Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sianj11
    • By Sianj11 5th Mar 18, 10:03 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sianj11
    Cancelled Hen Party
    • 5th Mar 18, 10:03 AM
    Cancelled Hen Party 5th Mar 18 at 10:03 AM
    Hi,

I had a hen party organised in Edinburgh for this weekend just gone. Unfortunately the fights were cancelled due to the snow (we have had this refunded)

We had paid up front for the accommodation and I paid the deposit with my credit card. Will I be covered by the card card extra protection to be able to claim the accommodation costs back or is this lost?

The other question was we had booked a bus tour which I think would have had to cancel due to the weather in Edinburgh. Do the company have to refund us if they couldn’t have done the tour even if we weren’t able to get there?

Hoping to be able to reclaim some money in order to reorganise a hen party (albeit post wedding)

Any advice gratefully received
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Mar 18, 10:06 AM
    • 17,280 Posts
    • 18,390 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Mar 18, 10:06 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 10:06 AM
    No. The accommodation is still available for you to use.

Find out whether the bus tour has been cancelled. If it has, then you can get a refund.
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 5th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 827 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    One word... insurance.

That is what insurance is for.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 5th Mar 18, 12:25 PM
    • 5,110 Posts
    • 30,679 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:25 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:25 PM
    Hi,

I had a hen party organised in Edinburgh for this weekend just gone. Unfortunately the fights were cancelled due to the snow (we have had this refunded)

We had paid up front for the accommodation and I paid the deposit with my credit card. Will I be covered by the card card extra protection to be able to claim the accommodation costs back or is this lost?

The other question was we had booked a bus tour which I think would have had to cancel due to the weather in Edinburgh. Do the company have to refund us if they couldn’t have done the tour even if we weren’t able to get there?

Hoping to be able to reclaim some money in order to reorganise a hen party (albeit post wedding)

Any advice gratefully received
    Originally posted by Sianj11

That is why you pay for travel insurance for events like this!
    Commemorate Celebrate Inspire
    #RAF100 A century of service!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

625Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter