Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trishandbubs
    • By trishandbubs 3rd Mar 18, 10:07 PM
    • 84Posts
    • 43Thanks
    trishandbubs
    Santander bank and payments
    • 3rd Mar 18, 10:07 PM
    Santander bank and payments 3rd Mar 18 at 10:07 PM
    Hi all
    I will be calling Santander tomorrow but hoping someone else has come across this. I paid all my bills online on the 28th and got confirmation of these being paid (stupidly I didn't record these) the funds left my bank but never actually showed on my mobile app. I've just checked tonight and the funds have been added back into my bank account this has left me a wee bit confused. I'm presuming that due to the bad weather the payments never actually connected to where they were going. Has this happened to anyone else before? I'm presuming I will just need to repay and take the hit on the one that is now overdue (needed paid by 4th march).

As I said I will phone the bank in the morning it's just really annoying me lol
Page 1
    • bengal-stripe
    • By bengal-stripe 4th Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    • 3,192 Posts
    • 2,085 Thanks
    bengal-stripe
    • 4th Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    • 4th Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    I'm presuming that due to the bad weather the payments never actually connected to where they were going.
    Originally posted by trishandbubs
    You better check with Santander what went wrong with your payments, but it has nothing to do with the weather.

Banks no longer send out young lads on bicycles to deliver payment instructions to other banks (although some people still refer to 'telegraphic transfers').
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 4th Mar 18, 7:26 PM
    • 4,526 Posts
    • 1,416 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:26 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:26 PM
    Why would you need to record them - isn't that what your statement is for?

You'll need to confirm with Santander but if the payment bounces back on the journal entries then it suggests a technical issue with Santander or the recipient bank.
    • BooJewels
    • By BooJewels 4th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 273 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    BooJewels
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    Why would you need to record them - isn't that what your statement is for?
    Originally posted by Heng Leng
    I always take and save a screen grab of manual payments I make or set up (the confirmation screen) and also record the date and time on the paper bill if it's one I'm paying manually.

Just for such an eventuality and my own records. The amount of threads we see here with people making payments to erroneous accounts and their pennies disappearing, you'd think more people would think it sensible to keep a copy of all their transactions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

172Posts Today

1,879Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin