Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 4th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    • 20,435Posts
    • 232,278Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018
    • 4th Mar 18, 6:21 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018 4th Mar 18 at 6:21 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don!!!8217;t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One

Clear and wipe worksurfaces
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances - don't forget those icky handles!

Level Two

Wipe and replace small appliances
    Clean oven and hob
    Wash windows and sills

Level Three

Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Degunge the fridge!

Extras

Thoroughly clean the cutlery drawer!
    Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle
    Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    Before you put the cloth in the wash - wipe the catflap!
    HHI
    A new month has started - make sure you have all cards needed!

Triffic Tuesday

Bathroom blitz....

Are you ready Steve?. Uh uh, Andy? Yeah Mick? Okay alright fellas...

Let's goooooooo

Level one

Open windows
    Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    Remove towels

Level 2
    Scrub bath/ shower and don't forget screen and taps
    Polish taps with mf cloth
    Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo
    Wipe outside if loo with cloth
    Put loo cloth in wm

Level 3
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels

Extras
    Remove fly corpses from light fitting
    Clean pelmets and skirting and any dust traps
    Do something nice for those you love - bake a cake...or a batch of Twinks
    Work on one (at least) of your challenges...MAD half hour!

Wednesday - Beautiful Bedroom

Level 1
    Open the window
    strip the bed
    clean window
    make bed
    dust sill
    dust curtain rails/pelmets

Level 2
    dust all surfaces
    wipe light pulls/switches
    wipe cosmetic bottles with a just-damp cloth
    polish mirrors

Level 3
    vacuum/dust all light fittings
    clear detritus from bedside tables
    empty any bins
    vacuum/sweep floors

extras
    clear bedside cabinets
    HHI
    S&S kitchen and bathroom
    MAD half hour - challenge time

Thursday look after the lounge day

Level 1

Open windows and let in fresh air
    Empty bin
    Flick a cobweb duster round coving, along picture rail and over light fittings
    Vacuum or wipe sofa and swap cushions and/or seat pads
    Plump cushions
    Tidy and clean coffee/side tables

Level 2

Dust everywhere and wipe sticky spots inc switches with a damp cloth
    Don't forget skirting, tops of doors and sills and curtain tracks

Level 3

Thorough vacuum inc under furniture
    Don't forget the edges
    Wipe door - both sides
    Clean window

Extras

s&s bathrooms, kitchen
    HHI
    Plan some me time or down time for this weekend
    Challenge work - use your MAD half hour

Final Flourish Friday - those neglected or high-traffic areas

Halls, stairs, landing, porch

Level 1

Clear out the clutter
    Whack the mats against a wall
    Clean windows and mirrors

Level 2

Dust all horizontal surfaces
    Wipe banisters, light switches and sticky finger traps
    Assign shoe-cleaning duty to shoe owners

Level 3
    Check high places and dark corners for webs
    Sweep, mop and vacuum the floor - whichever's best for your flooring

Extras
    Assign a child to pocket checking - make sure nothing unpleasant is being harboured
    Give kiddies a bin bag - to fill from their OWN room
    Find a frog and start to nibble it and/or MAD half hour
    S&S bathroom and kitchen
    Last edited by Valli; 08-03-2018 at 9:53 PM. Reason: [
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
Page 5
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 6th Mar 18, 6:36 PM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Definitely not a NSD today. I bought out half the charity shop

But we now have a bed frame, wardrobes, CODs a dining table and chairs, and coffee table. I need to get a mattress tomorrow, and sheets and towels. And all the bits and pieces which all add up. Just as well weve been budgeting for this for six months.

The landlord has repainted everything white since we viewed it. A bit stark, but better than the old floral wallpaper in the bedroom. Ill add some colour with cushions and bits.

Tomorrow I have to wait for the furniture to be delivered and make up the flat pack

Helpfully we have only been given one set of keys, so I need to remedy that. And work out which utility providers they have set us up with so I can use the comparison site here and change them

An Expensive but satisfying day
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 6th Mar 18, 6:45 PM
    • 9,653 Posts
    • 121,957 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Mumof2 hugs xx

ATB, I have VAT visits, normally they last for two days, every three years or so, they just sit there and go through everything, I am normally sent a list of what they want to see in advance, and put it in a box for them, (previous years accounts etc) recent visits, about 6 six years ago they found nothing.......3 years ago I hadn't claimed 0.63p ! a complete waste of time for two people for two days, but hey ho, they need to do these things. I wish they would go after the bad businesses and scam businesses..........

Work done
    Dinner done
    OH on a train from Manchester back to MK, so he should be home about 8pm
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -10 so far and counting!!
    • Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 6th Mar 18, 7:25 PM
    • 2,645 Posts
    • 40,526 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Thanks again for all the hugs. Today Z has said she feels better from talking about stuff and she has been to the GP who gave her the phone number for some form of counselling she can easily access. She has also chatted to Stephen, our minister and he really helped so let's hope we are over the worse now.

Flying wise, I picked up in here a bit before Stephen came and there is a load of washing in the machine ready for me to take out and hang up. I have been working on and off all day though apart from when I fell asleep on the sofa with Whiz Whippet.
    H2H challenge: 2 hours 15 mins
    • froddington
    • By froddington 6th Mar 18, 8:14 PM
    • 6,638 Posts
    • 93,735 Thanks
    froddington
    Evening!

Mumof2 - huge hugs for all of you; I'm glad things are looking up this evening xx

LW - congrats on the re-licence! x

atb - hugs for you too x

Kitchen looks good here (well, better than it has in a while ). Have WUALTD, WM x1, and popped to Mr A for a couple of bits too. Also trying to sort out where a microwave has gone that should have been delivered to Dad yesterday

Got a phone call earlier asking me to do 3 more days supply this month which I have agreed to as I know the classes well. So, I'm working tomorrow morning and all day Friday this week.
    "There's only one way of life - and that's your own"
    Depression is not a sign of weakness;
    it's a sign you have been strong for too long
    MFW No.3 Mortgage OPs 2018 200
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 6th Mar 18, 8:31 PM
    • 36,728 Posts
    • 472,754 Thanks
    pigpen
    My stomach hurts.. Twinkle is being a turd.. Squeak and Dot have been turds at ice skating and both having a sulk. Pixie was in bed super early and asleep before I even got upstairs to kiss her goodnight.

DD3's wall sanded and refillered
    TD on again

I am hungry and we have nothing in that I dare attempt to eat.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    15/05/2018 53528.71 (2.41% int.)
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 6th Mar 18, 8:56 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 37,994 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Hi all

My boss seems to be not speaking to me unless absolutely necessary. I have no idea why. We spent 5 hours in the same room today and exchanged about 4 sentences. If he wants to behave like a 4 year old that's fine, it was quite peaceful.

Job no.2 was manic, didn't get there last week because of the snow and all the paperwork is all in a mess. I love a challenge.

Good gym class done, tea eaten, feet up now. Really nothing that Wednesday can bring that will surprise me.

Ooh and I did give the bath a good scrub while I was in it!
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 6th Mar 18, 8:57 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Thats me done for the day, feet up in front of netflix now

Triffic Tuesday

Bathroom blitz....

Are you ready Steve?. Uh uh, Andy? Yeah Mick? Okay alright fellas...

Let's goooooooo

Level one

Open windows
    Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    Remove towels

Level 2
    Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo

Put loo cloth in wm

Level 3
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels

Extras
    Remove fly corpses from light fitting
    Clean pelmets and skirting and any dust traps
    Do something nice for those you love - bake a cake...or a batch of Twinks
    Work on one (at least) of your challenges...MAD half hour!

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• lil_me
    • By lil_me 6th Mar 18, 9:07 PM
    • 13,090 Posts
    • 115,139 Thanks
    lil_me
    Jumping in on the day 2. Done most of the kitchen caught up on the washing up with Ds2. Tidied and cleared a fair bit. I will do the bathroom when I go for my shower. Leave at 6 tomorrow as business network meeting starts at 7 so need some shut eye. Got only tomorrow to finish vAT return so going to do some while my hair dries !!!128542;

Lost another 2.5lb Monday weigh in so that is better

Sending hugs and spoons where needed XX
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC May : 400
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 6th Mar 18, 9:58 PM
    • 5,343 Posts
    • 55,181 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening all

Hugs all round and big squishy ones for Mumof2 and ATB

Well done on the sprouts MadamMim - they always seem to take ages

Sounds like you're getting organised FBO. Hope you have luck with finding the rest at a reasonable price and get suppliers sorted.

Dailies and Spanish lesson done
    Hoovered right through, mats shaken and banged.
    Shopping done Al*i, checked and PA
    Fridge fling and tidy
    Freezer shuffle

One hour 'me' time today. Hair wash and condition, long, bubbly bath and generous body cream afterwards - loverly juberly.

If it's gone I've done it or we don't have one

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Clean oven and hob

Triffic TuesdayBathroom blitz....
    Remove towels
    Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo
    Put loo cloth in wm
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels

Wednesday - Beautiful Bedroom
    strip the bed
    make bed
    extras
    S&S kitchen and bathroom
    MAD half hour - challenge time

Sticks and spoons for all needing some
    Hope you all have a great Wednesday
    Lx
    10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130x61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = 13,140
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 6th Mar 18, 10:50 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 20,921 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Oh well....I'm in the wrong...again.

Apparently it's OK to shout and take it out on me because DSS has organised to be out on his birthday, despite me reminding DH to get in touch weeks ago (and every other day since then) to sort out getting together. I've been pressured into cancelling a mums' night out to accommodate a possible, but now, unlikely family gathering in Sussex, been called selfish for reminding DH that Small has a birthday party on Sunday back here that he would like to go to, been called lazy for not rushing to get him a G&T after he got back in from his pie and pint evening with mates and generally treated like rubbish for daring to go for a bath when the TV controller was confiscated and football was yet again switched on for our enjoyment.

I'm not liking my husband tonight.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 6th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    • 24,246 Posts
    • 95,786 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    [frowns]

Himself was asked at the last minute to fill in for somebody at a gig. I did ask about the band, but he said 'just the usual, nothing spectacular about it'. I was going to go, but after a full day of work and my meds injection, I didn't feel up to it as he didn't tell me where it was until after I'd walked home - when I'd said I'd need to know before I left work so I could just go straight up and meet him. He then messaged just before 7 to say he's performing at x venue and he has no battery left on his phone.

Just aimlessly perusing FB out of boredom and somebody from the band has tagged him.

She's a drop dead gorgeous burlesque performer who does aerial work in practically nothing on stage except for glitter and spangles.

Nothing spectacular, eh?

So whilst he's off towards the end of next week (and leaving me to deal with the exhaustion of working overtime all week, about 14 hour days are expected), I've messaged an old mate and sorted out going to visit him at some point over the weekend.

Himself's always saying I should get somebody to go out with if I'm bored. Fine. I'm not exhausting myself further by helping with load in at stupid o'clock Saturday morning, being stuck in the van for 10 hours in the cold, teching for them, pretty much doing load out with limited assistance, dealing with their stresses and strops, then loading back here at OMG o'clock the following morning, then travelling back home and then cleaning the sodding kitchen so I can have something to eat before going back to work the next morning. He can do his own donkey work with the band rather than get me doing my professional occupation for free and I'll go and chat, laugh and relax with the one male friend I have that he was always a bit jealous of.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 6th Mar 18, 11:38 PM
    • 1,543 Posts
    • 22,266 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Bathroom blitzed.
    Mr N defrosted the freezer.
    Finally finished the on-line course which has been the most boring course I've ever done.
    Checked and emailed a report.
    Checked bank accounts and cc deadline.
    Sorted a few holiday photos.
    About to get paperwork organised for tomorrow.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 7th Mar 18, 7:17 AM
    • 2,111 Posts
    • 30,752 Thanks
    dancemum
    Morning folks x

I took dancepops to the doctors yesterday and he was sent to horsepital in an ambulance. He has fluid around his lungs and throughout his body. He was gasping for air. I arranged for my bil to follow the ambulance as I had to collect DS2 and take him to Cam hs.
    The new shoes were still too small so I need to arrange a return.

Today!!!8217;s plan is to find out ward detail and visit hospital and sort dancegran out. Also ds1 is showing up to collect warm clothes for his new job (he has left his key at uni so I will have to be here for that)

Washing sorted
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 7th Mar 18, 7:20 AM
    • 601 Posts
    • 7,328 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Good morning
    Hugs to all those with challenging DHs.

I am in danger of using the forbidden F word for the scrimpers challenge..yesterday I paid the bills, settled up for school trips and kit, and then frightened myself with how much it all totalled. While it wasn't probably all completely necessary, it was all already committed - does that make it a F&l? So now I am writing a truly scrimping grocery shopping list for later. And then I remembered that I am having my hair cut later...more expense. And I thought February was a tough month.

So today is my day off and I have a long list of jobs to do. Flying will have to squeeze somewhere between errands and dodging around the builder.

ETA - Dancemum, I hope Dancepops is ok x
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 7th Mar 18, 7:47 AM
    • 578 Posts
    • 8,685 Thanks
    roundtuit
    I am in danger of using the forbidden F word for the scrimpers challenge..yesterday I paid the bills, settled up for school trips and kit, and then frightened myself with how much it all totalled. While it wasn't probably all completely necessary, it was all already committed - does that make it a F&l?
    Originally posted by Fayolle
    ohhh that forbidden F word , I had another word in mind Do your best Fayolle that's all any of us can do.

Hugs to those with challenging OHs xx (Glad my OH is a budgie!)

Dancemum - hope all is progressing well for dancepops xx

Froddington - how's your mum doing?

Flying: I'm breakfasted and ready for work with pack up done; I've made the bed and done a laundry shuffle; I'll feed the birds and put out the recycling before I leave - still no sign of Mrs B with the dw

Mr T is delivering between 6 and 10 tonight - I do hope it's nearer 6 than 10, but for 1 delivery charge I'm happy whatever time it comes

Tonight the plan is to spend my 15-minutes-on-list-room: taking all the gibble off the top of the bookcase in my bedroom, dust it (damp dust - or else pigpen will think it's foggy on the South Bank!), and then sort through the gibble: wash, put back and fling accordingly.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 7th Mar 18, 8:38 AM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 51,919 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning all.

Dailies are done, dogs are walked, hobby room has been dusted. About to look at the list before starting the daily job search.

Have a great day everyone.
    Savings 2018: 1478.11
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 7th Mar 18, 11:54 AM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 20,050 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Dancemum - please keep us updated on dancepops. Sending love and strength your way xx

To all of those with ungrateful and challenging DHs - have a huge hug. It's no real help but take comfort from the fact you are most definitely not alone xx

YL -
    Your boss is behaving like my 5 year old when she's in a mood. Rise above it and enjoy the peace xx

Feeling more like me today, I've taken control of the situation as best I can and there's not much more I can do.

Dog has had a walk, washing is on the line, beds are made. Need to do some work to help DH out then assemble lunch. Not had brekkie so tummy is rumbly!
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - 171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - 99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 7th Mar 18, 1:37 PM
    • 36,728 Posts
    • 472,754 Thanks
    pigpen
    Phone upgrade sillies sorted.. thank goodness!! I shall, as soon as my new SIM arrives have a phone that actually works!! YAY to more ebeasting on the loo!! haha.

I have 2 sleeves to knit this evening, Twinkles is snoring so I am going to glitter my bathroom.. I have 45 minutes before I have to go post parcels, change Squeaks opticians appointment and go collect the grumpies from school.. I need to clear downstairs as it is a pig sty but I shall rope in the minions to assist at the weekend I think... I am so fed up of the mountains of mess in this house!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    15/05/2018 53528.71 (2.41% int.)
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 7th Mar 18, 4:17 PM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 20,050 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    NSD

Dinner prepped, DH packed lunch for tomorrow made, woodburner cleaned and re-laid x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - 171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - 99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 7th Mar 18, 4:53 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 37,994 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Sending virtual slaps to inconsiderate DHs - do they not realise that we are all doing our best here?

Thanks atb - I am his friend again, I have no idea what is going on.

DS1 has had his first tea (quiche and chips). He will have the same pasta bake, garlic bread and salad that we are all having in an hour. He walked 6 miles today doing his job and this along with the Crohns means that he is eating a ridiculous amount.

Oooh and on the scrimpy front I left the car at home and cycled to work today. This has the added bonus of stopping me from shopping as I cant carry it home!

Hope Dancepops is OK. Off to check on tea, might light the fire. Washing is out blowing on the line but its getting chilly here now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

421Posts Today

5,815Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin