Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neobrainless
    • By neobrainless 5th Mar 18, 9:59 AM
    • 24Posts
    • 1Thanks
    neobrainless
    Mis-sold phone online
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:59 AM
    Mis-sold phone online 5th Mar 18 at 9:59 AM
    Hi,
    I bought a phone through gadgetgadgetgadget (yeah, I know they're not great, but complaints I saw were about vanished items and I figured PayPal/credit card covered that risk). I bought it as a UK model, and it arrived and nothing suggested otherwise, until I needed to make a warranty claim at which point I was told by the manufacturer that it was in fact a Singapore model, and as such couldn't be dealt with by a UK service center. Fair enough on their part, but leaves me wanting a refund - as I paid for a UK model, and would've paid the higher price of the phone elsewhere if it had been clear that it wasn't.

However, due to the warranty issue not occurring until around a month after purchase the seller reckons they only have to sort the warranty issue, not refund, and that I'll be liable for the postage...

I have a disappointing feeling the seller is right, but figure it's worth asking as it was a mis-selling issue?

Cheers, Rohan
Page 1
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 5th Mar 18, 10:39 AM
    • 648 Posts
    • 521 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    • 5th Mar 18, 10:39 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 10:39 AM
    I have a disappointing feeling the seller is right, but figure it's worth asking as it was a mis-selling issue?
    Originally posted by neobrainless
    Does the item description state UK model? Then you didn't receive what you paid for.

However, a quick check of the website clearly shows that the contract is formed in and under Hong Kong law...

I've no idea what rights you have when buying online in Hong Kong...

Their website also states that items do not come with manufacturing warranty: https://gadgetgadgetgadget.com/pages/warranty-information

It states "GadgetGadgetGadget will repair the product at no charge or provide a replacement at no charge." and it also states "You will be responsible for the return shipment of the product if the issue is not covered by this warranty".

To me, that sounds like they should pay for the postage, unless the item is not covered under the warranty conditions.
    • neobrainless
    • By neobrainless 5th Mar 18, 11:00 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    neobrainless
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:00 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:00 AM
    Ah, that's a good spot, thanks! Although I'd prefer a return and refund, I'd rather get it fixed... Then again, it's going to take forever to be posted back to them if it has to return to Hong Kong!
    *sigh* looks like I might have learned an annoying lesson... !!!55357;!!!56900;
    Thanks again!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,629Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin