Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lytton
    • By lytton 4th Mar 18, 1:57 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 12Thanks
    lytton
    Appen social media evaluator
    • 4th Mar 18, 1:57 PM
    Appen social media evaluator 4th Mar 18 at 1:57 PM
    I've scouted around the board and found a few mentions to Appen, particularly in the Appen Butler hill thread although that appears to have gone very quiet. I'm new to posting here (but am a veteran when it comes to stopping by out of curiosity) and I've heard Appen mentioned elsewhere so I've given it a shot. I signed up for one of the social media evaluation posts and have been told that from tomorrow I'll start a week long qualification period to make sure I cut the mustard. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in this particular field and was able to give me any general advice. I appreciate that my query is pretty vague and I don't expect people to waste hours typing an in-depth review for a noobie, but I guess what I was hoping for was any pointers as to the 'toughness' of the qualification period and whether there are any curve balls that I should be aware of. For reference, the project I'm about to do the qualification period for is the Falcon ads deal. They've estimated that I'll have to do 5 hours of study followed by a test. I'm also wondering whether the 5 hours is about right, or whether it's an over/under-estimate. Like I say, any useful tips or even just encouragement would be hugely appreciated as I'm really keen to earn some pocket money whilst I do the full-time stay at home dad thing (being out of work after 10 years of solid employment definitely takes some getting used to). If there's any rules that could be breached with regards to information I'm happy to receive PMs if it's not to be discussed in public forums (I promise i'm not trying to cheat, merely get an idea of whether Appen is a genuinely viable source of part-time income). Thanks in advance guys.
Page 1
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 7th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    • 998 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    scaredofdebt
    • 7th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    Hi,

I've been doing the Falcon ads for a few months now. There is a lot of information to read when you first start but I don't remember exactly how long it took me to go through it all, probably around 2-3 hours.

The test is pretty simple and a lot of it is common sense.

The qualification period isn't tough really, just do what they ask and you will be fine.

Make sure you raise a support ticket if you have any technical problems is the best advice I can give.

Good luck!
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £1,099
    • lytton
    • By lytton 9th Mar 18, 9:05 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    lytton
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:05 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:05 AM
    Thanks for the response. I got the rejection email this morning saying that I haven’t passed the qualification. I spent plenty of time reading the literature and had all the source material open at the time, making sure to follow the desired formats to the letter etc. Honestly I thought I couldn’t have done any better and it ‘seemed’ relatively straightforward so quite frustrated really. Naturally there is no opportunity for feedback. Oh well. Guess I’ll research similar roles with comparable services and try again.
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 12th Mar 18, 1:09 PM
    • 998 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    scaredofdebt
    • 12th Mar 18, 1:09 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 1:09 PM
    Maybe they've changed the qualification, I did mine in October last year. You can keep all the training material open in another browser while you are doing the test if you need to refer back to it, I didn't mention that above as I thought it was obvious but apologies if not!

You could try to apply for a position with Arise if you want another work from home position, they are genuine and do pay but the rate isn't as good as Appen, but you can do more hours if you wish.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £1,099
    • wesleyad
    • By wesleyad 12th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    • 207 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    wesleyad
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    I would also add try for other positions if any are available. Some roles are just not meant to be, I've been with them 5 years and may struggle with some posts but excel in others. They are a pretty good company if you can get in the front door.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,999Posts Today

8,002Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin