Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 5th Mar 18, 6:26 AM
    • 2,160Posts
    • 14,618Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    What small MSE things will you do w/c 5th March
    • 5th Mar 18, 6:26 AM
    What small MSE things will you do w/c 5th March 5th Mar 18 at 6:26 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
Page 6
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 11th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    • 803 Posts
    • 7,468 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    oh CLF, what a pain! Not what you need when already not feeling great. On Thur/Fri nothing was actually wrong with me, I just didn't have any "get up and go" Felt really flat and low. I find days like this really tough to pull myself out of.

Dawn, I hope you and dh are enjoying having your house back to yourselves!

Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 11th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    • 1,535 Posts
    • 11,735 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    oh CLF, what a pain! Not what you need when already not feeling great. On Thur/Fri nothing was actually wrong with me, I just didn't have any "get up and go" Felt really flat and low. I find days like this really tough to pull myself out of.

Dawn, I hope you and dh are enjoying having your house back to yourselves!

Originally posted by 1LuckyLady

I hope you're feeling brighter today
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31

SAVINGS: £9433.44
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 11th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    • 2,160 Posts
    • 14,618 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    I feel your pain CLF I'd have steam coming out of my ears.

Lovely day here, no pennies spent as when we went to get milk the machine wasn't working so it'll be pay next time

I had a lovely relax in the sauna after a workout at the gym. DH did a good deed and pulled a van out of the mud at the job he went too, her took the smalls with him and they were gifted an Easter egg each from the event

I had a shower and washed my hair at the gym and refilled my water bottle.

Chicken is on, cauli cheese and stuffing made. May need to whip up a pudding of some sort shortly to please the masses
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 11th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    • 4,031 Posts
    • 20,738 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi Frugal Friends,
    An unexpected no-spend day today. We cancelled our low-spend outing due to sick cat. Week may be spendy if we need to visit the vet, which we may well do, as he had a worrying 'turn' this morning.
    My Mum always announces in doom-laden voice, that 'things come in threes'.....which I purposely didn't say as mr f would have told me it's superstitious b*****ks, but then the gas fire in the lounge went kaput, & I discovered the loo is leaking. Both could be spendy. Bah to stuff going wrong!
    Took myself off outside for free fitness & cleared a large overgrown border, followed by a DIY pamper with heaps of products from my stash (mostly gifted).
    Synchronised diaries with mr f so we can plan properly for the week ahead. Being organised does help with money saving overall.
    Trying to relax now.
    Love to all,
    F xx
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £716-58
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £304 2018 = £244
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 12th Mar 18, 12:51 AM
    • 5,119 Posts
    • 20,651 Thanks
    FatVonD
    Evening all, I am very late to this particular party but have just read the thread from beginning to end to find out what you're all up to

I'm not sure if I posted it on here but I walked out of my job two weeks ago now so my only income at the moment is from my cards, I do have enough in a separate account to cover the mortgage for the next three months (I like to keep it separate so I know the mortgage is paid even if everything else isn't!)

I have another five designs that will be ready to pick up tomorrow and I have my fingers crossed that they will do well, I think they will, I'm really excited to see them! I have also bought some fabric which I am going to use to make some bunting and door stops for the forthcoming craft fair I am doing.

I've fiddled around with my phone so I get immediate email notifications as I belong to a closed Yahoo group where people post who is in need of a freelancer, I don't want to get back into commuting all the time but I will try to pick up a week here and there if I have to.

I'm trying to cook from the freezer where I can, tonight we had a roast dinner with some YS peppered beef slices, sadly it was the last pack! Tomorrow will be spag Bol made from mince I saved from when I made a cottage pie, I'll just add a jar of sauce and some peppers I chopped and froze last summer.

Tonight was spent sorting and recycling tons of paperwork, I've also got all the quotes in now to print out to apply for the start up grant from the local council (with just two weeks to spare!)

I love the sound of your hippy sweater, Foxgloves, I knitted myself a white mohair long jumper in the 80s with pink and blue snowflakes on it and my mum knitted me matching leg warmers! Boy, was that an itch fest!

Hope everyone is getting over the lurgy now and glad to hear your brother has gone, Dawn, the lurgy got me too and has left me with an ear infection which strangely seems a bit better now the doctors are nearly open again, typical!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,645Posts Today

8,300Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin