Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CaptainWales
    • By CaptainWales 4th Mar 18, 8:53 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CaptainWales
    Switching from bt fibre to plusnet broadband
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:53 PM
    Switching from bt fibre to plusnet broadband 4th Mar 18 at 8:53 PM
    I want to quit bt fibre and move to plusnet bb because of price and v poor service from bt. Plusnet say they cnt offer me bb at the moment because I have fibre. Is this correct? I dnt really want t ask bt to downgrade as I find them difficult to deal with, so is there an easier way round this?
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 4th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    • 3,180 Posts
    • 19,092 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 4th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    This thread (very old that it is) suggests it's an ongoing issue.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Can-t-move-from-BT-Infinity-to-Plusnet-ADSL/td-p/1062898

• bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 7th Mar 18, 12:41 PM
    • 7,523 Posts
    • 9,639 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:41 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:41 PM
    Middle of December I switched from BT Infinity to SKY ADSL, all it required was fibre being removed from slot in cabinet which wasnt done by switch over date.

BT 50.00 set up fee for BT Infinity not including router delivery charge of 9.99 I previously informed by Open Reach Engineer is made up of 25.00 to put Fibre slot on in Cabinet and 25.00 to remove it when Fibre not required.

SKY Broadband can be got similar cost to Plusnet deal

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/sky-digital/
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 07-03-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,651Users online

Martin's Twitter