Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ak92
    • By Ak92 4th Mar 18, 3:43 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Ak92
    Santander 3% E-Saver
    • 4th Mar 18, 3:43 PM
    Santander 3% E-Saver 4th Mar 18 at 3:43 PM
    Hello everyone hope you're enjoying your weekend, I have a quick question... I currently put the maximum 200 a month into Santander 3% e saver and have been for 3 months only. I also have a Flex direct that I contribute to. I was wondering if I could close the Santander and just contribute more to my nationwide flex and earn the 5% rather than 3%. Would I be able to close the account without any penalty etc?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Steve_xx
    • By Steve_xx 4th Mar 18, 4:27 PM
    • 6,530 Posts
    • 2,733 Thanks
    Steve_xx
    • 4th Mar 18, 4:27 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 4:27 PM
    Hello everyone hope you're enjoying your weekend, I have a quick question... I currently put the maximum 200 a month into Santander 3% e saver and have been for 3 months only. I also have a Flex direct that I contribute to. I was wondering if I could close the Santander and just contribute more to my nationwide flex and earn the 5% rather than 3%. Would I be able to close the account without any penalty etc?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Ak92
    It seems as if you can do:

Can I withdraw money?

Yes, withdrawals can be made at any time by transfer to your Santander current account in Online and Mobile Banking.
    If you make a withdrawal and then pay it back in, it will count towards your 200 monthly limit.

https://www.santander.co.uk/uk/savings/regular-esaver

Maybe leave 1 in it until it matures, just to on the safe side.
    Last edited by Steve_xx; 04-03-2018 at 4:31 PM.
    • Ak92
    • By Ak92 4th Mar 18, 5:57 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ak92
    • 4th Mar 18, 5:57 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 5:57 PM
    I may just do that then, and leave a in there. Thanks for your reply !!!128077;!!!127997;
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,217Posts Today

8,439Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin