Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jack_Army
    • By Jack_Army 4th Mar 18, 7:52 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jack_Army
    Impatient - help needed
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:52 PM
    Impatient - help needed 4th Mar 18 at 7:52 PM
    Hi All

Newbie so be gentle! Iím currently going through a PPI complaint with Halifax relating to missold PPI at the time I took out the card. I spoke to a complaint handler at Halifax and he is due to call me back to check a couple of questions I could not answer on the phone. Those are what my redundancy & sickness entitlement would have been with my employer at the time. Iíve had to contact my old employer for that info but he was pressing me to kind of say I donít be know but I donít want to. I only said Iíd prefer to check but I definitely had those entitlements. He said heíd call me on Thursday coming for that. Anyway his final question was what account would I like the payment made into? Now here is the crux of my question to you. Is that a promising sign or just a standard question? Itís a lot of money if my complaint is upheld, so Iím really keen to know, hence me wanting a bit of a steer on it before I find out for sure this Thursday.

Thanks

Jack.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 4th Mar 18, 8:22 PM
    • 20,163 Posts
    • 11,106 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:22 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:22 PM
    . Anyway his final question was what account would I like the payment made into? Now here is the crux of my question to you. Is that a promising sign or just a standard question?
    Originally posted by Jack_Army
    It's just a standard question and has no bearing on the future success (or failure) of your complaint.

It just saves them contacting you in future.

I'd be surprised if they call you again, to be honest, that's why he was pressing you to simply say that you didn't know,
    • Jack_Army
    • By Jack_Army 4th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jack_Army
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I!!!8217;ll wait until Thursday and call on Friday if I!!!8217;ve not had the call.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 4th Mar 18, 8:47 PM
    • 20,163 Posts
    • 11,106 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:47 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:47 PM
    call on Friday if I've not had the call.
    Any such call from you really will have no bearing on the result of your complaint. Don't waste your time.

Most banks don't even bother with such "follow up" calls and the complaint stands (or falls) based only on what was submitted in the original complaint.
    • Jack_Army
    • By Jack_Army 4th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jack_Army
    • 4th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    Thanks for the info. Just seems like a really inefficient process from their perspective as I was on the phone to him for about 15 minutes. Regardless, I suppose it!!!8217;s just a case of waiting for a letter?
    • Splash81
    • By Splash81 4th Mar 18, 10:27 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Splash81
    • 4th Mar 18, 10:27 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 10:27 PM
    I had the same type of call.. and 2 weeks later I!!!8217;m still waiting for a reply. I did add some info I remembered after the original call by ringing them a few days later. When I chased yesterday they said they don!!!8217;t have to give me an outcome until March 15th- which is 4 weeks from when I spoke to them.
    • brettcta
    • By brettcta 7th Mar 18, 1:49 PM
    • 3,528 Posts
    • 3,313 Thanks
    brettcta
    • 7th Mar 18, 1:49 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 1:49 PM
    remember, banks have 8 weeks from when you submitted your complaint to respond to you.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
    • Jack_Army
    • By Jack_Army 8th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jack_Army
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    No call received at the specified time, as I was told would happen by an esteemed poster. Called and gave the info was thanked and told by the complaint handler that Iíd receive a written reply in 2 weeks. Which begs the question what have they been doing with my complaint since we last spoke. Clearly not been looked at or even semi imvestigated. Makes me believe that their protracted and inefficient processes are a technique to cause apathy. Anyway once I receive what seems to be the inevitable rejection letter Iíll update on here. I dare say they wonít suggest Plevin if it is. Which is like going in to a shop and buying 1 of a product that is 2 for 1 without the person on the till having the courtesy to tell you.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Mar 18, 6:43 PM
    • 16,867 Posts
    • 17,890 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:43 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:43 PM
    Makes me believe that their protracted and inefficient processes are a technique to cause apathy.
    It would be a technique that of course costs them more money in redress, so I think it's safe to say it's not intentional.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 8th Mar 18, 8:43 PM
    • 20,163 Posts
    • 11,106 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Which begs the question what have they been doing with my complaint since we last spoke. Clearly not been looked at or even semi imvestigated.
    You need to realise that Banks don't look at each PPI complaint solidly for eight weeks. The timescale allowed is so that your complaint can sit in a queue (with many others)waiting to be looked at by a Claims Handler.. Ultimately, individual complaints might take a few hours (or less) in total to be considered. Do you really expect the Banks to employ extra handlers to reduce the waiting time they are allowed by the regulator?

That's not going to happen.

It's also pertinent to note that the person you speak to on the 'phone is unlikely to be part of the decision making. As such, he can't say whether your complaint will be successful or not.

Your analogy about going shopping is not a good one because you are making a complaint, not a purchase. Regardless, if you are in "scope" of a Plevin refund, you won't have to make any further complaint in order to receive one. If your PPI complaint fails you'll be automatically considered for Plevin.

Your telephone call furnishing them, with "further information" really wasn't required. just as I told you on the 4th March.

So, in your shoes, I'd forget about this and only expect a response after the full eight weeks have elapsed. Even if you are successful, you can likely expect to wait a further few weeks before the money eventually reaches your account.
    Last edited by Moneyineptitude; 08-03-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

48Posts Today

3,152Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin