Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WillowtheWisp
    • By WillowtheWisp 4th Mar 18, 3:01 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    WillowtheWisp
    BT promised incentives not received
    • 4th Mar 18, 3:01 PM
    BT promised incentives not received 4th Mar 18 at 3:01 PM
    Is anyone out there having problems getting promised incentives from BT?
    I signed up for a Broadband/landline package last October, after seeing the deal on the wonderful MSE web site. The package promised 120 prepaid mastercard reward and 40 M&S voucher. After many hours and e-mails to various BT teams I have finally received my M&S voucher BUT STILL NO 120 CARD.

On 20.12.17 (over TWO MONTHS AGO) I received an e-mail from BT saying the card had been sent but could take up to 45 working days to arrive (Why so long? Who knows!) Having waited long past this deadline (I've counted the 'working' days and we're WAY past 45) I'm beginning to lose the will to live. Needless to say, I've 'phoned, e-mailed (the last was 10 days ago ...............but yes, you guessed it ~NO REPLY)

With inflation, I wonder what my 120 will be worth if/when I finally get it? At this rate, it will be going towards paying for my old-age walking-frame! Surely this breaches trade laws? Would I be legally entitled to deduct the amount owed from my next BT bill?

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I 'blow a valve'..........
    Last edited by WillowtheWisp; 04-03-2018 at 3:04 PM.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 4th Mar 18, 3:33 PM
    • 20,133 Posts
    • 11,083 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 4th Mar 18, 3:33 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 3:33 PM
    Would I be legally entitled to deduct the amount owed from my next BT bill?
    Originally posted by WillowtheWisp
    If you rashly decided to withhold money from your bill, you will go into arrears and risk having your services cut off. Ultimately you could even end up with a CCJ.

So, the answer is a resounding no.

All you can legally do is to continue to hound them about the missing incentive..
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 4th Mar 18, 4:25 PM
    • 4,176 Posts
    • 9,381 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 4th Mar 18, 4:25 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 4:25 PM
    I I'm beginning to lose the will to live.
    Originally posted by WillowtheWisp
    Over a pre paid mastercard?

Blimey.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • WillowtheWisp
    • By WillowtheWisp 4th Mar 18, 8:24 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    WillowtheWisp
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:24 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:24 PM
    Thanks for this ~ I suspected as much but just wanted it confirmed ~ I will continue to hound ~ I don't give up easily and will get there in the end. Sad, though, that I have to expend so much time and energy pursuing something that is legally mine.................
    • boatman
    • By boatman 4th Mar 18, 10:27 PM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 2,790 Thanks
    boatman
    • 4th Mar 18, 10:27 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 10:27 PM
    • WillowtheWisp
    • By WillowtheWisp 5th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    WillowtheWisp
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    Thank you ~ I've already done this ~ waiting for a reply from the moderator........
    • WillowtheWisp
    • By WillowtheWisp 5th Mar 18, 1:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    WillowtheWisp
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:16 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 1:16 PM
    Just an expression of frustration ...........not to be taken literally
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,744Posts Today

7,916Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin