Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kah22
    • By kah22 4th Mar 18, 9:52 PM
    • 1,368Posts
    • 481Thanks
    kah22
    Irish TV astations Gone
    • 4th Mar 18, 9:52 PM
    Irish TV astations Gone 4th Mar 18 at 9:52 PM
    I live in the Armagh area and use to receive pretty decent coverage from the Republic. Transmitter Clermont Carn. I canít get from the Monaghan transmitter because of a large building blocking the signal

Anyway theyíve all vanished. In the past they use to be in the 800 range but that range has gone completly. So what to do. Has anybody had the same problem and got a fix?

I stumbled across an article tonight where some American was promoting this supper new indoor TV aerial, TVSurf Antenna. Google it and see. Anyway Iím not interested in that but I did look at some modern indoor aerials on Amazon and Iím wondering if they are all theyíre made out to be.

That said all Iím really interested in is in getting RTE1 AND 2 and TNaG

Kevin
    Illegitimi non carborundum
Page 1
    • Old Git
    • By Old Git 5th Mar 18, 7:22 AM
    • 4,295 Posts
    • 3,740 Thanks
    Old Git
    • 5th Mar 18, 7:22 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 7:22 AM
    I live in the Armagh area and use to receive pretty decent coverage from the Republic. Transmitter Clermont Carn. I canít get from the Monaghan transmitter because of a large building blocking the signal

Anyway theyíve all vanished. In the past they use to be in the 800 range but that range has gone completly. So what to do. Has anybody had the same problem and got a fix?

I stumbled across an article tonight where some American was promoting this supper new indoor TV aerial, TVSurf Antenna. Google it and see. Anyway Iím not interested in that but I did look at some modern indoor aerials on Amazon and Iím wondering if they are all theyíre made out to be.

That said all Iím really interested in is in getting RTE1 AND 2 and TNaG

Kevin
    Originally posted by kah22
    Depending on the age of the TV you may get TG4 RTE1 and RTE 2 on channels 51,52,53 .If the outdoor aerial dosent pick up the signal I dont thing an indoor would .

I know someone near me who put the sky dish on a pole at the end of the garden .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 5th Mar 18, 9:46 AM
    • 3,597 Posts
    • 1,858 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:46 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:46 AM
    Depending on the age of the TV you may get TG4 RTE1 and RTE 2 on channels 51,52,53
    That is freeview and need a modern Full HD Tv to receive(not just HD ready)

The Eire transmitters mentioned use Saorview
    • almillar
    • By almillar 5th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    • 7,333 Posts
    • 2,967 Thanks
    almillar
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:15 PM
    When did the channels vanish? First thing I would do is check my aerial, to see if it's still there, and pointing in the right direction! Otherwise maybe there's been a change at the transmitters? If you can't get it with an outdoor aerial, don't bother with an indoor one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,667Posts Today

8,343Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin