PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 4th March 2018

Options

Comments

• poppy811
    poppy811 Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    More snow last night but at last a thaw is starting. A friend put out an appeal on Facebook to see if someone could clear the path so I could get more logs in and within 10 minutes the job was done and a wheelbarrow of logs was delivered to my door. I was so grateful as I know the oil for central heating is running quite low and delivery lorries cannot access the steep hill. The joys of country living! I have managed to take the rubbish out and feed the birds but apart from that I think its fire lighting time and more knitting.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

DD2 is at home, they went in to visit yesterday afternoon, she had stopped vomiting, they were told that if she was ok at the end of visiting, 8.30pm!! she could go home. I had a message from her this morning, she slept from the time she got home until she messaged me, she was going to have something to eat and go back to bed. I have been told very firmly I am not to go in. Rest is what she needs. I will go later in the week and do any shopping she wants, DGD is having a few days off work to look after her. So we can breathe again.

I still have concerns, we will have to see how this affects her, she is a single mum with a mortgage etc, I have no idea how long the Dr will sign her off for, will have to have a chat when we do see her.

Another bad night, was reading at 1am, very late getting up......

It appears to be thawing here, there is still some snow left, but the front grass is clear. I kept the heat on again last night but have left it turned down this morning.

Roast pork etc for supper, I did another strawberries in jelly yesterday, its one way I can get fruit into OH, we had it with a small scoop of ice cream.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Grandchildren have just gone home and I'm wondering what to do next. Such a lot to do but need a kick up the bum to start.

It's thawing here slowly but its foggy...still not good weather to be out in. I hope my daffodils have survived.

Csarina thinking of your daughter and sending you big hugs Holly.

Onwards and forwards.

Have a great day all
  • poppy811
    poppy811 Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure what happened to my post so will try again! Yesterday a friend put an appeal out on Facebook to ask if someone could clear a path to my log store and within 5 minutes it was done with a wheelbarrow full of logs delivered to my door. I was so grateful as oil for central heating is going down rapidly and no chance that a tanker coult up the hill. The joys of country living!Thawing slowly today so have got the rubbish out and fed the birds. Nothing more planned apart from fire lighting and knitting. Keep warm and safe everybody
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We had something of a thaw yesterday, and although the garden is still covered (could be interesting for our Council inspection tomorrow) the roads are not too dreadful; the estate roads are a bit hairy, but the grid roads are ok. Anyways, thankfully Mr LW was able to get to the Farmers Market at Olney.
    We are almost out of cheese (our main source of protein) and we don't have many eggs left either. He was also able to get a jar of honey - I like to have a spare in the cupboard, and always ask him to get this when we start the previous "spare".
    He said the beekeeper's wife was manning the stall, as Gunther (the beekeeper) is poorly. :(
    Anyways, we now also have a goodly supply of FR eggs, and 3.5 kilos of cheese, plus half a round of Warwickshire Bard (a Brie-like cheese).
    No cream to be had (we usually have a tub of unpasteurised cream once a month) so I can't do the planned quiche - never mind, we can have veggie toad-in-the-hole instead.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon :wave:

Is it just me that starts writing this post first thing then the world gets in the way and before you know it its afternoon :o

Had a nice chilled morning maddiemay i do the cleaning bursts sometimes usually half hours followed by half hour off (that gives me chance to watch a 4 in a bed episode :D Today though the bursts have been during the breaks in Sunday Brunch ....it really is amazing what gets done in 3/4 minutes....2 loads of washing, dishwasher emptied filled and on again, a chinese chicken curry made for tonight, fridge cleaned out and lounge tidied and Grammed :cool:

Last night had a chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and wrapped in bacon with bbq sauce minted new pots and peas :) twas lush if not a bit messy. Took double the time to cook than expected I fear that my oven is on the way out (fair play though its a built in one which came with the house when bought new ...that will be 27 years ago :eek:......so fair play its done its job:D) may pick up a oven thermostat to make sure.

Raining here now so all back to normal then.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maddiemay I like working to a list. I know that sometimes my motivation goes giblongey so if I suspect this might happen I start off with 3 things. Get up. Have a wee. Eat your toast. Then I have the satisfaction of 3 things crossed off before I've even got going.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone :hello:

Thank goodness the snow has all gone here. It was making me very depressed and miserable. I would never cope up country with all the snow there. We had enough so that the kids could go out sledging when the school were shut and then thankfully the temperature went up combined with a bit of rain and the roads were clear again.

I have been on babysitting duty for my grand children for the past couple of days. They were so excited to actually see snow as it has been over 8 years since we had any so my grand daughter was only 2 and my grand son hadn't been born. The girls took them sledging and built a snowman and then it was time to come in and get warmed up. Unfortunately I shrunk my grand daughters hat in the tumble dryer so I will make her a new one :o.

csarina, I was so relieved to hear that your daughter is going to be ok, her angels were certainly looking out for her x
    elona, that day out sounded so lovely with your daughters x
    Holly, if it's any comfort to you, I go days without getting dressed. It is very hard to motivate yourself when you feel so rubbish. You seem to be doing all the right things though, sending you a big hug x
    poppy, what lovely neighbours you have x

Steve is cooking a lovely bit of beef for dinner and it smells lovely. We have an apple pie for dessert so it feels like a traditional Sunday here. Poor Phoebe has a cold so is walking around sniffing and the others are still upstairs.

I am knitting a scarf, I had to rip out all of last night's work as I had miscounted and the pattern would not work. It was quite annoying but it happens. I have 5 projects on the go at the moment so I pick and choose according to what mood I am in. I will do some more this afternoon with a good film on the telly to listen to.

I hope you all have a lovely day today whatever you are up to, take care and keep warm xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi chums I have a to-do list, and a been -done;) one and I try to balance them out together :).

Thaw has set in pretty quickly and I can now see, not only the pavement, but the road as well :):):)

I shall be off to DDs later for dinner . Eldest DD came this morning with her Ma-in-law Margaret, and we had a good natter and I made some Melting Moment's biscuits for them (I was virtuous and didn't taste any ,although I was sorely tempted:tongue::)), Be glad when Lent is over , hard when you enjoy making biscuits as I do:(

Hope everyone is safe and dry and warm ,fingers crossed the horrible white stuff will go away and we can have some lovely spring weather for a change

Enjoy your Sunday

JackieO xx
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 March 2018 at 2:29PM
    Options
    Afternoon all

The snow here is nearly all gone, just a bit lingering in the corners of the garden. We went out to Sainsbugs this morning, not our fave supermarket but large potholes have opened up on our route to Lidl. The traffic lights have been out on the big roundabout on the way to Tesco so we decided on Sainsbugs. Boy was it rammed and cars were piling in as we left.

We got all we needed and was impressed by the stock they did have. No chicken though and not lots of meat or milk, but we bought a loaf of bread baked in store.

We drove through a heavy rain storm on the way home so that cleared most of the snow from the drive.

Csarina glad to hear your DD is out of hospital and on the mend.
    LW yay to Mr LW getting the provisions in.
    Holly H big hugs Spring is just around the corner.

Have a good day folks and may your snow melt soon.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family