Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Starry-eyed
    • By Starry-eyed 3rd Mar 18, 7:49 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 22Thanks
    Starry-eyed
    Inventory for rental property
    • 3rd Mar 18, 7:49 PM
    Inventory for rental property 3rd Mar 18 at 7:49 PM
    Hi

Sorry, this is no longer relevant. But can!!!8217;t delete the post.
    Last edited by Starry-eyed; 03-03-2018 at 8:33 PM.
Page 1
    • theartfullodger
    • By theartfullodger 3rd Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    • 9,592 Posts
    • 12,904 Thanks
    theartfullodger
    • 3rd Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 9:41 PM
    The internet never forgets....
    Hi

My LL is denying that he is responsible for the washing machine that is listed in the inventory, as well as in the original advertisement for the property. The machine needs repairing and he has said that it!!!8217;s up to me to repair it and not him. Is this correct? If not, what rights do I have, and if I have to buy another machine, can the LL then decide that I am responsible for the one he left originally, should I leave the property?

Confused!..
    • Starry-eyed
    • By Starry-eyed 4th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Starry-eyed
    • 4th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    So I!!!8217;ve found out. It!!!8217;s a shame really that the posts can!!!8217;t be deleted if the person who actually posted it has decided it!!!8217;s no longer relevant!!!8217; as it!!!8217;s been dealt with. Hey ho, the internet is definitely not a place where you can control even your own posts. Lesson learned.
    • takman
    • By takman 4th Mar 18, 4:08 PM
    • 3,397 Posts
    • 2,998 Thanks
    takman
    • 4th Mar 18, 4:08 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 4:08 PM
    So I!!!8217;ve found out. It!!!8217;s a shame really that the posts can!!!8217;t be deleted if the person who actually posted it has decided it!!!8217;s no longer relevant!!!8217; as it!!!8217;s been dealt with. Hey ho, the internet is definitely not a place where you can control even your own posts. Lesson learned.
    Originally posted by Starry-eyed
    What you should do is keep the original post and then if it gets resolved post the outcome for people to see.

It's abit rude and ignorant to delete your post when it could potentially help other people. Especially when your posting history shows you have only ever posted on here for help and have never tried to help other people !.
    • Starry-eyed
    • By Starry-eyed 4th Mar 18, 6:20 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Starry-eyed
    • 4th Mar 18, 6:20 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 6:20 PM
    Takman - is it a prerequisite in order to ask for help in here, you have to give it back in return? Surely if I feel that my advice is not as important as those people who actually know what they are talking about, I am allowed to remain silent? I would hate to give wrong advice and I!!!8217;m certainly not a know-it-all nor pretend to be.

I didn!!!8217;t expect to get abuse just because I deleted my post and I apologise to those I have clearly upset by doing this.
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 4th Mar 18, 6:51 PM
    • 7,988 Posts
    • 14,529 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    • 4th Mar 18, 6:51 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 6:51 PM
    I didn`t expect to get abuse just because I deleted my post and I apologise to those I have clearly upset by doing this.
    Originally posted by Starry-eyed
    Some people are here to receive help and some to give it and some a bit of both. Any of that is fine.

You were complaining that after you deleted your posts, someone else posted a copy of it. The reason they do that is so that when the next person comes along with the same problem they will be able to search for key words, your post and thread will come up, and they will see the help that was provided.

If you delete your post, the next people coming along with same sort of problems have nothing to search for, so they have to start another thread from scratch again, and all the people who posted help last time have to post it all again the next time. That is creating extra work for those who are offering their time and opinions for free, and is not welcome.

Takman was just suggesting that as you are here to receive help, it seems fair that you would want to give back to the community and help other people yourself by leaving the threads intact, rather than doing the opposite - deleting and hiding them. When you look at if from that perspective it is difficult to argue with it, even if you didn't think you were being rude.
    • Starry-eyed
    • By Starry-eyed 4th Mar 18, 7:21 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Starry-eyed
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:21 PM
    • 4th Mar 18, 7:21 PM
    Bowlhead99

Thanks for explaining it to me on a much less aggressive way than others have. I understand now the logic behind not deleting the post as it didnít cross my mind from the perspective of the person who had posted a reply.

Incidentally I have actually helped a few people who have PMíd me asking for my experience, as they didnít want to discuss the matter further in the forum.

I am not in here often, maybe just twice a year, and I do appreciate the help and advice I receive.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,203Posts Today

6,257Users online

Martin's Twitter