Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Me_ma
    • By Me_ma 2nd Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Me_ma
    I'm not happy!!
    • 2nd Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    I'm not happy!! 2nd Mar 18 at 11:26 AM
    Last edited by Me_ma; 02-03-2018 at 11:39 AM. Reason: What's the point?
Page 3
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 3rd Mar 18, 7:00 PM
    • 1,473 Posts
    • 1,116 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    Can't chew the carpet as we don't have any - all wood/stone. Some scorching on the lounge floor after my failed attempt to set light to the coffee table. The smell isn't the "crackling wood fire" that I was aiming for - husband's fault for pouring nail polish remover on as an accelerant.

Burgers sound good but the husband is risking life and limb to pick up a curry at the moment. As the idiot decided to go in his rear wheel drive rather than take my 4WD there's every chance I'll be eating cold onion bhajis sat in the chairs at A&E in a bit
    Originally posted by LilElvis

Is he driving a BMW? Hope all goes well and you don't have to visit A&E.

Is it worth ordering some hamburgers any way? Curry and hamburgers sound good to me!
    • tealady
    • By tealady 4th Mar 18, 11:44 AM
    • 2,776 Posts
    • 3,312 Thanks
    tealady
    It never ceases to amaze me that people cannot plan ahead.
    Every winter I ensure my freezer and cupboards are topped up ofted.
    So I have in my house loads of cat food (for madam) alcoho, loo paper and frozen meals for me.
    I pity delivery drivers in this weather, fortunately today I can see the snow thawing.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 4th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 3,558 Posts
    • 9,799 Thanks
    LilElvis

Is it worth ordering some hamburgers any way? Curry and hamburgers sound good to me!
    Originally posted by Manxman in exile
    No - it's a Volvo saloon he has until his new car is delivered. He hates it and I think he was secretly hoping he would crash it. He's had several BMWs over the years and they are impossible in snow - the M badged 335 coupe he had a couple of years ago made it 2 doors away from our house before it slid gracefully sideways until it hit the kerb on the opposite side of the road. It stayed there for a couple of days until the thaw.

All is good here today! Last night's curry was great and Amazon actually delivered my parcels at 11.30 this morning - a day before they anticipated. Perhaps I should spend the afternoon rewriting my reviews
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 4th Mar 18, 12:38 PM
    • 16,026 Posts
    • 12,075 Thanks
    hollydays
    No - it's a Volvo saloon he has until his new car is delivered. He hates it and I think he was secretly hoping he would crash it. He's had several BMWs over the years and they are impossible in snow - the M badged 335 coupe he had a couple of years ago made it 2 doors away from our house before it slid gracefully sideways until it hit the kerb on the opposite side of the road. It stayed there for a couple of days until the thaw.

All is good here today! Last night's curry was great and Amazon actually delivered my parcels at 11.30 this morning - a day before they anticipated. Perhaps I should spend the afternoon rewriting my reviews
    How incredibly inconsiderate of Amazon to delivery early.
    You should have thrown the parcel back in their face.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 4th Mar 18, 12:39 PM
    • 12,302 Posts
    • 16,567 Thanks
    MothballsWallet

Originally posted by Manxman in exile
    My car's a bus - so is also rear-wheel drive (most likely).
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • JReacher1
    • By JReacher1 4th Mar 18, 12:59 PM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,798 Thanks
    JReacher1
    There is a scare around me at the moment that the supermarkets have no bread. It seems this is true but not due to the weather but because people are panicking about the rumour and buying a load of bread. I saw one woman in Sainsburys buy about 20 loafs of Warburtons yesterday. People do go a bit crazy!
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 4th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    • 3,558 Posts
    • 9,799 Thanks
    LilElvis
    There is a scare around me at the moment that the supermarkets have no bread. It seems this is true but not due to the weather but because people are panicking about the rumour and buying a load of bread. I saw one woman in Sainsburys buy about 20 loafs of Warburtons yesterday. People do go a bit crazy!
    Originally posted by JReacher1
    Yep, that is crazy as Warburtons is pretty vile stuff.
    • JReacher1
    • By JReacher1 4th Mar 18, 9:07 PM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,798 Thanks
    JReacher1
    Yep, that is crazy as Warburtons is pretty vile stuff.
    I assume Elvis like your namesake you are a fan of the Kingsmill!

It is all about the warbutons these days!
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 4th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    • 3,558 Posts
    • 9,799 Thanks
    LilElvis
    I assume Elvis like your namesake you are a fan of the Kingsmill!

It is all about the warbutons these days!
    Originally posted by JReacher1
    Nope. Apart from Crosta & Mollica Farina Pugliese from Waitrose I make my own in the bread machine, plus sourdough from M&S. I'm not a huge bread eater but I would rather eat cardboard than Warburtons, though the two are very similar.
    • JReacher1
    • By JReacher1 4th Mar 18, 9:39 PM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,798 Thanks
    JReacher1
    Nope. Apart from Crosta & Mollica Farina Pugliese from Waitrose I make my own in the bread machine, plus sourdough from M&S. I'm not a huge bread eater but I would rather eat cardboard than Warburtons, though the two are very similar.
    Really? You would prefer to eat cardboard than warburtons? That is a bit weird.....

Is it all warbutons bread you hate or just a certain one, they do a big range!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,645Posts Today

8,300Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin