Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nicklt
    • By Nicklt 4th Mar 18, 2:44 PM
    • 312Posts
    • 243Thanks
    Nicklt
    Car going back to finance company, fault developed
    • 4th Mar 18, 2:44 PM
    Car going back to finance company, fault developed 4th Mar 18 at 2:44 PM
    Hi,

My car is being returned to the finance company under Voluntary Termination (Only used now for the commute and decided to bike it instead).

They are collecting it Wednesday, it's been well looked after with regular servicing (due now but not bothering it's going back). All mechanical issues sorted etc etc.

However today I've noticed a squealing from the passenger's side wheel, could be a stone stuck between the pad and disc (although doesn't go away when braking), discs and pads are only a couple months old so could be something to do with that maybe - anyway, the letter from the finance company about the VT doesn't state anything about being charged for mechanical issues, just it it's driveable (which it is) and about the log book, manual etc.

In others experience will they try and change me for any mechanical issues that come to light? Just if so might be cheaper for me to get it into a garage before Wednesday.

Thanks.
    11K Challenge

5,785/11k
Page 1
    • docmatt
    • By docmatt 4th Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    • 870 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    docmatt
    • 4th Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    Have you been driving it in the snow? Could be a build up of crap. Maybe go somewhere and do a decent spot of reversing and harsh braking.
    • Nicklt
    • By Nicklt 4th Mar 18, 7:41 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 243 Thanks
    Nicklt
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:41 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:41 PM
    Hi,

Yes I did drive into work through the snow on Friday and didn't drive again till today, I did notice a slight squeal for about 30 seconds on Friday then it went away. Drove through pretty deep snow. I'll have a go at driving like a loon to see if it dislodges anything (somewhere safe of course)

Thanks
    11K Challenge

5,785/11k
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 4th Mar 18, 8:02 PM
    • 26,954 Posts
    • 10,852 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:02 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:02 PM
    Get it checked first, if you delve into the terms im sure it will say more than as long as its driveable.

Things like it being in a condition relative to its ages and miles, and odd noises will certainly be outside that. Getting it fixed yourself will usually be cheaper than them doing it.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

441Posts Today

5,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin