Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Carob
    • By Carob 3rd Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Carob
    Help return won’t fit through door!
    • 3rd Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    Help return won’t fit through door! 3rd Mar 18 at 1:06 PM
    Hello everyone, I am new to the site but am hoping for some advise. I ordered an electric reclining chair from very in November it stopped working and I eventually managed to get very to send an upholsterer to check it. He said prob been fitting with wrong motor, might work occasionally but will burn out shortly if it hasn’t already, very will replace it. Been a real struggle to get complaint in to very having not heard from them.
    They have arranged collection despite me telling them I had to recline the chair to get it in my front door! I can’t recline it now so can’t get it out! They told me to ask the white arrow driver to dismantle it. I have said not comfortable with this and I don’t think they will, can you find out? Very said no you ask them! Collection has been booked for Tuesday, the chair is one piece! I have tried white arrow one line, keeps saying no operators available
    Do know what to do, hunny had severe back problem and I have fibromyalgia so won’t be trying to dismantle a chair that not meant to be taken apart. Any ideas? Thanks. Caroline
Page 1
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 3rd Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    • 3,535 Posts
    • 5,457 Thanks
    another casualty
    • 3rd Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    I bought an electric recliner from beales last summer. Customer service great.
    What happened when I had chair delivered, 2 guys came in and put it together in about 5mins or so. I would imagine that the couriers collecting your chair will dismantle the same way .
    Maybe , you could send a polite email to white arrow and very just confirming their collection and politely reminding them of the issue you are concerned with??
    • cajef
    • By cajef 3rd Mar 18, 3:36 PM
    • 4,770 Posts
    • 3,814 Thanks
    cajef
    • 3rd Mar 18, 3:36 PM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 3:36 PM
    We have two reclining chairs in our lounge that will not fit through the door when assembled they came in through a patio door, when we were having a carpet fitted we needed to put them in another room a quick google showed that the backs come off by simply pushing spring fasteners either side and they just lift off, takes about 30 seconds.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 3rd Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    • 5,223 Posts
    • 5,772 Thanks
    societys child
    • 3rd Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    I have said not comfortable with this and I don!!!8217;t think they will, can you find out? Very said no you ask them!
    Well ask them, or do you secretly want to keep the broken chair . . . ?

• diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 5th Mar 18, 9:24 AM
    • 596 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    diamond dave
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:24 AM
    recliner chair
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:24 AM
    I found out to my cost that the backs come off all recliners - had to move a 2 seater recliner and chair and struggled like **** to get these two in to the house. The men delivering the new suite to my daughters house told me how to do it - just a week too late!!
    • Carob
    • By Carob 6th Mar 18, 12:46 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Carob
    • 6th Mar 18, 12:46 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 12:46 AM
    Thank you every one for the replies, we have tried to take the chair apart with no luck, no I don’t want to secretly keep the chair, sarcastic replies are not helpful! I’ve been trying to contact white arrow via there web site which is what they advise you to do on their phone line, the online hel
    • Carob
    • By Carob 6th Mar 18, 12:49 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Carob
    • 6th Mar 18, 12:49 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 12:49 AM
    Help constantly says no adviser available! I didn!!!8217;t want to have to ask the collection people and they then so no as it states on their website item must be measured and suitability checked to enter the property, although this is a collection I assume it would be the same.
    • Alfrescodave
    • By Alfrescodave 6th Mar 18, 10:17 AM
    • 579 Posts
    • 315 Thanks
    Alfrescodave
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:17 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:17 AM
    Strange response from Very. if they plan to replace it then why don't they collect the broken one when they deliver the new one.

If you are unsuccessful with todays? collection then I would push the supplier towards a better response especially as it is still within the guarantee period.
    • Jonesya
    • By Jonesya 6th Mar 18, 7:01 PM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    Jonesya
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:01 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:01 PM
    Tricky situation.

The chair won't fit through the door, you can't dismantle the chair, the delivery drivers might be able to dismantle it but you don't want to ask them to.

Probably the easiest option is to find someone to ask the delivery drivers to dismantle the chair.

But failing that you want a builder... to make the door bigger.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,359Users online

Martin's Twitter