Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kmorr61
    • By kmorr61 5th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kmorr61
    0 WOW
    TUI Online booking problems
    • 5th Mar 18, 10:02 AM
    0 WOW
    TUI Online booking problems 5th Mar 18 at 10:02 AM
    Hi as anyone else had a problem booking online with TUI.
    On Friday went online and selected a holiday which i have done several times before.
    Payment was confirmed, went to press continue/nothing, then technical difficulties with the site.
    Next checked bank account 730 was pending payment to TUI, checked with them via there phone service no booking. Have spent all weekend trying to get my money back, no luck was told by TUIcares that will take 3 to 5 working days. When i asked what would happen to the holiday i thought i had booked and paid for, basically unlucky because prices can go up and down, ha not even a offer of the same holiday at the same price was told i could rebook and have to pay again while waiting for a refund, not good customer service.
Page 1
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 5th Mar 18, 2:04 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:04 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:04 PM
    Sadly, Thomsons (as was), now TUI, have a reputation for shambolic customer service.

Sometimes you get through to staff who can action or resolve a problem - basically it's a lottery.

The level of training they give staff is questionable.

Their default mode is usually a "not our fault" position.

Good luck.
    • kmorr61
    • By kmorr61 7th Mar 18, 3:14 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kmorr61
    • 7th Mar 18, 3:14 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 3:14 PM
    Hi tried to book again today online, must be stupid. Guess what happened again have rung several numbers to no avail, i am not sure customer service is a priority, all they kept saying was we can take your payment, oh sorry we cant cancel or refund the pending transaction.
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 8th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 8th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    Do live close enough to a TUI shop to go visit ?

If I've understood your issue correctly you've "paid" for a holiday booking more than once ?

We had a similar difficulty a few years ago and their system had a problem with the multiple transaction - although our bank account was not debited more than once.

If you can go visit a store then a face to face should resolve it.
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 8th Mar 18, 7:15 PM
    • 5,594 Posts
    • 4,916 Thanks
    mgdavid
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:15 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:15 PM
    It's chaos at TUI!
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 8th Mar 18, 10:20 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:20 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:20 PM
    Allegedly.
    • kmorr61
    • By kmorr61 9th Mar 18, 1:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kmorr61
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:16 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:16 PM
    Hi

Thought i would try again, seems to be company policy, just a polite reply would do, even acknowledgement that there is a problem, please rely today.

Hi

As no reply received thought i would try again.

Subject : Online booking Problems

Hi

I have tried to twice now to book online, on each occasion the funds have been placed pending, twice no booking.
    I have the authorization codes from my bank to say that the payments were ok, seems the problem is TUI online booking system.
    My main cause of frustration is there is no-one to talk to, the only advice is "i can rebook that for you", problem being i still have the 730 frozen, so i am little wary of spending more money, untill said funds are returned to my balance.
    First failure Friday 2nd March 20.22 authorization code 982935 for a booking to the Protur Cala Millor flying from Exeter on the 17th April for 7 nights, which happens to be our wedding anniversary. This holiday has now gone up by 500.
    Second failure yesterday 7th March 13.52 authorization code 551075 for Sat 14th Protur Bonamar Hotel flying from Exeter on Sat 14th April for 7 nights 722.45.
    The worst thing is was being give several numbers which all ended up at sales, all trying to get me to re-book no one offering to quickly cancel the pending payment so i could do that, now got to wait till March 10th for the pending payment to be declined by TUI.
    I did try to resolve this via twitter and facebook, but i think it seems to only twitter bots.
    My overall experience has been stressful and disapointing, in the past 15 months we have had 5 great holidays with TUI/Skytours, you check my booking history.

I would appreciate a reply by 17.00 today please.

Many Thanks

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 10-03-2018 at 9:01 AM. Reason: Personal details
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 9th Mar 18, 1:33 PM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:33 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:33 PM
    Surely it's time to take your business elsewhere? Why bend over backwards to give your money to a company that apparently isn't particularly interested in getting it?
    • 1trainer1
    • By 1trainer1 9th Mar 18, 5:12 PM
    • 898 Posts
    • 1,752 Thanks
    1trainer1
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:12 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:12 PM
    Surely it's time to take your business elsewhere? Why bend over backwards to give your money to a company that apparently isn't particularly interested in getting it?
    Originally posted by jpsartre
    nah because its cheap i will keep on trying
    Blessed on 18th February at 0814 with little Sarah xxx
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 9th Mar 18, 5:58 PM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Maybe it's cheap for a reason?
    • Westin
    • By Westin 9th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    • 1,333 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    Westin
    I very much doubt that the CEO of the TUI Group, based in his office in Hanover, is going to deal with your issue. He will have better things to do.

I suspect that the issue with your attempts to book are at your end. You have it seems tried twice with different hotels on different departure dates. Unless an issue with Exeter departures that is to much of a coincidence.

Holds on payment transactions will drop off after a few days. Your bank can probably tell you roughly how long that will take.

If you wish to book I think you should give up doing this yourself and either take up the offer to book via their call centre, or call in to one of their high street stores.
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 10th Mar 18, 4:56 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    [QUOTE] [/I very much doubt that the CEO of the TUI Group, based in his office in Hanover, is going to deal with your issue. He will have better things to doQUOTE]

Nothing wrong with this in principle, although it should be dealt with at UK level.

I emailed a complaint to the head person here a couple of years - it was delegated to a senior member of staff to resolve.
    • Maricela
    • By Maricela 16th May 18, 11:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maricela
    I booked a holiday via the firstchoice website which is operated by TUI and guess what? After entering my card payment details I received a message saying we could not process your payment due to some technical error! But the worst part is that TUI took the money out from my account straightaway! Consequently, I'm unable to book another holiday until I receive my money back! I'm so disgusted as I couldn't get through their customer service! After a horrible couple of months my family has been through I wanted to take my son out on a well deserved holiday and this what I get.
    I should have read all the bad reviews and reputation this company has received and should have done some in-depth research before I booked with them. Apparently a lot of people have been gone through the same where there were technical issues with the website and TUI did not refund their money. If I will not get refunded tomorrow I will take further steps and will contact the papers. I have already spoken to my best friend's husband who is a lawyer and he is happy to assist. This is absolutely unacceptable.
    • Maricela
    • By Maricela 16th May 18, 11:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maricela
    As per my previous comment, the same happened to me. Has nothing to do with technical error from your end as the internet is full of the same issue reported by customers about TUI's website.
    Thank God I was quick enough to take some screenshot of the 'technical issue' error. Apparently, TUI does this all the time and when you finally get through to customer services they will ask you to pay extra money if you want to book the holiday, excuse is that the ticket price has gone up...yeah right, just rip-off.
    • Hansolo
    • By Hansolo 18th May 18, 7:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hansolo
    My daughter booked holiday with TUI in March. She noticed her booking cancelled when she saw refund in her account. No email notification. I spoke with manager in TUI and he managed to reinstate her holiday. Today she got an email of online cancellation which she hadn!!!8217;t done and she has lost all her money. Wonder anyone had similar problem with Thomson.
    • ttoli
    • By ttoli 20th May 18, 3:03 PM
    • 674 Posts
    • 432 Thanks
    ttoli
    One issue that the TUI website does suffer from is not liking autofill, I work for a Tour Operator in Cyprus and we've noticed that when we use auto fill (email address, card details etc ), we have problems with the reservation , so now enter all info manually without problems to date.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,695Posts Today

7,495Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin