Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 4th Mar 18, 2:53 PM
    • 722Posts
    • 4,651Thanks
    ploppy57
    Dedicated phone/tablet for survey sites etc?
    • 4th Mar 18, 2:53 PM
    Dedicated phone/tablet for survey sites etc? 4th Mar 18 at 2:53 PM
    Have signed up to a couple of survey sites in the past but with little luck and just seem to get junk emails and advertising since.
    Is it a good idea to have a totally separate phone or tablet for such things with different email and phone number? Although I would imagine you would have to keep your original email for registering PayPal?
    Hoping to start a few more and make some money
    DMP March '15 57,549. Now 44,430. almost 23% paid. Went SM Feb '18 to get DF sooner.
    Emergency fund #231... Building up slowly.
    Christmas '18 challenge... 22 /300
    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the end of every day"
Page 1
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 4th Mar 18, 5:53 PM
    • 37,053 Posts
    • 249,384 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 4th Mar 18, 5:53 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 5:53 PM
    I haven't had any junk emails/advertising as a result of signing up to "legitimate" sites.

You can always add another e-mail address to your PayPal account so you don't have to stick to the existing one.
    Internet goodness 24853
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 4th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 776 Thanks
    mikep22
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    Have signed up to a couple of survey sites in the past but with little luck and just seem to get junk emails and advertising since.
    Is it a good idea to have a totally separate phone or tablet for such things with different email and phone number? Although I would imagine you would have to keep your original email for registering PayPal?
    Hoping to start a few more and make some money
    Originally posted by ploppy57
    I have received plenty of emails from survey sites, but not ones I would consider spam, and I am pretty sure you should be able to turn off the notifications (but then whats the point?)

I do not think having a dedicated phone or tablet would stop spam in anycase. If you want to use a different email, you can do that on an existing machine. Or set up a filter on your current email so all emails from, say, globaltestmarket, go into a specific folder.
    Debt: May 15: 17335 Jul 16: 13874 Jan 17: 11,606
    • H1a3rt
    • By H1a3rt 7th Mar 18, 12:14 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    H1a3rt
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:14 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:14 PM
    I have two email address. One I use for friends, family, banking, sky, BT and other legitimate things. The other I use for signing up to any kind of site I expect to get spam from especially survey type sites, this way I do need to wade through tons of spam to find an email I am looking for.

I still check both email every day and I get around 50 junk email a day in tho the spam address (as I call it). I get zero junk on my other account.
    • DiveboyUK
    • By DiveboyUK 7th Mar 18, 12:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DiveboyUK
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:59 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:59 PM
    You can get a free 0345 number that makes you a few pence when people call you just set one of those up and use that. Then if people do call you, you'll be happy to chat all day.

As for email, I registered a domain and i can have anything@domain dot co dot uk and forward them all to a Gmail account or one mailbox. If you get spammed you can block that one bespoke email.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

874Posts Today

6,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin