Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shopaholicno1
    • By shopaholicno1 5th Mar 18, 11:08 AM
    • 129Posts
    • 474Thanks
    shopaholicno1
    Do lenders see more upto date info on credit file?
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:08 AM
    Do lenders see more upto date info on credit file? 5th Mar 18 at 11:08 AM
    As Noddle etc only updates once a month, Im just curious if lenders get to see more up to date information on the day they perform a credit check?

I've cleared some debt a few weeks ago that's not yet showing on my various reports yet, and wondering if lenders will see it's paid off. I'm guessing there is the potential my creditor reported back to the various credit agencies, but I can't see that yet as my reports not due again for another 2 weeks?
Page 1
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 5th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 1,156 Posts
    • 648 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    You won't know until they update.

Some reports update in realtime - for example use GiffGaff to view your CallCredit report (the same as Noddle) and if it's updated you won't see it
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 5th Mar 18, 11:24 AM
    • 4,127 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:24 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:24 AM
    No, lenders can only see what you see - with the exception of your fictitious score, which they can't see. You can log on and see your report at any time.
    I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
    • shopaholicno1
    • By shopaholicno1 5th Mar 18, 11:45 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    shopaholicno1
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:45 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:45 AM
    Thanks
    So callcredit, Experian etc only update the day my new report comes out?

My husband gets his 2 weeks after me, as we opened our Noddle at different tims of the month.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 5th Mar 18, 12:12 PM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 713 Thanks
    RG2015
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:12 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:12 PM
    Your credit reports with Experian, Equifax and Callcredit are updated every time lenders send them the information. This is usually once a month. If you check your credit report it will show the date it was updated.

Both lenders and consumers have access to the debit balances but if your current account is in credit it will show a nil balance. Credit cards will show the amount owed but this can be the statement balance on date before the data is sent to the CRAs..

If you use Noddle, Clearscore or MSE Credit Club you file will only be updated once a month. A lender is likely to have daily updates on credit files so they may be more up to date than you.

If you choose to pay for your credit file with Experian or Equifax these will be updated every day so you should see the same as lenders. However this does not change the frequency of the banks reporting to the CRAs.
    • bazzyb
    • By bazzyb 5th Mar 18, 12:15 PM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 3,274 Thanks
    bazzyb
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:15 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:15 PM
    As Noddle etc only updates once a month, Im just curious if lenders get to see more up to date information on the day they perform a credit check?
    Originally posted by shopaholicno1
    In theory, yes. But it all depends on what info has been fed into the CRA in the first place. If the debt that you have cleared has already been reported back to the CRA then yes lenders will see it as soon as they do a search, but if the information hasn't been des back to them in real time then it will be whenever they next receive a data feed from whatever company you have paid.
    • cjmillsnun
    • By cjmillsnun 5th Mar 18, 1:49 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 732 Thanks
    cjmillsnun
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:49 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:49 PM
    No, lenders can only see what you see - with the exception of your fictitious score, which they can't see. You can log on and see your report at any time.
    Originally posted by Ebe Scrooge
    Not strictly true. If you get a report once a month and a lender has updated the CRAs since then other lenders can see that as they will get a report with the position on the day they requested it.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,693Posts Today

5,948Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin