Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 4th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    • 20,483Posts
    • 232,845Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018
    • 4th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018 4th Mar 18 at 6:21 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don!!!8217;t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One

Clear and wipe worksurfaces
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances - don't forget those icky handles!

Level Two

Wipe and replace small appliances
    Clean oven and hob
    Wash windows and sills

Level Three

Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Degunge the fridge!

Extras

Thoroughly clean the cutlery drawer!
    Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle
    Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    Before you put the cloth in the wash - wipe the catflap!
    HHI
    A new month has started - make sure you have all cards needed!

Triffic Tuesday

Bathroom blitz....

Are you ready Steve?. Uh uh, Andy? Yeah Mick? Okay alright fellas...

Let's goooooooo

Level one

Open windows
    Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    Remove towels

Level 2
    Scrub bath/ shower and don't forget screen and taps
    Polish taps with mf cloth
    Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo
    Wipe outside if loo with cloth
    Put loo cloth in wm

Level 3
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels

Extras
    Remove fly corpses from light fitting
    Clean pelmets and skirting and any dust traps
    Do something nice for those you love - bake a cake...or a batch of Twinks
    Work on one (at least) of your challenges...MAD half hour!

Wednesday - Beautiful Bedroom

Level 1
    Open the window
    strip the bed
    clean window
    make bed
    dust sill
    dust curtain rails/pelmets

Level 2
    dust all surfaces
    wipe light pulls/switches
    wipe cosmetic bottles with a just-damp cloth
    polish mirrors

Level 3
    vacuum/dust all light fittings
    clear detritus from bedside tables
    empty any bins
    vacuum/sweep floors

extras
    clear bedside cabinets
    HHI
    S&S kitchen and bathroom
    MAD half hour - challenge time

Thursday look after the lounge day

Level 1

Open windows and let in fresh air
    Empty bin
    Flick a cobweb duster round coving, along picture rail and over light fittings
    Vacuum or wipe sofa and swap cushions and/or seat pads
    Plump cushions
    Tidy and clean coffee/side tables

Level 2

Dust everywhere and wipe sticky spots inc switches with a damp cloth
    Don't forget skirting, tops of doors and sills and curtain tracks

Level 3

Thorough vacuum inc under furniture
    Don't forget the edges
    Wipe door - both sides
    Clean window

Extras

s&s bathrooms, kitchen
    HHI
    Plan some me time or down time for this weekend
    Challenge work - use your MAD half hour

Final Flourish Friday - those neglected or high-traffic areas

Halls, stairs, landing, porch

Level 1

Clear out the clutter
    Whack the mats against a wall
    Clean windows and mirrors

Level 2

Dust all horizontal surfaces
    Wipe banisters, light switches and sticky finger traps
    Assign shoe-cleaning duty to shoe owners

Level 3
    Check high places and dark corners for webs
    Sweep, mop and vacuum the floor - whichever's best for your flooring

Extras
    Assign a child to pocket checking - make sure nothing unpleasant is being harboured
    Give kiddies a bin bag - to fill from their OWN room
    Find a frog and start to nibble it and/or MAD half hour
    S&S bathroom and kitchen
    Last edited by Valli; 08-03-2018 at 9:53 PM. Reason: [
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
Page 7
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Mar 18, 5:26 PM
    • 36,748 Posts
    • 473,037 Thanks
    pigpen
    ATB.. the answer is.. whatever I do when child starts school is none of your business. .. or you come up with outrageous replies.. you're going to be a stripper. It disgusts me how once you have a child everyone thinks they can comment on your life.. as if you would be so rude as to comment on theirs!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    15/05/2018 £53528.71 (2.41% int.)
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 8th Mar 18, 5:54 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 7,764 Thanks
    Fayolle
    ATB - ditto the other comments. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and now doing what is best for me, my family and my sanity. Xx And I like the idea of saying that I will become a stripper when I go back to a "proper" job...**files it away in the useful part of brain**

I'm feeling pretty smug - I got back from work at lunchtime and DH went off to work rather than cluttering up the DR. . Result is that I dusted, swept and generally tidied up the DR utility room and kitchen. Then cleaned the ensuite for good measure. Obviously as soon as I had finished the ensuite, DD was in there like a shot. She has her father's traits. But at least I know it was clean for 5 minutes. The rest of the upstairs looks like the work in progress that it is, so I'm ignoring that for the moment.

Dinner is in the sc, builder has made progress, wm x 2 has been run, and HHI cleared. Just dusting my halo now....
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 8th Mar 18, 5:59 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 8,863 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Paid stuff done. Empty bin brought in. I've cleared and dusted the top of the tv stand As forecast the only items now on there are the tv and the hub .

Every little helps

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • tboo
    • By tboo 8th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    • 666 Posts
    • 3,997 Thanks
    tboo

Level 1

Empty bin
    Plump cushions

Level 2

Level 3

Don't forget the edges
    Wipe door - both sides
    Clean window

Extras

s&s bathrooms, kitchen
    HHI

Went into town to take back some library books that were my sister's but I was looking at them last, so I took them back. Didn't want her to get the fine.
    Finally deposited the cash back cheque from the car insurance.

started on the No Clutter thread - 25/01/2018
    ďYouíre only here for a short visit. Donít hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.Ē óWalter Hagen
    I don't have a diary - I do aim to be mortgage free by the beginning of August 2018
    04/06/18 £1000.87 to go
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 8th Mar 18, 6:51 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 20,236 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Thanks guys. Piggers I laughed out loud at the stripper comment idea - brilliant and certainly one Iíll memory bank for future use!

Feeling much better now. Just so taken aback at the brazen nature of the questions - as you say, what business is it of his?! Iíve rage scrubbed the bath after the kids got out, popped them in bed and set the DW going x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 8th Mar 18, 7:42 PM
    • 10,588 Posts
    • 115,982 Thanks
    LameWolf
    It disgusts me how once you have a child everyone thinks they can comment on your life.. as if you would be so rude as to comment on theirs!
    Originally posted by pigpen
    You get just as much rudery if you don't choose to have them. If I had a fiver for every time I was asked if I'd considered fertility treatment.....

ATB it sounds to me like he needs something useful to spend his time and energy on, not go around making judgmental remarks to other people.

Meet'n'greet done. Dusty turned out to be Border Terrier-sized, and a nice little chap. Like all doggies, he loves a good ear-scratch.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Mar 18, 8:05 PM
    • 36,748 Posts
    • 473,037 Thanks
    pigpen
    You get just as much rudery if you don't choose to have them. If I had a fiver for every time I was asked if I'd considered fertility treatment.....
    Originally posted by LameWolf
    Absolutely... I think it is a very brave decision to not have children.. the pressure from family and friends and those with children who think you are missing out on something is overwhelming at times I'm sure. I have utmost respect for those who do not surrender to that pressure.

I am perplexed most by those who have just one.. I was an only child for 8 years and hated every second and swore I would not do that to my children.. but I realise my feeling are based on my experience and I still would not presume anyone owed me an explanation about their decisions.
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 8th Mar 18, 9:03 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 36,265 Thanks
    ionafan
    Evening all.

I have decluttered 3 storage boxes of toys out of this house today - it was the first session of our new toddler group, so they are now stored in the vicar's vestry in case he gets bored I'd spent all this week (and whatever I could salvage of last week) preparing, and we had 5 children turn up with parents, a grandma and a great-grandma, which is almost double the number I had expected. Great fun was had by all

Tomorrow I am taking the day off and DH, Rosie and I are going out for lunch and then going over to tea with DS2, DDiL2 and DGS3+4 because it will be DGS4's 3rd birthday.

I have done OK with the Slinky challenge this week (apart from eating up the buttered toast that was meant to be the children's snack today), but there have been a number of necessary purchases which have sabotaged my attempt to become a Scrimper, and my house is still a hovel - perhaps I will eventually get round to dusting on Saturday

I did just manage to read the meters and submit online. Not terrible, but not nice either.

Good work clearing your TV stand, Roundtuit
    Dancemum, I hope that Dancepops is OK, and that CAMHS gives you the help you need xx
    Yes, Lame Wolf, Rosie likes a good ear-scratch too

Our TV has gone on the blink but iPlayer is still working so I must go and find something that DH will watch with me for an hour...

Enjoy the rest of your evening x
    Wannabe Slinky! Target 10 st 10 lb
    02/01/2018: 11 st 10.5 lb
    • froddington
    • By froddington 8th Mar 18, 9:08 PM
    • 6,642 Posts
    • 93,800 Thanks
    froddington
    Absolutely! Try being teacher without children: ''oh, but you must love children as you're a teacher!!'' Why can't people accept that others' choices can be different to theirs?

atb (and anyone else being hassled by others) - there's only one way of life and that's your own

LW - glad the meet went well x

Froddington - how's your mum doing?
    Originally posted by roundtuit
    Thanks for asking. TBH I'm not really sure. She was fine when we went to the cinema and arrived in the right place at the right time and seemed quite happy. But she is quite forgetful and writes everything in her diary - can't imagine what would happen if she lost that! She has a GP appt in 3 weeks so we'll see what happens then.

Slowly getting bits done here. Rubbish and recycling went this morning. Working all day tomorrow with my old class
    "There's only one way of life - and that's your own"
    Depression is not a sign of weakness;
    it's a sign you have been strong for too long
    MFW No.3 Mortgage OPs 2018 £200
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 8th Mar 18, 9:21 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora

Level 1

Empty bin
    Plump cushions

Level 2

Level 3

Don't forget the edges

Wipe door - both sides
    Clean window

Extras

s&s bathrooms, kitchen
    HHI

Thats me done for today, i did have help from my Mum I must admit but feeling really rubbish still

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    • 36,748 Posts
    • 473,037 Thanks
    pigpen
    Frodders I write everything in my diary, I call it my life.. and I have a reminder set on my phone so I don't forget to pick my children up from school.. I just think sometimes we have a busy brain and can't remember everything and I am sure it gets harder as we get older.. Hopefully it is just that with your mum. OH's mum has implied a few times recently that she has dementia.. her mother was lost to it and she is terrified of going the same way but there is medication now and it does slow the progression if that is what it is. Lower oxygen levels can cause the same symptoms and in older people something as simple as a UTI can cause issues.. I know you will worry but it might not be as bad as you expect xxx ... and being a teacher doesn't mean you like children.. it means you like opening minds and seeing tiny humans grow into civilised beings and that is an amazing process.. and to watch that without the sleepless nights and worry and sickness and the rest of the parenty health/future/financial/school/friends/ etc worries must be fabulous.. ... people think I like all children because I have so many.. and I don't, I have even less tolerance for most of their parents.. I love my own like nothing on earth but other peoples are just a chore... I have met a few I like... and I like teenagers and toddlers.. so maybe I am just a freak lol Other peoples children are like dogs.. I don't want anything bad to happen to them but I don't want them either.. but if it came to it I would risk my life to save theirs.

I am really hungry... slinky challenge is going pretty well and I am looking set to break into the lower stone this week IF I can manage not to go eat everything not nailed down in the kitchen.. I am looking at recipes for filling things I can eat without becoming obese! I can't find anything at all... and I cooked sausages for casserole tomorrow and I just want to slap them in a butty!!
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 8th Mar 18, 10:44 PM
    • 5,343 Posts
    • 55,181 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening folks

Pleased to read your M & G went well LW

Happy Birthday wishes Iona for your DGS4 tomorrow

Totally agree with the comments ATB. It's your life, your family and your degree. How you organise your own life is up to you and imo I think the bringing up of children is one of the most important roles you can undertake.

I used to volunteer with help for reading HB and was always impressed by how hard some people tried to improve. One of those I worked with was a young lady with children, who wanted to be able to read to her children and help with their h/w. She did progress to reading to her children and was presented with an award for achievement. Unfortunately she passed due to C and it upset me too much after that to continue.

Dailies and Spanish lesson done
    Bathroom all sparkly
    All recycling sorted and put out ready to take to centre tomorrow
    Paid bill on phone via auto system
    Paid cc due next week online
    Pulled out cases and sorted regular holibobs gubbins
    Informed banks of holibob so card payments not blocked
    Double-checked all paperwork, telephone nos etc for holibobs
    My stuff is stacked ready to pack

Persuaded DH to clean the balcony windows and door after the wind and weather - looked like we had net curtains up on the outside

If it's gone I've done it or we don't have one

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Clean oven

Triffic TuesdayBathroom blitz....

Wednesday - Beautiful Bedroom
    strip the bed
    make bed

Extras
    s&s bathrooms, kitchen

Sticks and spoons if you need some
    Hope you all have a super Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130x61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 8th Mar 18, 10:46 PM
    • 2,250 Posts
    • 21,250 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    [B]Other peoples children are like dogs.. I don't want anything bad to happen to them but I don't want them either.. but if it came to it I would risk my life to save theirs.
    Originally posted by pigpen
    But my dogs are my fur babies. They are family, not just pets. I love all dogs, but not all children.

Weak flapping achieved today, so must try harder tomorrow...Beford beckons...night night x
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 9th Mar 18, 7:26 AM
    • 15,476 Posts
    • 197,765 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    So sorry I've not been in for ages, I hope everyone is as well as can be.
    I'm now working all hours god sends or it feels like it.
    I'm fitting in flying where I can
    Ds1 has finally got round to releasing a single on his fb page that has made me incredibly prouder than usual of him and total mum bias but I do think it's rather good.
    My dad had a major health scare at the beginning of the week but thankfully seems ok now.
    Still decluttering ds2 decided to get rid of his double bed as it filled the room so he sold that and got a cabin bed with storage so his room is starting to look tidy.
    Mil is still well and I'm trying to keep on top of her cleaning as well as my own.

I'll try and pop in o er the weekend for a catch-up read to see what everyone is up to. Hugs and good wishes for all who need them.
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far £2,300

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 9th Mar 18, 7:47 AM
    • 593 Posts
    • 8,863 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Morning

Thoughts on the thread: I have one brother who's 11 months younger than me and who drove me to distraction when we were growing up; I would have loved to have been an only child! Having said that my dream was to get married and have 5 sons - reality being what it is I didn't get married and had 1 son - plus 5 godsons and a goddaughter Choices are made, life happens, we all play with the hand we're dealt in our own way - and if other people don't like it - tough says I (Then go home and cry 'cause I'm a numbnut )

Flying: tonight I'll clean the landing window and sill - which is one of the few unladen horizontal surfaces to be found in this house!

Just got to get through the paid stuff today and then it's the weekend - woot woot

Have a good day ladies xx

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 9th Mar 18, 7:51 AM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 20,236 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all,

Thanks again for yesterday - you ladies speak such sense.

I have unloaded the DW, the WM is on it's first load and I have scrubbed the shower head. Beds made and kiddies ready for school.

Will report back later have lovely days all xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 9th Mar 18, 12:07 PM
    • 1,552 Posts
    • 22,389 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Spent two and a half hours helping an 85 year old man learn to read which I wouldn't normally do, but the manager was doing some training. He's very severely dyslexic and what he needed from me was very clearly explained to me and he said it was fine if I did the session with him. I think I must have got it right because he stretched it out to two and a half hours telling stories. Nice man, utterly determined to learn to read. The things we take for granted.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    Good for you. It is such a shame that the funding for adult literacy/numeracy which was so plentiful in the 1980s has dwindled to zilch. I loved being an adult literacy tutor, especially as attached to a community college I got to teach in places as disparate as the army and probation.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 9th Mar 18, 12:20 PM
    • 1,552 Posts
    • 22,389 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy

ATB it sounds to me like he needs something useful to spend his time and energy on, not go around making judgmental remarks to other people.
    It's amazing how some people feel that if you aren't following their path in life, you're doing something wrong. Mr N and I also chose not to have a family and have often debated with people who call us selfish to throw back at them that if selfish is doing what you want, surely they are just as selfish having a child because they want one. Different choices; neither are right or wrong.

I also got amazed comments when, in my late 30's/early 40's I chose to work part time. I had worked hard, saved, didn't have a particularly expensive lifestyle and wanted to spend time on my hobbies - one of which had started as voluntary work teaching and has eventually ended up being my 2nd career.

Enough ranting, other than having my usual retort to people commenting on our lifestyle/holidays "oh yes we've been really lucky to pay off our mortgage: it only involved 2 factors - one Mr N was nearly killed (and still has complications) by an idiot driver in a road accident so we got compensation; secondly I got made redundant. Yeah, that's really lucky." We just all try and deal with what is thrown us in life.

And on the flying front, the last 2 days have been uni so I now have 2 reports to write.
    - washing done x 2
    - private work enquiries replied to
    - bird feeders filled

This evening I've got a Clubbercise Masterclass which apparently is 1hr 20 of dance followed by prosecco, sushi and strawberries! Not sure how that will contribute to slinkiness, on which front I won't comment as it is too depressing. Having set my target for the Park Run before my 60th, it is getting horribly close and I'm booked up for various weekends between now and then. It may have to be Easter Saturday and accept that I may need to walk some of it, which will be disappointing as my training was going so well before December.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 9th Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    • 10,588 Posts
    • 115,982 Thanks
    LameWolf
    But my dogs are my fur babies. They are family, not just pets. I love all dogs, but not all children.
    Originally posted by Dizzy Imp
    Yep, same here - I no longer have my own dog (she passed in 2002 and I still miss her) but I have real love for ALL the canines who cross my threshold. It's like I've said so many times, Horses For Courses - you do what you believe is right for you. Hellfire, I couldn't relate to children when I was one, so I've no chance now!!

Anyways - Sort of Flying (in the "outdoor room" iyswim) Mr LW is picking up the bits of branch that have blown off the hedge into the back garden, and is hoovering the lawn, ready for Lizzie's arrival tomorrow. We need to empty all the room waste bins too, as she's a Grade A Bin Diver, and will investigate the contents.
    This will be Lizzie's 6th stay with us (she has her Frequent Flyer badge now ); we first met her in August 2013, and she has grown up into a very lovely dog, but she still has the typical Spaniel nosiness curiosity.

ETA Oh poo, it's just started raining, so cutting the lawn will have to wait (electric mower).
    Last edited by LameWolf; 09-03-2018 at 2:06 PM.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 9th Mar 18, 3:00 PM
    • 4,571 Posts
    • 38,155 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Interesting comments about life choices. My job will change at some point over the next couple of years and when it does I have vowed to do what I want to do, not what I feel that I should do (or what others expect me to do!).

After a couple of shaky days (literally) on the anxiety front I am feeling much better today - helped by surprising myself at the gym this morning when I discovered that I could lift a heavier weight than I thought I could.

Paid stuff no 1 done, a little careful shopping. DW on, WM on, more paid stuff next. Just having a delightful (!) green smoothie but have got a cup of tea lined up to wash it down.

Right, invoices to process x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

44Posts Today

3,103Users online

Martin's Twitter