Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 5th Mar 18, 6:26 AM
    • 2,190Posts
    • 14,834Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    What small MSE things will you do w/c 5th March
    • 5th Mar 18, 6:26 AM
    What small MSE things will you do w/c 5th March 5th Mar 18 at 6:26 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
Page 1
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 5th Mar 18, 6:37 AM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 14,834 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    • 5th Mar 18, 6:37 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 6:37 AM
    Morning all : hello:

I up as DH had to got to work earlier so I was up with him. I'm just enjoying a coffee in the quiet before the smalls get up. I forgot to add one important thing on my cook list yesterday - I made my sourdough starter here's hoping Not a huge list today but will keep me focused none the less:

Check banking and update my sheet - done
    Washing on radiators/airer
    Meals from stash I made yesterday
    Make sure I have something for the smalls tomorrow as they will need feeding by parents who are picking them up
    Write some important dates on the calendar
    Had some coffee that's ok and needs using up, but not our favourite
    Pay childcare bill and ask about an extra day next week
    Do app
    Wfh so no commute
    Was going to have a rest day from the gym but it would make more sense tomorrow when I will struggle to go, so will go if I have time.

Hope everyone is well.
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 5th Mar 18, 7:38 AM
    • 6,858 Posts
    • 40,205 Thanks
    determined new ms
    • 5th Mar 18, 7:38 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 7:38 AM
    Morning purps thanks for starting the thread

xironsongx I hope you and your oh are feeling better

Today:

* going to get my haircut after dropping madam off 1st time in 4 months Yay my hair is no longre triangular! curly haired ladies will know what I mean!
    * all meals from stores
    * whizz up, portion up & freeze BNS soup I made last night soup was bland as anything!
    Spiced it up with ginger, cumin & cinnamon and added a dash of vinegar and now it's lovely!

* dinner is chicken, rice & broccoli lo casserole I put together last night
    * take out freezer casserole from tray and wrap it with more cling film and tin foil to save space
    * onepoll
    * go to cs' after getting my hair done to see if I can see a handbag - just seems so expensive to get one on fleabay when you factor in post glad I did as picked one up for 3 also got some hareem pants for the warmer weather
    * stop and pick up blind for lounge and a muffin tray
    * photo and list 3 things
    * am pretty much on top of hw so will do an extra chore today as well as a quick tidy round
    * freeze wraps in individual portions
    * knit & listen to audio actually watched something on catch up
    * plant some lettuce seeds
    * free veg box delivered ( first box free trial. "27" of free f&v Feeling slightly morally dubious as have cancelled now
    * did 2 ppi enquiries for oh
    * received email to say mobile phone has been received 36 heading my way

Ok that will do better get moving!
    Last edited by determined new ms; 05-03-2018 at 4:04 PM.
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2017 3016.55/Roadkill 8.73
    Wombling 2018 145.73/RK 0.04
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 5th Mar 18, 8:08 AM
    • 1,575 Posts
    • 12,049 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:08 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 8:08 AM
    Morning folks

Thanks to PurpleFairy for starting us off

Can't seem to shake this tiredness at the moment. Plus my ear doesn't seem quite the ticket at the moment. I think I'll see if I can go back to the doctor today. - got an appointment for 3.30. Been referred to ENT

Other than that, just boring things.
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • Heating off all day
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • No alcohol
    • Early night
    Have a good one all

clf x
    Last edited by carrielovesfanta; 05-03-2018 at 4:31 PM.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: 10,490.31

SAVINGS: 9433.44
    • allydowd
    • By allydowd 5th Mar 18, 9:24 AM
    • 4,153 Posts
    • 26,640 Thanks
    allydowd
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:24 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:24 AM
    Hi March Money Magicians,

Another treasured day off. Thanks for the starter PF.

Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Good, homemade, sustaining breakfast.

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Made a homemade chip pan oil filter to get some more uses out of the oil. The very last croquette I fried last night disintegrated as I removed it from the fryer.

* DW and I are going shopping locally, on foot. I'm feeling like Hell so I'm going to struggle.

* Go to library. Exchange books.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Last edited by allydowd; 05-03-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015
    The Joy Account: 50

Bold Bicycle Bonanza: 103.49 km
    "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 5th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 4,105 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    • 5th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    Thank you for starting us PF

Still working from my phone,fingers crossed my tablet arrives back today.

Really pleased started to load the car up yesterday to do a much needed tip run.
    Will do tip run today and then need to go shopping for cat food

Have definitely decided to start planning and saving for project living room. The saving will give me time to sort out and pack up living room. Hoping to have it done by the end of June.
    A lot needs doing and decorating really really stresses me out so will definitely have to get in the right mindset for this.
    Going to get a tidy up of upstairs done today.
    Trying to pace myself as left leg really swollen it shouldn't be but goes thru phases of doing its own thing which really frustrates me as it slows the rest of me down. Can u tell I'm a fidget pants!!!!!
    Will get my head into some paperwork....falling behind on this. I will get this up to date!!
    Spends book up to date and Feb spends all balanced,it's good when I can see it down on paper that I'm not going crazy with spending like I used to do without a care in the world. It keeps me in check!

Have a great day everyone x
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=359.51
    • ziggy2407
    • By ziggy2407 5th Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    • 3,111 Posts
    • 23,767 Thanks
    ziggy2407
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    Good Morning All

PF - Thanks for starting us off today

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Back to normality now as snow slowly melting and school is re-opened. Today we have/will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Bake Banana Cake - Done
    Load of towels to be Washed - Done
    Pay mum's rent - Done
    Post a couple of parcels - Done
    Purge a few emails - Done
    Enter a few comps - Done
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Check: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL - Done

Have a great day all.

C x
    Last edited by ziggy2407; 05-03-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    Make 5 per day in Jan 18: 491.91/155 Make 5 per day in Feb 18: 51.40/140 Make 5 per day in Mar 18: 150.36/155 Make 5 per day in Apr 18: 93.25/3150 Make 5 per day in May 18: 8/155 Make 5 per day in June 18: 13.04/150
    • One-step-at-a-time
    • By One-step-at-a-time 5th Mar 18, 11:50 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    One-step-at-a-time
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:50 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:50 AM
    Morning everyone!

Minumums for this week:
    - Move payment dates on 2 CCs to start of month - DONE
    - Ten new Ebay listings - 7 down, 3 to go
    - Mini-overpayments to CCs - DONE (I like rounding numbers down)
    - 4 NSDs this week (Wednesday - Saturday)
    - Update totals spreadsheet when next CC statement comes in
    - Chase a bit more freelance work
    - Get website closer to GDPR requirements
    - Grocery shopping for missing ingredients for meal plan
    - Keep entering competitions
    - Declutter email
    - Join Prolific Academic and do some surveys - DONE

Have a great week
    Last edited by One-step-at-a-time; 05-03-2018 at 3:48 PM. Reason: added an item
    LBM: Jan 2017. Total owed: 45493.21 (37800.21 on CCs) Now: 33010.10 (28369.26 on CCs) Paid: 27.4% EF: 705/1000
    Credit in use: 65.67% DFD: August 2021
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 5th Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 21,206 Thanks
    foxgloves
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 11:51 AM
    Morning Monday MSE-ers,
    Felt really tired yesterday after the 1st 'normal' day I'd had since dropping over a fortnight ago to the lergy. But more energy today & have been up & at it! Also, drew curtains first thing to find that all our snow has gone. Yay! Some mini-daffs struggling into flower too, so feel quite Spring-like.
    Achievements so far:
    *Turned all the bedroom heaters down a notch now that the cold snap is over.
    *Did a quick 30 min at 30 degrees wash.
    *Loaded the washer for a cheap load overnight on half-price tariff.
    *Entered a prize draw.
    *Fed sourdough jar ready to mix up a loaf tomorrow.
    *Added more free resources to my stash in the shed - a plastic meat tray for seed-sowing, 4 more cups from free Waitrose coffees ready for my climbing beans & a big jar for pickling season.
    *Sowed tomato seeds.
    *Fed wigglers as want to harvest a tray of worm compost soon. Also topped up main compost bins.
    *Watered sweet pea seeds plus greenhouse salads.
    *Unpacked box of random gifts from visiting Mum yesterday: jam jar, bag of stuff for listing on ebay, 2 part-packs of inter-dental brushes (I've never known anyone like her for starting new products before finishing the old ones!), 8 magazines including a current Radio Times, a CD, 2 gift bags, a packet of seeds, 2 stamps & a lovely hardwood kitchen stool).
    *Paid 9 x 50ps into my sealed pot.
    *Rounded up small change for shrapnel bowl.
    *Did a couple of Prolific Academic surveys.
    *Ordered the rest of my outstanding veggie seeds & qualified for a free packet.
    *Remembered to get tonight's meal out of the freezer. All those frozen extra portions do come in useful for 'free' meals later, don't they?
    STILL TO DO:
    *Update DFW diary
    *Assess craft resources to see if I could make a few Easter cards.
    *Knit - am currently making mr f a new pair of funky socks using up leftover yarn from my stash.
    OK, must crack on.
    Hope poorly people & feeling a bit better today. Let's see what sort of a week we can manage.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = 800-01
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = 320 2016 = 210 2017 = 304 2018 = 259
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 5th Mar 18, 12:14 PM
    • 834 Posts
    • 7,708 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Afternoon all,

Thanks PF for the starter.

Hk, please take it easy today, try not to over do it.
    Ally, Get well soon

to those who want or need one today!

Todays list from me
    Ds1 had some of the Weetabix my dad passed over to us the other week to use up. Only a couple of days worth left now I think
    Ds2 to free school breakfast club Glad that was free as I did have to pay 4 for one trip and 130 for another today
    Gym session done and refilled water bottle. Also had a chat with one of my favourite members of staff up there which gave me a bit of a boost too
    Needed to check tyre pressure as warning light came on, filled with water at the same time to make full use of the 1 I had to pay for the air/water machine!
    Dad brought me some shopping from Lidl as he was going for himself. Saves me a trip to the shops today. So I repaid with with breakfast too.
    Wash a load on the quick 30 degree wash
    Put ^^ on the radiators for the next time they're on, earliest they'll be going on today is when the kids get home but it is feeling much milder here today although still very wet.
    Check banking/update spreadsheets - request card reader for new accounts set up to get the switch bonus.
    Make families lunches for tomorrow
    All meals from stores, kids afterschool snack can be the last of the BNS soup eaten , then we'll all have yesterdays gammon/veg & spuds. Dessert with be the last of some ys cake that needs using up and finish off the last of the pack of soft dates.
    Meal plan for tomorrow based on what is left in the fridges after tonight, it might be gammon beans and spuds tomorrow.... after tonights meal only 1 large spud left, so will leave that for Dh tomorrow, and I'll plan do the gammon for me and the kids with pasta and instead of making a sauce to go with it I'll use a can of chicken soup that's been in the back of the cupboard a while - also done a rough draft of a meal plan through to Friday with what I could do if I avoid the shops..hmmm I'll try to avoid the shops and book a delivery for the weekend. I won't tell DH that's my plan as then you can guarantee he won't "fancy" anything I'm planning on making!!
    General tidy round - hoover only where needs doing.
    Share bath water later, continue using up lotions and potions - lots of them now have had their tops cut off so the ends are in sight! Will also leave hair to dry naturally
    Will light candles again for a little added warm as we've got a couple of other Christmas ones that were started.
    Wash out the yankee candle jar that we finished yesterday as I will make use for it somewhere! I've got a couple in the bathroom with ear buds/cotton buds in. clean inside, will have a go at getting the sticky stuff off the outside of it tomorrow.

Right that's my starter. Hopefully adding more as the day goes on.
    Mums sent over a bag of nuts she'd found in the back of her cupboard from Christmas, it was a big bag so I've portioned up into little boxes for dh to take in his lunch box, if i gave him the lot in one go he'd eat them all so have to ration them out! ::

Have a good one all.
    Last edited by 1LuckyLady; 05-03-2018 at 5:01 PM.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • allydowd
    • By allydowd 5th Mar 18, 12:40 PM
    • 4,153 Posts
    • 26,640 Thanks
    allydowd

* DW and I are going shopping locally, on foot. I'm feeling like Hell so I'm going to struggle.

Originally posted by allydowd

Shuffled around shops like a character from a Zombie movie. Cupboard's all stocked up now.

* Nice new pile of library books. DW chose recipe books....on Salads.

* Lunch was quiche frittata.

* Was going out for a curry tonight; not up to it. Bought one of those Indian Meals in a Bag in Morrison's instead. 20 saved.

* Rest of the day will be spent in my chair re-watching DVD boxsets.
    Last edited by allydowd; 05-03-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015
    The Joy Account: 50

Bold Bicycle Bonanza: 103.49 km
    "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    • Baileys Babe
    • By Baileys Babe 5th Mar 18, 5:33 PM
    • 2,253 Posts
    • 10,971 Thanks
    Baileys Babe
    PurpleFairy Thank you for starting this weeks thread.

I have been reading along over the last few weeks but I've not felt I've had anything to contribute.

Today I have/will:
    • Collected books requested for free from the library
    • Make HM made bread
    • Make a batch of porridge
    • Dry washing on airer
    • Meal plan for the week
    • Use free milk pods with my tea
    • Light solid fuel stove
    • Put kettles on top for free hot water
    • Turn off all lights & appliances, not in use
    • NSD
    • RM survey, I need to prepare for this week and post last weeks (on the correct day), as I wasn't able to post last week due to the weather
    • BLD from stores
    • Put hair up to delay washing it for a day
    • Write shopping list

I am also going to accept that things went to pot a few weeks ago regarding the contents of the fridge and then I buried my head in the sand. Today I am going to draw a line under this episode, deal with the science projects in the fridge. After this, I will get back on track with the usual of checking the contents regularly and planning how and when to use them.
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 5th Mar 18, 6:39 PM
    • 6,858 Posts
    • 40,205 Thanks
    determined new ms
    PurpleFairy Thank you for starting this weeks thread.

I have been reading along over the last few weeks but I've not felt I've had anything to contribute.

I am also going to accept that things went to pot a few weeks ago regarding the contents of the fridge and then I buried my head in the sand. Today I am going to draw a line under this episode, deal with the science projects in the fridge. After this, I will get back on track with the usual of checking the contents regularly and planning how and when to use them.
    Originally posted by Baileys Babe
    sounds like you're being hard on yourself BB - I love your posts and always think Jeez you do so much!

Yeah it happens doesn't it? I cannot claim the same level of keeping on top of fridge items that some of us do on this thread! I've gone back to fortnightly shopping and it's always a struggle when there's a lot of food in! I'll pledge to look through each day to try to avoid any wastage...

used up lo cabbage with batch cooked lo chicken, rice & veg casserole
    DF as at 30/12/16
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 5th Mar 18, 7:55 PM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 39,896 Thanks
    DawnW
    Evening all
    Thanks for the start PF
    HK and CLF - hope you are ok

I have had a VERY spendy day
    Had to pay 4 weeks rent upfront on the flat my brother has been allocated, plus obtain some basic furniture / household stuff. Most of it came from either freecycle or my stash, but still had to buy bed sheets, a cooker, fridge and table. OH and I have to get the freecycle stuff later this week, so hoping it isn't too heavy. Brother is starting a temp job so won't be around. I ASSUME he is grateful for this, and our keeping him for the last 3 months Thank goodness we have savings!
    At least he is leaving, it has really taken it out of OH and I one way and another. Looking forward to getting back to whatever normal is!

Not much done except for trailing round charity shops, HA offices etc. OH and I even had lunch out as we were stuck in neighbouring town at lunchtime and hadn't taken anything with us Only a baguette and coffee, but still!

* HG cooked fruit from freezer for breakfast instead of bought fruit
    *Washed breakfast stuff up by hand instead of runnng DW more than once
    * Cooked fish from the freezer for dinner
    * Spendy again, but if there are any Home & Barker fans out there, they have discontinued one of their duvet set designs and are selling off for 9.99 double and 14.99 king. I couldn't let a bargain like that slip by, especially as I have given the old bedding from my stash to my bro!

Right, I am going to wash up the stragglers that haven't made it into the DW (OH did it, and always manages to leave things out), watch Collateral on TV, and then go to bed. Another day tomorrow!
    NSDs for June 9 / 10
    Groceries / cleaning / toiletries / pet food etc 162.73 / 250
    Fuel 99.95 / 100

• Baileys Babe
    • By Baileys Babe 5th Mar 18, 9:02 PM
    • 2,253 Posts
    • 10,971 Thanks
    Baileys Babe
    sounds like you're being hard on yourself BB - I love your posts and always think Jeez you do so much!

Yeah it happens doesn't it? I cannot claim the same level of keeping on top of fridge items that some of us do on this thread! I've gone back to fortnightly shopping and it's always a struggle when there's a lot of food in! I'll pledge to look through each day to try to avoid any wastage...

used up lo cabbage with batch cooked lo chicken, rice & veg casserole
    Originally posted by determined new ms
    Thanks DNMS It's interesting how different we perceive ourselves and others see us.

Whilst dealing with the fridge I unearthed a tub of leftover crumble topping made by OH from the last time we had crumble, teamed that up with cooking apples gifted from a friend, free crumble for pudding
    • ziggy2407
    • By ziggy2407 5th Mar 18, 10:13 PM
    • 3,111 Posts
    • 23,767 Thanks
    ziggy2407
    [QUOTE=1LuckyLady;73977252][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Wash out the yankee candle jar that we finished yesterday as I will make use for it somewhere! I've got a couple in the bathroom with ear buds/cotton buds in. clean inside, will have a go at getting the sticky stuff off the outside of it tomorrow.

A squirt of WD40 should remove any sticky stuff

Make 5 per day in Jan 18: 491.91/155 Make 5 per day in Feb 18: 51.40/140 Make 5 per day in Mar 18: 150.36/155 Make 5 per day in Apr 18: 93.25/3150 Make 5 per day in May 18: 8/155 Make 5 per day in June 18: 13.04/150
    • ziggy2407
    • By ziggy2407 5th Mar 18, 10:17 PM
    • 3,111 Posts
    • 23,767 Thanks
    ziggy2407
    Good Morning All

PF - Thanks for starting us off today

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Back to normality now as snow slowly melting and school is re-opened. Today we have/will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Bake Banana Cake - Done
    Load of towels to be Washed - Done
    Pay mum's rent - Done
    Post a couple of parcels - Done
    Purge a few emails - Done
    Enter a few comps - Done
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Check: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL - Done

Have a great day all.

C x
    Originally posted by ziggy2407
    Not a bad day, even remembered to read meters and upload to supplier.

Love and hugs to you all, night all x
    • spudsmum
    • By spudsmum 5th Mar 18, 11:27 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 1,427 Thanks
    spudsmum
    Hi all,

Well the lurgy has finally found me and descended with full force - i feel rubbish and DH is in the doghouse for passing it on to me.

Had a bit of a lazy day at work as had lots of phone calls to make today but no voice to make them with. Oh well more to add to the list for tomorrow.

Have tried to keep busy to take my mind off the ickyness so managed a fairly frugal friendly day

NSD today - largely due to being icky and not going out
    sold a bag of baby clothes online - 12 to debt jar and more space reclaimed
    B, L, D from stores
    heating on for one hour to take chill off
    walked kids to nursery instead of driving
    rang student loans company and reclaimed money I mistakenly paid while on maternity
    used up some ancient pizza bases from cupboard, half a tin of tomato puree leftover from our italian chicken and some cooked meat to make homemade pizzas for the smalls
    made the most of oven being on and made potato dauphinoise for tomorrows tea
    also made banana and choc chip muffins to use up manky bananas and some dregs of flour and sugar i'd found in cupboard
    made first batch of laundry gloop - impressed so far it removed paint i got on my top yesterday - be interested to see how it copes with baby clothes

Off to bed now - hoping to feel a bit better tomorrow. Also hoping DH goes back to work tomorrow as he took the day off sick today despite being on the mend and he's getting under my feet already (not to mention it will make our budget very tight next week as he doesnt get sick pay
    Total debts 21050! now 19834.47. 1% challenge 1015.00/15000 (6.76%) Total extra income made in 2018 2215.08 frugal budget 2018 4119/4800 Aiming for debt free at 40 - only 26 months to go!
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 6th Mar 18, 7:42 AM
    • 6,858 Posts
    • 40,205 Thanks
    determined new ms
    Morning

Hope you feel better soon spudsmum! x

day 6 of 8 off Meeting up with dd today and going for a free swim and sauna

Also:

* checked banking and did a transfer
    * spent A LOT of time going through thrify lesley blog mining recipes
    * all meals from stores
    * oh having lo chicken & broccoli casserole. I'll have spicy BNS soup
    * whilst I'm going into town will pick up replacement blind, muffin tray & tights for madam - hopefully winter tights will be in sale and I'll grab a pack to put in the loft for next winter
    * continue to stay on top of house. Might even clean windows in lounge
    * hang up washing & do another load
    * plant some lettuce seeds
    * brown bananas out of freezer to bake a cake while the oven is on later
    * onepoll
    * list 3 things

Ok that'll do! Happy days guys x
    Last edited by determined new ms; 06-03-2018 at 7:45 AM.
    DF as at 30/12/16
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 6th Mar 18, 7:47 AM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 39,896 Thanks
    DawnW
    Morning all
    Had very little sleep again, and was awake by 5, so up early.
    Washing machine is on and breakfast eaten, but not nearly enough coffee has been consumed yet

Today's plans include:
    Hoping the weather is ok so that washing can go out Yes, it was nice and it got nearly dry on the line
    Check banks and update spreadsheet - also add all yesterday's spends Done
    Ring the CS I bought large items for my brother yesterday, to find out roughly what time they will deliver Done, all delivered - annoyingly though I discovered that another CS had the same items much cheaper
    Go to his flat at the appropriate time to let them in (he has a few days work so is out during the day) Done, lovely view from the kitchen window of lambs and the canal Hope he realises how lucky he is!!
    Take an old pair of curtains from here to see if they will fit the bedroom window. If so put them up - I bought that stretchy wire stuff yesterday, as I can't afford poles etc. If he wants those he will have to get them himself later when he has some money. He probably won't though. Done, they fit perfectly
    Take stuff out of camper van to get it ready for its service / inspection next week. I will go through the cooking etc items from there as there is too much, to see if there is anything that my brother needs. At least this business is helping with the decluttering! Done, got rid of about half of the contents!
    Pick up special offer meat order from butcher Done
    Look in charity shops while in town to see if they have any suitable curtains and one or two other items I am still to source Nothing suitable today
    Chase up seller of the oven I have also bought for the flat, to see when she wants it picked up Tomorrow - allegedly! We will see!
    RM surveys tasks Done
    Hoover lounge if I get a minute Not done
    All HM meals Done, made stew in the SC for dinner
    Maybe look for surveys later Probably not
    Went to sales unit while out, and discovered that some items have sold, leaving quite big gaps on my shelves. Must sort out some items to take down tomorrow when I go to pick up the oven
    Redid hanging baskets, made the most of the nice day I grow strawberries in my baskets,and used runners and plants I already had
    Offered remaining strawberry plants on freecycle, as I am determined not to fill up random troughs etc with them this year! A couple of replies already
    Found some old Observer books (anyone remember those?) that DD1 had written her name in when she was at primary school I will give them to her for her children

Definitely need more coffee first though!
    Last edited by DawnW; 06-03-2018 at 6:49 PM.
    NSDs for June 9 / 10
    Groceries / cleaning / toiletries / pet food etc 162.73 / 250
    Fuel 99.95 / 100

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,651Users online

Martin's Twitter