Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ronbell101
    • By ronbell101 4th Mar 18, 1:23 PM
    • 107Posts
    • 9Thanks
    ronbell101
    Sky Q Viewing Card
    • 4th Mar 18, 1:23 PM
    Sky Q Viewing Card 4th Mar 18 at 1:23 PM
    had Sky Q installed In January with no problems until around 4 days ago. When turning the box on from standby got the message that the viewing card had to be reinserted,done this for the 4 days...contacted sky this morning re the card problem CSA told me a new card would be ordered...but until the new card arrived and was active my current card would be disabled until then !! and cancelled the card as we were speaking !! I asked him to leave it til tomorrow as today was a viewing day (as snowed in ) told me once the request had been started it could not be cancelled! I think this is terrible customer service (and I told the CSA during the phone call) surely keep the current card active UNTIL the new one arrived !!any thoughts guys ??
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 4th Mar 18, 8:40 PM
    • 20,127 Posts
    • 11,074 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:40 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:40 PM
    I think this is terrible customer service (and I told the CSA during the phone call) surely keep the current card active UNTIL the new one arrived !!any thoughts guys ??
    Originally posted by ronbell101
    Obviously a fraud prevention measure (rather than a customer service issue). Not cancelling the original viewing card would mean that there would be a duplicate available allowing access to your level of subscription. Their systems probably only allow generation of a new card on cancellation of the old.

Probably should have told the call centre operator that the card hadn't failed completely before allowing him to cancel it.
    Freeview channels only for you during the next few days...
    • ronbell101
    • By ronbell101 5th Mar 18, 5:02 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ronbell101
    • 5th Mar 18, 5:02 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 5:02 PM
    Thanks for the reply I understand that they need to be vigilant with Viewing Cards due to fraud but they have the ability to switch viewing cards on and off. So keep the existing card "on" until the new card arrives their systems would surely show if "some one else" was using my "old" card !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,002Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin