Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ukgreeny
    • By ukgreeny 5th Mar 18, 9:58 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ukgreeny
    Company Car - ZZPS letter
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:58 AM
    Company Car - ZZPS letter 5th Mar 18 at 9:58 AM
    Hi,

Firstly, I have read and re-read the newbies thread and can't find an answer. Sorry if I've missed something.

I have a company car, and in late November received a windscreen PCN from NCP. I appealed via their online process using the company car template around 3 weeks after receiving the fine. I never heard anything since, nor did I check on their portal.

Fast forward to February and I received a letter from ZZPS (via, and address to, my company secretary)

Logging into NCP to pay/appeal the claim, and I get the message 'your PCN could not be found'.

Unsure how to progress this. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Unfortunately as a newbie I cannot include a link... but the letter is address 'the company secretary' and dated 16th February 2018 (issue date 12th November 2017).
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 36,628 Posts
    • 82,976 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    The NEWBIES tells you why it is safe to ignore debt crawlers.

The most important thing is to ensure your company does not pay these scammers, and then try to charge you. You should therefore tell the powers that be not to do this as neither they or you have any liability to pay this scam.

You should complain to your MP about this scam, and also show the following to your company.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 5th Mar 18, 12:29 PM
    • 8,493 Posts
    • 8,805 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:29 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:29 PM
    Post Four of the Newbies Sticky covers this completely, please read it again.
    • ukgreeny
    • By ukgreeny 27th Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ukgreeny
    • 27th Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    • 27th Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    Following on from the above, I advised my employer NOT to pay the fine and that I was dealing with it.

I got an email today advising that they received a CCJ and have kindly paid 180 on my behalf.

Pretty fuming, but is there anything at all that I can do now it's been paid? This will be deducted from my salary.

Thanks,
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 27th Mar 18, 1:51 PM
    • 36,628 Posts
    • 82,976 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 27th Mar 18, 1:51 PM
    • 27th Mar 18, 1:51 PM
    It is not a fine!

How did they get a CCJ? Did they lose in court and fail to pay the costs instead of telling the parking scammers that you were the lessee? Once they did the latter they had no liability, and therefore no right to charge you any money because they were stupid enough to pay a scammer.

You need to fight this and kick up a big stink. Get your Union rep involved if you have one. Threaten your employer with legal action if they steal money from you as that would be a criminal not civil offence.

You should also complain to the DVLA and BPA that monies have been demanded in breach of the BPA CoP and paid whilst the appeals process was still in progress.

What did your MP say?

What did your employer say when you showed them the information from the parliamentary debate?
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 27-03-2018 at 1:57 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 27th Mar 18, 2:42 PM
    • 2,310 Posts
    • 4,117 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 27th Mar 18, 2:42 PM
    • 27th Mar 18, 2:42 PM
    I advised my employer NOT to pay the fine and that I was dealing with it.
    It appears you didn't.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,066 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 27th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    • 27th Mar 18, 10:01 PM
    Following on from the above, I advised my employer NOT to pay the fine and that I was dealing with it.

I got an email today advising that they received a CCJ and have kindly paid 180 on my behalf.

Pretty fuming, but is there anything at all that I can do now it's been paid? This will be deducted from my salary.
    Originally posted by ukgreeny
    They did not get a 'CCJ'.

What did they actually get, a letter from ZZPS despite the fact the lessee/hirer of the car was known, and YOU had appealed?

I have a company car, and in late November received a windscreen PCN from NCP. I appealed via their online process using the company car template around 3 weeks after receiving the fine. I never heard anything since, nor did I check on their portal.
    Your case is like this one:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5782017&page=3

Do the same.

Massive COMPLAINT to your MP and to the BPA that, despite knowing who the actual keeper was from an appeal (you were accepting liability and appealing as lessee, as the POFA allows) ZZPS have yet again reverted to the registered keeper/owner, to extract money from the wrong party.

Not allowed.

It's all been said on the other thread. Do what she did.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,526Posts Today

8,137Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin