Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 2nd Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    • 72Posts
    • 7Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    MSE News: E.on to hit customers...
    • 2nd Mar 18, 5:24 PM
    MSE News: E.on to hit customers... 2nd Mar 18 at 5:24 PM
    Households on E.on's standard variable tariff will see their energy bills rise by an average of 22/year after the big six firm announced a series of changes to the way it charges customers...
    Read the full story:
    'E.on to hit customers with backdoor price hike next month'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 05-03-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Page 2
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Tariffs
    Well, I got the dreaded letter from E-ON today. I had a read of it and found that my bill was going ... down by 10 per year.

And there I was wondering who I was going to switch to.
    Originally posted by Ectophile
    Nice one Ectophile. Sounds like a result.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Moneyking
    • By Moneyking 16th Mar 18, 9:39 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Moneyking
    New tariff: E.ON Go Online 1 Year v10
    Much cheaper than V9, people maybe interested in the lower Unit rate...
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 17th Mar 18, 10:39 AM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 1,608 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Originally posted by Moneyking
    Thanks for the heads up.

It's worth noting E.on are updating tariffs fairly frequently at the moment, in line with other suppliers, I've been told. It's worth checking on a weekly basis, especially if you are already an E.on customer.

The unit rates for gas on v10 are the cheapest gas unit rates for the Online tariff, since the Online Tariff began. Unfortunately, the electricity unit rates aren't as cheap as v8 was. Swings and roundabouts?

Quite tempted to switch but i think i'll take my chances when i'm within the (forward) switching window.

Spoke to E.on who said they hadn't seen (my) prices that low, for a long time. That's not surprising. I may as well see my tariff out. All good things come to an end but it's been good while it lasted. It's fair to say i don't want to switch from E.on, for various reasons. It's just a question of playing the game now.

But it's a lottery. A game of chance.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 17th Mar 18, 11:55 AM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 1,608 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    I know that you are a big fan of E.oN but a quick comparison shows that if I switched to this tariff then it would cost me 872 per year. E.oN!!!8217;s latest tariff sits below EDF and BG in the annual cost listings. I am currently paying 745 per year with Octopus and Zog, and I could pay even less (80) if I switched to the one of new boys on the block. Both Zog and Octopus are rated highly on this forum and on other sites.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    As you know, it depends on regional variations and E.on consistently offers the most competitive / cheaper rates, in my region, including Octopus, Zog and the new boys on the block. Thankfully. I'm very fortunate, from that point of view.

I'm currently paying a lot less than you are / could per year, however, I live in a different region, may have a different climate, (it's currently -1C, midday,) may have a different sized property, different occupancy, and so on. It's impossible to compare using annual usage.

That's also without taking into account the WHD. I wouldn't switch to a (smaller) company who doesn't offer the WHD.

I rang E.on yesterday, just for a general query / chat. Despite the website stating they were very busy and it would take some time for calls to be answered, I spoke to an advisor straight away, who spent as long as i wanted and gave me some useful information.

That's a 10/10 from me.

I'm well aware of all my price comparisons, (which just don't warrant switching to another company). Why fix something which ain't broke?

Hassle is something i Avoid with a capital A.

Amazing - Hengus post has been deleted? (but quoted).
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 17-03-2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: additional comment

Carpe diem
    • nicobrum
    • By nicobrum 18th Mar 18, 7:17 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    nicobrum
    Originally posted by Moneyking
    Depends on the region, V10 is only slightly cheaper for Gas, Elec is the same as v9. Of the Go Online tariffs v2 and v3 were a fair bit cheaper than any of the subsequent tariffs but still more expensive for me than Save Fixed v13 which is the one I'm on until October. I have no need to move yet anyway but just hoping something cheaper than the current tariffs appears nearer to the end date.

Midlands Region
    Go Online v10 Elec 14.763p, Gas 3.384p
    Go Online v9 Elec 14.763p, Gas 3.402p
    Go Online v3 Elec 13.734, Gas 2.978p
    Saver Fixed v13 Elec 12.747p, Gas 2.944p

Yes I'm sad and keeping a list of the different tariff prices!
    Last edited by nicobrum; 18-03-2018 at 7:24 PM.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 19th Mar 18, 7:41 AM
    • 1,170 Posts
    • 1,608 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Depends on the region, V10 is only slightly cheaper for Gas, Elec is the same as v9. Of the Go Online tariffs v2 and v3 were a fair bit cheaper than any of the subsequent tariffs but still more expensive for me than Save Fixed v13 which is the one I'm on until October. I have no need to move yet anyway but just hoping something cheaper than the current tariffs appears nearer to the end date.

Midlands Region
    Go Online v10 Elec 14.763p, Gas 3.384p
    Go Online v9 Elec 14.763p, Gas 3.402p
    Go Online v3 Elec 13.734, Gas 2.978p
    Saver Fixed v13 Elec 12.747p, Gas 2.944p

Yes I'm sad and keeping a list of the different tariff prices!
    Originally posted by nicobrum
    Just goes to show the difference in regional variations, in fact, even within regions?

My Region

Go Online v10 Elec 13.860p, Gas 2.557p
    Go Online v9 Elec 14.889p, Gas 3.426p
    Go Online v8 Elec 12.894p, Gas 2.795p
    Go Online v3 Elec 14.406p, Gas 3.218p
    Saver Fixed v13 Elec 14.700p, Gas 3.648p

You don't need to keep a list. They're accessible at any time using a price comparison site.

Carpe diem
    • nicobrum
    • By nicobrum 19th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    nicobrum
    You don't need to keep a list. They're accessible at any time using a price comparison site.
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    True, I've checked a couple on Cheap Energy Club. That said I screen shot them so quick and easy way to check.
    E.ON Go Online Tariffs
    Thanks for the heads up.

It's worth noting E.on are updating tariffs fairly frequently at the moment, in line with other suppliers, I've been told. It's worth checking on a weekly basis, especially if you are already an E.on customer.

The unit rates for gas on v10 are the cheapest gas unit rates for the Online tariff, since the Online Tariff began. Unfortunately, the electricity unit rates aren't as cheap as v8 was. Swings and roundabouts?

Quite tempted to switch but i think i'll take my chances when i'm within the (forward) switching window.

Spoke to E.on who said they hadn't seen (my) prices that low, for a long time. That's not surprising. I may as well see my tariff out. All good things come to an end but it's been good while it lasted. It's fair to say i don't want to switch from E.on, for various reasons. It's just a question of playing the game now.

But it's a lottery. A game of chance.
    You're right fredandwilma. We've been updating our tariffs quite a lot of late. The Go Online products in particular. Keeping an eye on our website is the best way to see what we're doing as new tariffs usually appear here first.

We'll be in touch before your current deal ends to let you know when the account enters the Price Protection window (renewal period). As you know, this window is open 49 calendar days before your present contract ends up until 20 working days after. If you decide to switch and provided the new supplier is in touch to take your account within this window, we'll make sure we keep you on the cheaper prices until the switch goes through. Exit fees also don't apply when inside this window.

Glad you've been relatively happy with your present deal fredandwilma.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    E.ON Warm Home Discount 2018/19
    As you know, it depends on regional variations and E.on consistently offers the most competitive / cheaper rates, in my region, including Octopus, Zog and the new boys on the block. Thankfully. I'm very fortunate, from that point of view.

I'm currently paying a lot less than you are / could per year, however, I live in a different region, may have a different climate, (it's currently -1C, midday,) may have a different sized property, different occupancy, and so on. It's impossible to compare using annual usage.

That's also without taking into account the WHD. I wouldn't switch to a (smaller) company who doesn't offer the WHD.

I rang E.on yesterday, just for a general query / chat. Despite the website stating they were very busy and it would take some time for calls to be answered, I spoke to an advisor straight away, who spent as long as i wanted and gave me some useful information.

That's a 10/10 from me.

I'm well aware of all my price comparisons, (which just don't warrant switching to another company). Why fix something which ain't broke?

Hassle is something i Avoid with a capital A.

Amazing - Hengus post has been deleted? (but quoted).

Me again fredandwilma and glad our advisor looked after you when you phoned in recently. Thanks for posting this.

I'm sure you already know but, just in case and for the benefit of others, thought I'd give a quick heads up about the Warm Home Discount (WHD) scheme for 2018/19. Customers can register for our Broader Group 2018/19 scheme now. This can be done online through our website or over the phone.

Don't worry if we don't reply straightaway. We haven't finalised the details yet but we'll be in touch by the end of summer 18 once we know what's happening. Applications for the Broader Group are dealt with on a first come, first served basis so best to apply as early as possible.

Sorry if I'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs fredandwilma but hope it's of interest.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

236Posts Today

2,981Users online

Martin's Twitter