Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JeanJeannie52
    • By JeanJeannie52 2nd Mar 18, 9:17 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JeanJeannie52
    British Gas Cause Large Debit On My Account
    • 2nd Mar 18, 9:17 PM
    British Gas Cause Large Debit On My Account 2nd Mar 18 at 9:17 PM
    I am currently in a dispute with British Gas due to a debit of 790.93 on my dual fuel account due to how they have handled my account. The way they are dealing with my complaint is ludicrous however I have now put it in the hands of Mark Hodges CEO of British Gas.

Below is a list of contact details for British Gas you may need when making a complaint.

Dedicated Directors Team 0333 202 9774
    customer.service@britishgas.co.uk
    customercomplaints@britishgas.co.uk
    mark.hodges@britishgas.co.uk CEO
    iain.conn@centrica.co.uk Chief executive of British Gas parent company.

Be persistent if you get no joy escalate the complaint yourself by e-mailing Mark Hodges
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 2nd Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 754 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 2nd Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    • 2nd Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    You have been providing regular meter readings? And they're actual readings, not a bunch of estimated ones?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 3rd Mar 18, 9:48 AM
    • 5,723 Posts
    • 3,510 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 3rd Mar 18, 9:48 AM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 9:48 AM
    I am currently in a dispute with British Gas due to a debit of 790.93 on my dual fuel account due to how they have handled my account. The way they are dealing with my complaint is ludicrous however I have now put it in the hands of Mark Hodges CEO of British Gas.

Below is a list of contact details for British Gas you may need when making a complaint.

Dedicated Directors Team 0333 202 9774
    customer.service@britishgas.co.uk
    customercomplaints@britishgas.co.uk
    mark.hodges@britishgas.co.uk CEO
    iain.conn@centrica.co.uk Chief executive of British Gas parent company.

Be persistent if you get no joy escalate the complaint yourself by e-mailing Mark Hodges
    Originally posted by JeanJeannie52
    If you want to pursue this via The energy Ombudsman then you really need to make sure that any response is in the form of a formal response to a complaint that you can then take to The Energy Ombudsman.
    • JeanJeannie52
    • By JeanJeannie52 5th Mar 18, 9:35 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JeanJeannie52
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:35 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:35 PM
    Yes have been providing regular meter readings
    • JeanJeannie52
    • By JeanJeannie52 5th Mar 18, 9:39 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JeanJeannie52
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:39 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 9:39 PM
    I have already contacted the Energy Ombudsman the set up a case, told me to give British Gas 8 weeks to resolve the complaint. If they can't resolve it then I go back to the Ombudsman. I've also been sending the Ombudsman e-mails keeping them updated.

I got an e-mail back the day I complained to Mark Hodges and someone from his office called me today.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,002Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin