Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 4th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    • 20,435Posts
    • 232,278Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018
    • 4th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018 4th Mar 18 at 6:21 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don!!!8217;t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One

Clear and wipe worksurfaces
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances - don't forget those icky handles!

Level Two

Wipe and replace small appliances
    Clean oven and hob
    Wash windows and sills

Level Three

Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Degunge the fridge!

Extras

Thoroughly clean the cutlery drawer!
    Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle
    Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    Before you put the cloth in the wash - wipe the catflap!
    HHI
    A new month has started - make sure you have all cards needed!

Triffic Tuesday

Bathroom blitz....

Are you ready Steve?. Uh uh, Andy? Yeah Mick? Okay alright fellas...

Let's goooooooo

Level one

Open windows
    Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    Remove towels

Level 2
    Scrub bath/ shower and don't forget screen and taps
    Polish taps with mf cloth
    Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo
    Wipe outside if loo with cloth
    Put loo cloth in wm

Level 3
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels

Extras
    Remove fly corpses from light fitting
    Clean pelmets and skirting and any dust traps
    Do something nice for those you love - bake a cake...or a batch of Twinks
    Work on one (at least) of your challenges...MAD half hour!

Wednesday - Beautiful Bedroom

Level 1
    Open the window
    strip the bed
    clean window
    make bed
    dust sill
    dust curtain rails/pelmets

Level 2
    dust all surfaces
    wipe light pulls/switches
    wipe cosmetic bottles with a just-damp cloth
    polish mirrors

Level 3
    vacuum/dust all light fittings
    clear detritus from bedside tables
    empty any bins
    vacuum/sweep floors

extras
    clear bedside cabinets
    HHI
    S&S kitchen and bathroom
    MAD half hour - challenge time

Thursday look after the lounge day

Level 1

Open windows and let in fresh air
    Empty bin
    Flick a cobweb duster round coving, along picture rail and over light fittings
    Vacuum or wipe sofa and swap cushions and/or seat pads
    Plump cushions
    Tidy and clean coffee/side tables

Level 2

Dust everywhere and wipe sticky spots inc switches with a damp cloth
    Don't forget skirting, tops of doors and sills and curtain tracks

Level 3

Thorough vacuum inc under furniture
    Don't forget the edges
    Wipe door - both sides
    Clean window

Extras

s&s bathrooms, kitchen
    HHI
    Plan some me time or down time for this weekend
    Challenge work - use your MAD half hour

Final Flourish Friday - those neglected or high-traffic areas

Halls, stairs, landing, porch

Level 1

Clear out the clutter
    Whack the mats against a wall
    Clean windows and mirrors

Level 2

Dust all horizontal surfaces
    Wipe banisters, light switches and sticky finger traps
    Assign shoe-cleaning duty to shoe owners

Level 3
    Check high places and dark corners for webs
    Sweep, mop and vacuum the floor - whichever's best for your flooring

Extras
    Assign a child to pocket checking - make sure nothing unpleasant is being harboured
    Give kiddies a bin bag - to fill from their OWN room
    Find a frog and start to nibble it and/or MAD half hour
    S&S bathroom and kitchen
    Last edited by Valli; 08-03-2018 at 9:53 PM. Reason: [
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
Page 6
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 7th Mar 18, 6:19 PM
    • 36,728 Posts
    • 472,754 Thanks
    pigpen
    No wonder we are always skint.. £43 spent at Lidl.. and £3.50 for dance.. and £16 for parcel posting.. and £2.20 on mothers day cards.. and £87 diesel.. £280 on the loan and £500 on the holiday.. This is a NSD for us lol... OH gets paid on Friday so we can pay something else useful!

DW done.. DS3 and I did it as a joint effort.

I really need to fold the 6 loads of clean laundry.. and I want to glitter the bathroom..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    15/05/2018 £53528.71 (2.41% int.)
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 7th Mar 18, 6:40 PM
    • 9,653 Posts
    • 121,957 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Work done
    Dinner done
    NSD
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -10 so far and counting!!
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 7th Mar 18, 7:23 PM
    • 24,246 Posts
    • 95,786 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    He finally turned up at about 1am. Definitely trying to not give away any information about the band, but slightly drunk and with that comes the ridiculous over affectionate Guitartwat who stops me going to sleep because he wants cuddles (and I mean cuddles, it's not an euphemism).

Had a pretty good day at work, albeit incredibly busy and hard work and declined the invitation to his weekend gig next week on the grounds of I will be too tired, but that I was going to visit my mate instead. His advice? 'The trains are really unreliable down there at the weekends. If you end up staying over, let me know and I'll meet you at the station on this end in the morning'. (I already know where and what he'll be doing/who he'll be with, so he won't be up to anything)

Dinner! Back soon!
    Last edited by Jojo the Tightfisted; 07-03-2018 at 7:26 PM.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • tboo
    • By tboo 7th Mar 18, 8:37 PM
    • 652 Posts
    • 3,923 Thanks
    tboo
    Triffic Tuesday

Bathroom blitz....

Level one

Open windows
    Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    Remove towels

Level 2
    Scrub bath/ shower and don't forget screen and taps
    Polish taps with mf cloth
    Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo
    Wipe outside if loo with cloth
    Put loo cloth in wm

Level 3
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels

Extras
    Remove fly corpses from light fitting
    Clean pelmets and skirting and any dust traps
    Do something nice for those you love - bake a cake...or a batch of Twinks
    Work on one (at least) of your challenges...MAD half hour!

Wednesday - Beautiful Bedroom

Level 1
    Open the window
    strip the bed
    clean window
    make bed
    dust sill
    dust curtain rails/pelmets

Level 2
    dust all surfaces
    wipe light pulls/switches
    wipe cosmetic bottles with a just-damp cloth
    polish mirrors

Level 3
    vacuum/dust all light fittings
    clear detritus from bedside tables
    empty any bins
    vacuum/sweep floors

extras
    clear bedside cabinets
    HHI
    S&S kitchen and bathroom
    MAD half hour - challenge time
    started on the No Clutter thread - 25/01/2018
    “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen
    I don't have a diary but I do aim to be mortgage free by the beginning of August 2018
    30/04/18 £3600 to go // 15/05/18 £2349.37 to go
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 7th Mar 18, 8:50 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 20,921 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Harmony has returned in Dizzyland. DH has stopped being an @rse. May have something to do with his football team being on TV and also being ahead at half time...

Didn't get much done today. Went out for pizza lunch with a friend and collected another friend's kids from school/football club, fed and entertained them and am now flopped on the sofa clutching a large G&T.

Ooohh...my new Henry Hoover poles, brushes and bendy hose arrived today. My friend laughed at my excitement, but new cleaning equipment is fabulous, is it not?

Love and hugs all round. You girls are great
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 7th Mar 18, 8:57 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 8,685 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Paid stuff done. Empty bin brought in - finally emptied following disruption last week , recycling bin put out ready for tomorrow. Laundry shuffle done. Gibble removed from bookcase in my bedroom and top of bookcase dusted ... cough . Found 10p - deposited in charity box. Mr T delivery received and ALL put away

I'm going to source a glass or perspex dome as I have a Dutch doll that Dad bought me when he was working in Holland (1971-1972) and she is pristine, but the plastic cylinder that she came in has yellowed and become brittle and cracked. I need to measure her first to make sure I buy the right size dome.

I also need to glue on the head of a small crystal teddy - also a gift from Dad. Three other teddy ornaments can be washed and put in CS bag, broken alarm clock can be binned.

Half past week

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 7th Mar 18, 10:41 PM
    • 24,246 Posts
    • 95,786 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    [Facepalms]

Guitartwat is on his best behaviour. Dinner is edible, he's made loads of sandwiches for tomorrow's very long day of overtime and being stupid busy and he's swept the living room floor. He's even asked if I want him to help out with the stupid busy week next week (all handy for job applications and getting a good reference, as they've already offered to do this for him from helping out at Christmas).

But - he moved the cat bed. A whole six inches to the left.

The cat bed has apparently immediately become possessed by cat eating demons of antiquity. Should a purehearted feline of impeccable reputation set even one snowy white paw upon its Hellish quilting of beige, taupe and forest green stripes (truly demonic shades), he would immediately be cast down to spend all eternity being the wrong side of every door, to have the wrong flavour of crunchies in his bowl and to never, ever, ever be able to catch the moths, despite their fluttering down to just mere inches away from his now permanently blunted talons as there are no scratching posts, sofas, table legs or doormats in Feline Purgatory,

The Idiot Cat's facial expressions upon discovering this atrocity;

In other word, the Idiot Cat won't get in it anymore and is insisting upon sleeping on my foot. Which is now so warm it feels like it's under a tanning lamp in a heatwave.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 8th Mar 18, 7:38 AM
    • 578 Posts
    • 8,685 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Morning everyone

Jojo, no doubt this has been said before, but you should write a book. I'd buy it. Thank you for starting my day with a laugh.

I don't know what was in the Beast from the East, but my windows are all filthy - and it is on the outside (I checked ).

Got up this morning - smiled at the clean, empty top of the bookcase, came down, smiled at the kitchen floor clear of last night's grocery delivery, sat down with my cuppa and thought 'oh I hope today it's the living room and I'll clear and dust the top of the TV stand tonight'. And,lo and behold, I look at Valli's list and it's the 'lounge' today woot woot . When I go to bed tonight the only things on that top will be the tv and the hub - gone will be a lot of dust, DS's glasses (which he rarely, if ever wears,) 4 pairs of DS's sunglasses, a small mountain of DS's change, DS's suitcase lock and remnant euros - anyone notice a pattern here The only thing that's mine is the dust!!! I've already planned new homes for everything else - mostly DS's room

I'll let you now when it's done Paid stuff to survive get out of the way first .

Take care flylady friends

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 8th Mar 18, 7:54 AM
    • 9,653 Posts
    • 121,957 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Morning all

One eby parcel packed, and other item has a bid on it, so I am please as it is flingage, not gonig to earn mega ££ but it is out the door, and has been hanging around for ages!

Kitchen is done
    Lunch made for work.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -10 so far and counting!!
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 8th Mar 18, 7:55 AM
    • 601 Posts
    • 7,328 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Morning everyone.

It's sunny, I nearly have a finished bathroom (all things are relative, it is no longer bare breeze block and no floor. Improvement, huh?), and I solved the Scrimpers problem....go to Mr M to do the main shop of a fortnight and find virtually bare shelves!! Result! Scrimpers and Slinky in one fell swoop.

DD was poorly yesterday evening, so she is currently still asleep. Nothing serious I don't think, but she obviously won't be making the school bus this moring as it left 10 minutes ago. To be fair, I did know that last night.

I am off to do a few hours at the paid stuff, DH is working in the dining room, builder due back any minute. I have set aside the weekend to fly, as it just isn't happening so far this week. I look on it as my Mothers Day present to myself

Off to get myself ready for work, and to make sure that DH knows just what out of the empty fridge he can have for lunch. This is the biggest worry of his day, it seems.

Have lovely days everyone. X
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 8th Mar 18, 9:05 AM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 51,919 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok and any poorlies feel better soon.

Pouring with rain here this morning so all I've done is made the bed, cleaned the door both sides in the LR and washed the breakfast dishes.

Job search now.

Have a great day everyone.
    Savings 2018: £1478.11
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Mar 18, 9:10 AM
    • 36,728 Posts
    • 472,754 Thanks
    pigpen
    It must be the day for Idiot Cats... my evil demon is sat looking forlornly out of the murky Portal to Another Dimension (cat flap to us hoomans) at the falling white sludge.. He is howling 'E-woe' every few seconds in the hope someone will come turn it off. To make matters worse his bowl is empty and the gate at the bottom of the stairs is closed and he is too full of love (and fat) to jump over and go cry on DS3. He is walking between the 3 crying for a hooman to fix the Other Dimension
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 8th Mar 18, 11:39 AM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 20,050 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Yet another snow day here we thought that was the last of it but had another dump overnight! Although it is, thankfully, thawing now.

Beds made, kitchen tidied, shops visited. Spends of £15.35 on food to report.

Off to cobble together some lunch!
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Mar 18, 11:59 AM
    • 36,728 Posts
    • 472,754 Thanks
    pigpen
    Paid another bill up to date with the last remaining few quids in my account.. thankfully OH gets paid tomorrow so I can buy food.. I need to construct a very strict shopping list. I think nothing has arrears any more.. definitely a dose of progress.

No word through from the mortgage company as yet though .. they said it would be 3 weeks and it has been 2 so I am getting a bit impatient I think. I just want to save my quids as soon as possible.

I have sorted my budget for April and added in the new years water bill and adjusted council tax etc and decided who are the first 5 to be paid off.. it will take a few months but will make the greatest difference to our disposable income.

Waiting for postie who is hopefully bringing my new SIM so I can get back to ebeasting our housey contents.. I have put 2 items on a branded FB group.. and bumped a third.. I have a half empty box of ebeasty stuff upstairs so I am going to list as much as possible and get it all empty and fill it with stuff of DD2's to go in the loft.. My front room which I had just got presentable is full of her detritus and I hate it.

2x WM

I need to vac the hall and stairs.. OH walked grot from his shoes everywhere before he went to work.
    I have 2 items to post today

Times for small and loud to go for a nap judging by the evil noise sewing from her gaping maw.

I have so much to get done and she just doesn't help!! If she won't nap I am kicking DS3 out of bed to watch her I want to get the grey on DD3's wall.. then I can slop over the ceiling tomorrow... or tonight once smalls are in bed.. OH is not home until gone 9 so he won't be here to hinder me! Best find my dust sheets to avoid splatters.. Ooh I may have OH set up the platform thing.. see if I can cope with that..

Finishing my cuppa and putting pest for a nap.. I am sending OH to the tip tomorrow I think with the dead bunks and mattress.. I just decided.. I have a dead mattress in my doorway to the front room and I don't want it there.

So...

cuppa..
    Twinkle nap..
    Food.. courgette omelette I think
    WM/DW/TD while food cooks.
    Glitter bathroom..
    School run..

OH's sister rang yesterday wanting me to be a trustee for some advocacy charity/voluntary group thing she is wittering about starting.. erm.. no ta... had it been someone (almost anyone) else and in my area where there are no support services for those of the LBGTQ communities, especially the young people, I would probably have jumped at it.. but where they are there are loads of services by comparison.
    Last edited by pigpen; 08-03-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 8th Mar 18, 1:47 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 37,994 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Hi all

Snowy start here too atb, DS2 made it to college after the bus got stuck on one of the hills. I had a bit of a scary journey in.

DH has been home most of the morning. I asked him if he could dust and hoover. He texted me to say it was done, so why is the utility floor filthy? And why is the kitchen a mess? Havent been further than the hall yet but so far no signs of a morning spent cleaning.

Paid stuff. Tired and unmotivated but it has to be done.

Called at the shops and only bought the essentials. Will try not to put the heating on until just before DS1 get home. Have put the little oil radiator on in my office because it is chilly in there!

Will do an hour then have a break.

Best make a start!
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Mar 18, 2:55 PM
    • 36,728 Posts
    • 472,754 Thanks
    pigpen
    no food, no painting, no nap!

Off to collect some girls and then post some parcels
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 8th Mar 18, 3:36 PM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 20,050 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Rant alert - feel free to ignore...

Had out of the blue visit from relative. He lives a life a million miles away from ours - single, retired at 35 after selling a business he inherited, multi millionaire, no partner or kids - you get the picture.

Starts grilling me on "what are you going to do when DS starts full time school in September" My measured response was - continue as I do now; work a bit for DH, do some paid work, run the home, be basically sole parent most of the time as DH works away a lot etc etc. He then bemoaned what a "waste of your degree" that is, and I really needed to get a full time job.

Yes I could work full time and we would have a tiny bit more money - but we would also pay out an awful lot in childcare, my stress levels would go through the roof etc etc.

I wanted to smack him. Rant over. Off to slurp a brew x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 8th Mar 18, 3:59 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 1,600 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Understand your rant ATB, I get a similar thing, I work PT with fairly flexible hours and run the house. Now DDs are both studying away I get asked when am I going to get a 'proper job', I live abroad and teach English to both adults and kids and kids clubs for English. I had the same as you when younger and just told people that my husband could only be as successful as he is because of what I do, he travels regularly and sometimes at a moments notice and plans change daily. Running a house and family is work, it takes time and effort and is very important. My girls both tell me know how pleased they are I was there for them after school or to go on trips and to take them to places (they both have done sport to a very high level, different sports too). Bringing up the next generation is a very important job, don't let anyone underestimate it. Or think of it as being charitable and leaving a full time job for someone who needs it more than you.

Just my opinion.
    xx
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 8th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 1,600 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Not done much flying this week as DD2 is home so done her washing but not much else as took her to hospital and then have been looking after her, a bit of work but have managed to keep the house fairly tidy, WU, DW & WM all up to date. Making the most of her time at home as she goes back on Saturday.
    xx
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 8th Mar 18, 4:29 PM
    • 5,029 Posts
    • 50,352 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Interesting isn't it, ATB, that parenting and running a house are considered a waste? To do either well is an achievement many never manage, but clearly as he inherited his wealth he really has very little idea of anything.

(((Hugs))) for Mum of 2 and Dancemum.

Ground floor vacuummed again, rug taken to the laundrette and put through its paces, dining room dusted and sewing things tidied away, shower tray resealed and two WM loads pegged out.

I'm still working on hoiking out and off all the the bath sealant, so I had to wash my hair in the utility sink this morning before I went off volunteering. Spent two and a half hours helping an 85 year old man learn to read which I wouldn't normally do, but the manager was doing some training. He's very severely dyslexic and what he needed from me was very clearly explained to me and he said it was fine if I did the session with him. I think I must have got it right because he stretched it out to two and a half hours telling stories. Nice man, utterly determined to learn to read. The things we take for granted.
    Keeping it AF
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

421Posts Today

5,815Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin