Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dllive
    • By dllive 4th Mar 18, 3:33 PM
    • 382Posts
    • 28Thanks
    dllive
    Wickes - upcoming sale?
    • 4th Mar 18, 3:33 PM
    Wickes - upcoming sale? 4th Mar 18 at 3:33 PM
    Hi all

Ive just been to Wickes and ordered a kitchen. It came to about 8k. He gave me 500 off (I didnt haggle, he just reduced it for me).

However, as I walked out the door I remembered that Easter was coming up and these stores usually have Easter sales dont they? I will be gutted if I find out - in April - that I could have got 50% off of the same kitchen!

Is there a way to find out what upcoming sales there are for places like Wickes so I can cancel my current order?

Also, Im thinking of getting my bathroom and ensuite from Wickes (and probably 3k worth of flooring). Can I haggle a deal with them if I order it all from Wickes?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Box28
    • By Box28 4th Mar 18, 3:42 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Box28
    • 4th Mar 18, 3:42 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 3:42 PM
    Many of these 'sales' are mere marketing cons. The same 'discount' will be applied in different ways during the year. So I wouldn't worry about it.

As for haggling - of course always try and haggle. But best to get quotes from a few different places so you know ball park figures.
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 4th Mar 18, 7:04 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 555 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:04 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:04 PM
    Hi all

Ive just been to Wickes and ordered a kitchen. It came to about 8k. He gave me 500 off (I didnt haggle, he just reduced it for me).

However, as I walked out the door I remembered that Easter was coming up and these stores usually have Easter sales dont they? I will be gutted if I find out - in April - that I could have got 50% off of the same kitchen!

Is there a way to find out what upcoming sales there are for places like Wickes so I can cancel my current order?

Also, Im thinking of getting my bathroom and ensuite from Wickes (and probably 3k worth of flooring). Can I haggle a deal with them if I order it all from Wickes?

Thanks
    Originally posted by dllive
    If i was paying 11k plus the cost of a bathroom and ensuite i would definatley be expecting a large discount,as was stated get some other quotes and then go back and negotiate the price down
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • bris
    • By bris 4th Mar 18, 7:54 PM
    • 7,581 Posts
    • 6,596 Thanks
    bris
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:54 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:54 PM
    8k for a Wickes kitchen and he gave you 500 off, you made his day.

Now go get another 2 similar quotes and you will see why that 500 of is pretty much an insult.

Howdens are similar in price to Wickes but you need a trade account holder for them.

Oh wait I just realised you have already ordered it, so they damage may already be done.
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 4th Mar 18, 8:29 PM
    • 15,713 Posts
    • 21,581 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:29 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:29 PM
    8k is the quote we have just got from diy-kitchens (online) for our large kitchen, which includes quartz worktops, double oven and induction hob. Not including fitting as we are doing that ourselves.

Sales are also a load of rubbish. It is always easier if you go armed with another quote so that you can haggle harder!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • dllive
    • By dllive 5th Mar 18, 6:11 AM
    • 382 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    dllive
    • 5th Mar 18, 6:11 AM
    • 5th Mar 18, 6:11 AM
    8k is the quote we have just got from diy-kitchens (online) for our large kitchen, which includes quartz worktops, double oven and induction hob. Not including fitting as we are doing that ourselves.

Sales are also a load of rubbish. It is always easier if you go armed with another quote so that you can haggle harder!
    Originally posted by pinkshoes
    I would have bought from diy-kitchens, but I didnt feel confident buying it all online.

Im getting the kitchen delivered mid April. He said I have until 72 hours before it being delivered that I can cancel the order and get my deposit back. So now I have the Wickes kitchen spec/plan I can use that to get another quote? (from diy-kitchens, Benchworkq etc...)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,343Posts Today

5,534Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin