Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 4,139Posts
    • 77,074Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr 5th Mar 18 at 11:12 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 05-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 13
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Mar 18, 12:25 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Happy to help I'll do m'self a little spreadsheet
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    You are a star.... and if you have a way of stopping me stuffing food in my mouth - that would be really helpful! x

• kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 13th Mar 18, 12:29 PM
    • 2,161 Posts
    • 11,639 Thanks
    kathrynha
    You are a star.... and if you have a way of stopping me stuffing food in my mouth - that would be really helpful! x

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy

Duck tape?
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    My back(one side) hasent felt this good in years.
    Wonder how long it will last?

I may have treated myself to a wee bag bubbs.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Do you still ave the wee bag?
    Hope it lasts for your back xx
    Duck tape?
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    Might shut her up

Afternoon all
    Good luck tonight Kathryn
    Thanks Chris and beanie
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Mar 18, 4:04 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    Might help someone
    Any 3 for £1 - White Cabbage - 1kg Carrots - Brown Onions 485g - Parsnips 500g - Brocolli @ Tesco from 14/03
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Mar 18, 4:16 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Duck tape?
    Originally posted by kathrynha

Might shut her up
    Originally posted by bubbs
    It would save a fortune on waxing my hairy face!

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Mar 18, 5:07 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    It would save a fortune on waxing my hairy face!

Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 13th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    • 5,140 Posts
    • 38,335 Thanks
    joedenise
    Really annoyed - typed a fairly long post and then my internet connection dropped out so I lost it!

Glad to hear your back is feeling better Beanie after the acupuncture. Hopefully it will feel even better next week when you have the other side done!

Thanks Bubbs for that but unfortunately no good for me as we go away for a week on Sunday to Devon.

Will be getting some body magic whilst away as it is an activity hotel. Will definitely be playing golf on 3 days but will also do some aerobics and swimming. There's loads of different sports to try so will try some new things as well!

Today's food isn't brilliant as not much Speed in at the moment.

B - porridge made with water by DH but forgot to get the frozen fruit out so no Speed
    L - jacket potato and beans and again no Speed
    D - LO roast pork, SW chips, more beans & pickled onions (so at least a bit of Speed, LOL!)

HEA - milk
    HEB - porridge
    Syns - none planned but may have something later if I fancy it.

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Mar 18, 6:43 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs

Savoury mince with onions and mushrooms and speeedddddddd
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    Really annoyed - typed a fairly long post and then my internet connection dropped out so I lost it!

Glad to hear your back is feeling better Beanie after the acupuncture. Hopefully it will feel even better next week when you have the other side done!

Thanks Bubbs for that but unfortunately no good for me as we go away for a week on Sunday to Devon.

Will be getting some body magic whilst away as it is an activity hotel. Will definitely be playing golf on 3 days but will also do some aerobics and swimming. There's loads of different sports to try so will try some new things as well!

Today's food isn't brilliant as not much Speed in at the moment.

B - porridge made with water by DH but forgot to get the frozen fruit out so no Speed
    L - jacket potato and beans and again no Speed
    D - LO roast pork, SW chips, more beans & pickled onions (so at least a bit of Speed, LOL!)

HEA - milk
    HEB - porridge
    Syns - none planned but may have something later if I fancy it.

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    I'd rather a holiday than a bit of veg Have a lovely time x
    Also i wouldnt be doing sport
    Might be a bit windy your way tonight
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Mar 18, 8:12 PM
    • 54,098 Posts
    • 214,488 Thanks
    beanielou
    ooh that is not good.

I used to have all sorts done on my back, physio, some strange pulling thing, acupuncture, some electrical thing.... I always left worse than I went in!... I now go to a private chiropractor once a month - I call him jesus - as he performs a miracle every time he sees me!

I initially read this as 'urine bag'

Good girl.... that beanie is a temptress!

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    • 54,098 Posts
    • 214,488 Thanks
    beanielou
    Fingers in ears going 'Lalalala'....
    Originally posted by esmy

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Mar 18, 8:44 PM
    • 29,209 Posts
    • 424,322 Thanks
    tweets
    So I'm at the supermarket buying a bag of grain-free dog food. While in the check out line a lady behind me asked me if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food, right! So being me, I told her no, I don't have a dog, I'm starting the Dog Food Diet again, and I probably shouldn't because last time I ended up in the hospital - but I did lose 50 lbs prior to waking up in the ICU with IV's and tubes in both ends. I also told her that it was a perfect diet because all I would have to do is load my pockets full of dog nuggets and eat 1 or 2 each time I was hungry. The nuggets are nutritionally complete so this why I want to try it again. (I have to mention that everyone in line behind us were completely enthralled with my story!). Horrified, she asked if I landed up in the hospital because the dog food poisoned me. I told her sarcastically NO, I stepped off of a curb to sniff a poodle and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard.
    Now that you've read this, I confess I copied and shared it. Now it's your turn to copy and share, make someone laugh today. We all could use a good laugh, lol !!
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Mar 18, 8:47 PM
    • 54,098 Posts
    • 214,488 Thanks
    beanielou
    So I'm at the supermarket buying a bag of grain-free dog food. While in the check out line a lady behind me asked me if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food, right! So being me, I told her no, I don't have a dog, I'm starting the Dog Food Diet again, and I probably shouldn't because last time I ended up in the hospital - but I did lose 50 lbs prior to waking up in the ICU with IV's and tubes in both ends. I also told her that it was a perfect diet because all I would have to do is load my pockets full of dog nuggets and eat 1 or 2 each time I was hungry. The nuggets are nutritionally complete so this why I want to try it again. (I have to mention that everyone in line behind us were completely enthralled with my story!). Horrified, she asked if I landed up in the hospital because the dog food poisoned me. I told her sarcastically NO, I stepped off of a curb to sniff a poodle and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard.
    Now that you've read this, I confess I copied and shared it. Now it's your turn to copy and share, make someone laugh today. We all could use a good laugh, lol !!
    Originally posted by tweets

***Keep plodding***
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 13th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    • 10,587 Posts
    • 20,056 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Evening everyone
    Having a good giggle at some of the posts on here
    I was wondering who on earth I even am earlier I got up at 6.45am and was in the uni library for 9 to finish and submit my assignment. As I was typing I sat there musing about when I last went to a campus based university. I basically collected my student loan and was only seen a handful of times for the rest of the year- assignment submission was an unknown topic to me most of the time as was paying my fees on time (I was pretty rebellious )23 year old me would have been absolutely horrified at 37 year old me dragging myself out of my nice warm bed in order to get to the library,finish my assignment and submit on time like a good little girl Not only have all my assignments been submitted on time but my fees have been paid in full on time as well Granted I have missed about 50% of the seminars but my tutors are okay with that as I have good reasons. If you had told 23 year old me that some day I would be doing a Masters and doing fairly well at it I would literally be
    That will be my deep and meaningful musing for the day- I have turned into a swot
    Today’s food:
    B:HEXB porridge with HEXA milk and raspberries,decaf coffee with remainder of HEXA
    L: M&S Irish Stew (2) Boots Shapers sushi (1) Apple, grapes, Shapers cream soda
    T: 2 x SW burgers, LMc RO&R sausage, SW chips, onions, peppers, carrots. Quark with 2 x Highlights (4) blueberries, water
    S: 3 Broghies with chicken (3) Quavers (4.5) NAS Vimto
    Syns: 14.5
    Night all. xx
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 75% complete Going back for round 2! BSc (Hons) Combined STEM 2018- Bring it on!
    Weight lost so far- 3 stone 3lb
    I Am Green And White Miss you JV and TW!
    Elle
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 13th Mar 18, 8:56 PM
    • 7,741 Posts
    • 27,664 Thanks
    Nicki
    Perhaps luckily for me the battery in my scales has gone flat whilst I was away so I've got no idea what damage I may have done! My gut feel is that it's not too bad however.

Good day today

Breakfast: scrambled egg, spinach, goats cheese (HEA)
    Lunch: lentils, veg and grilled low fat halloumi (2)
    Dinner: prawns, pineapple, red pepper and homemade sugar free teriyaki sauce

Snack: apple, almonds (HEB)
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Mar 18, 8:59 PM
    • 54,098 Posts
    • 214,488 Thanks
    beanielou
    Also today is very much a day of reflection.
    Today it is 22 years since the horror of Dunblane.
    So please take a moment to remember the children & their teacher.
    Always in our heart.

***Keep plodding***
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Evening everyone
    Having a good giggle at some of the posts on here
    I was wondering who on earth I even am earlier I got up at 6.45am and was in the uni library for 9 to finish and submit my assignment. As I was typing I sat there musing about when I last went to a campus based university. I basically collected my student loan and was only seen a handful of times for the rest of the year- assignment submission was an unknown topic to me most of the time as was paying my fees on time (I was pretty rebellious )23 year old me would have been absolutely horrified at 37 year old me dragging myself out of my nice warm bed in order to get to the library,finish my assignment and submit on time like a good little girl Not only have all my assignments been submitted on time but my fees have been paid in full on time as well Granted I have missed about 50% of the seminars but my tutors are okay with that as I have good reasons. If you had told 23 year old me that some day I would be doing a Masters and doing fairly well at it I would literally be
    That will be my deep and meaningful musing for the day- I have turned into a swot
    Today’s food:
    B:HEXB porridge with HEXA milk and raspberries,decaf coffee with remainder of HEXA
    L: M&S Irish Stew (2) Boots Shapers sushi (1) Apple, grapes, Shapers cream soda
    T: 2 x SW burgers, LMc RO&R sausage, SW chips, onions, peppers, carrots. Quark with 2 x Highlights (4) blueberries, water
    S: 3 Broghies with chicken (3) Quavers (4.5) NAS Vimto
    Syns: 14.5
    Night all. xx
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    Well done at getting the assignment done.... we had total faith in you

Perhaps luckily for me the battery in my scales has gone flat whilst I was away so I've got no idea what damage I may have done! My gut feel is that it's not too bad however.

Good day today

Breakfast: scrambled egg, spinach, goats cheese (HEA)
    Lunch: lentils, veg and grilled low fat halloumi (2)
    Dinner: prawns, pineapple, red pepper and homemade sugar free teriyaki sauce

Snack: apple, almonds (HEB)
    Originally posted by Nicki
    Stuff the weight .... what did you do? what did you buy? where did you eat?...... we need details!

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Mar 18, 9:02 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Also today is very much a day of reflection.
    Today it is 22 years since the horror of Dunblane.
    So please take a moment to remember the children & their teacher.
    Always in our heart.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    It is a day to catch our breath, and then to be pleased that we learnt and evolved from this incident. x
    Last edited by Sunshinemummy; 13-03-2018 at 9:08 PM.
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 13th Mar 18, 9:10 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Weighed in a day early this week but super thrilled to have lost -3.5lb!! Woohoo! That is 10lb in 3 weeks. And as my husband agreed when I got to 6 stone loss that he was going to put £5 in my moneybox for each pound I lose instead of the £1 he had been putting in, that was a nice little chunk in the pot tonight!

Will be off plan Wednesday/Thursday/Friday now though as I'm taking 30 of our Y5/6 children away on residential. We were supposed to go a couple of weeks ago but 'The Beast from The East' stopped our adventure! Normally my suitcase would contain a selection of family sized sharing bags of chocolate but I'm not taking any extra snacks with me this year. I know I will be having syns for my main meals as I have a choice of only what they are serving! Hoping as it's for the kids they will try and serve them nutritious food but not sure if I'm being ambitious! I know when I went to look around before they had a salad bar so if all else fails there is hopefully that!

I will eat breakfast here before I leave and we have to take a packed lunch as we don't arrive in time to eat a cooked lunch there so I've got egg and potato salad, melon and a yoghurt. So dinner will be the only off plan meal tomorrow. Then Friday I will be home for dinner and I have a SW frozen ready meal so I can get back on it ASAP when I get back.

I need 1.5lb to get my 6.5 stone award and would love that next week but need to stay focused whilst away to achieve that.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Mar 18, 9:22 PM
    • 15,981 Posts
    • 193,214 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Weighed in a day early this week but super thrilled to have lost -3.5lb!! Woohoo! That is 10lb in 3 weeks. And as my husband agreed when I got to 6 stone loss that he was going to put £5 in my moneybox for each pound I lose instead of the £1 he had been putting in, that was a nice little chunk in the pot tonight!

Will be off plan Wednesday/Thursday/Friday now though as I'm taking 30 of our Y5/6 children away on residential. We were supposed to go a couple of weeks ago but 'The Beast from The East' stopped our adventure! Normally my suitcase would contain a selection of family sized sharing bags of chocolate but I'm not taking any extra snacks with me this year. I know I will be having syns for my main meals as I have a choice of only what they are serving! Hoping as it's for the kids they will try and serve them nutritious food but not sure if I'm being ambitious! I know when I went to look around before they had a salad bar so if all else fails there is hopefully that!

I will eat breakfast here before I leave and we have to take a packed lunch as we don't arrive in time to eat a cooked lunch there so I've got egg and potato salad, melon and a yoghurt. So dinner will be the only off plan meal tomorrow. Then Friday I will be home for dinner and I have a SW frozen ready meal so I can get back on it ASAP when I get back.

I need 1.5lb to get my 6.5 stone award and would love that next week but need to stay focused whilst away to achieve that.
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    God I hope you survive this trip......... I would need alcohol to get me through!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

54Posts Today

3,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin