Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JulesJ
    • By JulesJ 4th Mar 18, 5:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JulesJ
    Problems with cheques during switch
    • 4th Mar 18, 5:16 PM
    Problems with cheques during switch 4th Mar 18 at 5:16 PM
    We have recently switched a joint current account from TSB to Barclays and were told under 1.13 of the Barclays Current Account Switch Agreement that ... 'for 3 years after the Switch Date if your Old Bank receives payments or requests for payments which relate to your Old Account, subject to compliance with applicable laws, it will redirect these to your New Account.' - we are finding that there are outstanding cheques drawn on the old account that are being returned as 'account closed'. I spoke to Barclays who pointed out clause 1.13 and said that TSB should request funds from them to pay. I went to TSB and pointed out section 1.13 - they told me that this was Barclays agreement and not their's and that outstanding cheques presented after the switch date will not be paid as the account is closed! They told us to contact people and reissue cheques drawn on Barclays. Who is correct? It has been very embarrassing to have a series of cheques 'bounce' through no fault of our own.
Page 1
    • richardmk
    • By richardmk 4th Mar 18, 5:27 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    richardmk
    • 4th Mar 18, 5:27 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 5:27 PM
    https://www.tsb.co.uk/sites/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobkey=id&blobtable=Mun goBlobs&blobwhere=1490880922744&ssbinary=true

Refer to the TSB guide section 1.20
    I would register a complaint and ask for compensation for failing to act in accordance with customers instructions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,557Posts Today

6,593Users online

Martin's Twitter