor and season ticket holder for 2018/2019!
    Elle
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 9th Apr 18, 1:29 PM
    • 4,013 Posts
    • 10,159 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Congratulations Topgirl on being SOTW and thanks Kathrynha / ChrisV for the chart.

Good news btw Kathrynha & fingers crossed denise.

Welcome Klew to the group.

Have decided that I've mucked around for far too long and that I will get to target ...I have the 11th May as my target date as we'll be meeting some people then that we haven't seen in a long time so the mission has started!

Having said that, for the first time ever, I'm consciously going to miss class this week (Can I put be put down for a no weigh this week please?) - we plan on going away in the caravan & whereasI would normally weigh on the Friday, I'm off out on Thursday and will be having a meal out. No alcohol will be drunk (designated driver) though.

However I've decided that I want my 4.5 stone sticker when I weigh a week Saturday so that is my mini challenge.

Not sure what is on the menu tonight but it will be low syn !
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 9th Apr 18, 2:09 PM
    • 5,362 Posts
    • 39,993 Thanks
    joedenise
    Been to the hospital and had my blood tests done - was up there for over 2 hours, it was horrendously busy today. They've stopped the walk in clinic for ECGs since 1 April so had to go to the Medical Centre next to the hospital and have an appointment for 11.00 tomorrow. So another morning mucked up!

Glad to hear you've had good results for your scan Kathryn.

Today's plan:

B - fry up; 1 slice of bread
    L - 2 pea soup; 1 slice of bread
    D - gammon, new potatoes; beans & mushrooms

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - none planned (need to keep very low syn as over on syns so far this week!)

Denise
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Apr 18, 4:53 PM
    • 56,837 Posts
    • 231,442 Thanks
    beanielou
    That's brilliant news kathrynha. Delighted for you!

Hope the hospital appointment goes well denise.

From me too.
    What a plaver Denise.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Apr 18, 6:44 PM
    • 52,899 Posts
    • 628,143 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Bit behind today, fish cooked in parsley sauce 5 syns
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 52,899 Posts
    • 628,143 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done TopGirl on SOTW
    Thanks for chart Kathryn and Chris x

I've somehow managed to record a 7lb gain between Friday and today after a weekend away with family. We did have a couple of formal meals and more alcohol than I would normally drink but as I was still having modest breakfast and lunches and not snacking in between I can't really understand why there was such a big gain in just 3 days!

My digestion is feeling pretty uncomfortable and I'm quite sleep deprived today so hopefully this will all largely resolve over the next few days, including the gain! I had just managed to get into normal BMI as well so it's frustrating to be back firmly in the overweight category again so quickly.
    Originally posted by Nicki
    Oppps

Whooop Thanks guys

Another 1lb off for this week please. It's actually 1.something but I've decided I'm only dealing in full pounds.

I'm delighted with that considering it was star week and champion's league quarter final week.

Rolling on and aiming for 2 this week.

B - Overnight granola (HEXB) and two slices of bacon with the fat cut off. Top Boy is finally home from his dad's and needed a bacon sandwich and I wasn't making it without having a bit myself.

D - Ham salad and a weight watchers yogurt.

T - Not sure yet. Maybe beef stew, maybe SW fish and chips, going to Asda with Top Baby shortly.

HEXA will be milk in the day.

1.5 syns for an Options. Saving the rest for a couple of Coors Lights during tomorrow's game.
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    Well done on your loss
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    • 52,899 Posts
    • 628,143 Thanks
    bubbs
    Wow, lots of posts to catch up on. Well done to all that have lost or maintained over Easter. Hugs to those that succumbed to the temptation of the Easter chocolate

Good luck at the hospital today Denise, and take care of yourself Beanie.

Been a busy week with school holiday and hospital appointments for both me and my daughter. Not been eating very healthy, but have been very active so hopefully some damage limitation.

Weigh in tomorrow night, so doing my normal 2 days of being good to try to undo some of the damage.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - couscous salad
    Dinner - Pasta and meatballs

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - cranberry juice (2.5)
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    Thats good news Kathryn
    Wish my gain was due to the easter bunny
    Congratulations Topgirl on being SOTW and thanks Kathrynha / ChrisV for the chart.

Good news btw Kathrynha & fingers crossed denise.

Welcome Klew to the group.

Have decided that I've mucked around for far too long and that I will get to target ...I have the 11th May as my target date as we'll be meeting some people then that we haven't seen in a long time so the mission has started!

Having said that, for the first time ever, I'm consciously going to miss class this week (Can I put be put down for a no weigh this week please?) - we plan on going away in the caravan & whereasI would normally weigh on the Friday, I'm off out on Thursday and will be having a meal out. No alcohol will be drunk (designated driver) though.

However I've decided that I want my 4.5 stone sticker when I weigh a week Saturday so that is my mini challenge.

Not sure what is on the menu tonight but it will be low syn !
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    How much do you need to target?
    Been to the hospital and had my blood tests done - was up there for over 2 hours, it was horrendously busy today. They've stopped the walk in clinic for ECGs since 1 April so had to go to the Medical Centre next to the hospital and have an appointment for 11.00 tomorrow. So another morning mucked up!

Glad to hear you've had good results for your scan Kathryn.

Today's plan:

B - fry up; 1 slice of bread
    L - 2 pea soup; 1 slice of bread
    D - gammon, new potatoes; beans & mushrooms

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - none planned (need to keep very low syn as over on syns so far this week!)

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    What a palava Denise hope tomorrow goes better x
    Welcome Klew
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Apr 18, 7:10 PM
    • 3,268 Posts
    • 34,025 Thanks
    curl girl
    Evening everyone.
    I enjoy reading your meal plans.
    Will read back a few more pages tonight for inspiration.
    Shopping only consisted of fruit, veg and salad stuff today so really pleased to resist any sugary/salty snacks that I normally buy.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Apr 18, 7:17 PM
    • 52,899 Posts
    • 628,143 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening everyone.
    I enjoy reading your meal plans.
    Will read back a few more pages tonight for inspiration.
    Shopping only consisted of fruit, veg and salad stuff today so really pleased to resist any sugary/salty snacks that I normally buy.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Well done, i buy fruit most days but my lips are very sore think its the satsumas
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 9th Apr 18, 7:30 PM
    • 2,618 Posts
    • 2,262 Thanks
    Stoke
    So last Tuesday forgot to post my weight loss.

-6lbs but i think it's not entirely accurate as i lost only 0.5 the week before and that wasn't really true. If I lose 1.5 this week, I've lost 4st in total.

Keep it up Slimmers
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Apr 18, 7:36 PM
    • 52,899 Posts
    • 628,143 Thanks
    bubbs
    So last Tuesday forgot to post my weight loss.

-6lbs but i think it's not entirely accurate as i lost only 0.5 the week before and that wasn't really true. If I lose 1.5 this week, I've lost 4st in total.

Keep it up Slimmers
    Originally posted by Stoke
    well done, total loss is good
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Apr 18, 8:00 PM
    • 3,268 Posts
    • 34,025 Thanks
    curl girl
    Well done, i buy fruit most days but my lips are very sore think its the satsumas
    Originally posted by bubbs
    A lady I used to talk to on the school run a few years ago lost 3 stone. She had loads of problems with her teeth after losing the weight, the dentist said that she had eaten too many oranges which had destroyed the enamel on her teeth!
    I buy loads of fruit and veg as well but also too many naughty items, thinking that they are treats for son but I end up eating them.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 9th Apr 18, 8:15 PM
    • 4,013 Posts
    • 10,159 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Bubbs - I need 12.5lbs to get target.....I know I faff about but I've decided to stop the playing around and sort it out.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

48Posts Today

2,318Users online

Martin's Twitter