Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ShellyWidd
    • By ShellyWidd 2nd Mar 18, 1:40 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 3Thanks
    ShellyWidd
    ukpp ltd Newcastle Airport
    • 2nd Mar 18, 1:40 AM
    ukpp ltd Newcastle Airport 2nd Mar 18 at 1:40 AM
    Can anyone please advise as to whether I should pay these apparent cowboys or not?

On the 2nd December 2017 I dropped a friend off at their Christmas party at the Double Tree Hilton Hotel, which is situated on a road leading into Newcastle Airport, I stopped just in front of the hotels car park barrier for approx. 30 seconds while they got out of the car and I then backed back out onto the road and left.
    Approximately 1 week later I received a parking charge notice from UK Parking Patrol Ltd saying I was in breach of bylaw 1315. they said they had requested my details from the DVLA on the grounds of a PCN 6.3 - parking in a prohibited area.
    I was very incensed by this and contacted them through the appeals process. Unfortunately however I had not seen or heard about this company before this time and stupidly told them I was the driver of the car at the time of the supposed offences saying the following:-

I have been sent a parking charge notice by your company and I wish to appeal this charge for the following reasons.
    1. I did not at any time leave my vehicle, therefore was not parked, I merely dropped someone off.
    2. There were no signs on the barrier to say I could not do this
    3. There was extremely poor / no lighting on the sign which I believe has now been put on the fence adjacent to the hotel which neither of us saw on the night in question therefore no clear signage.
    4. The above statement is obvious from the car which came up behind me and did exactly the same thing!
    They replied within minutes with this response
    Thank you for your letter of appeal against the Parking Charge Notice issued by us on 07.12.2017

Having carefully considered the evidence provided by you we have decided to reject your appeal for the following reasons:
    The vehicle was captured via CCTV footage unloading whilst stationary in an area that is well signed with notices stating: "No Stopping/Loading/Unloading In This Area". There are signs around the entire airport complex including at the entrance that clearly state the restrictions in place. Security at the airport is paramount and any vehicle captured loading/unloading in any area other than the official car parks is immediately issued a notice by the CCTV operator.!!!12288;

The picture they sent me of the supposed sign is actually facing the Airport building which is some distance from the hotel and also in the opposite direction to the way I drove in. There was definitely no sign where I stopped at the time.

I obviously did not pay and have since received 2 quite threatening letters from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd demanding payment on UKPP behalf or they are taking me to court

I realise now that I was stupid to admit that I was the driver of the vehicle at the time and wondered if this makes as difference as to if they have a case or not.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice
    Last edited by ShellyWidd; 02-03-2018 at 1:47 AM.
Page 2
    • ShellyWidd
    • By ShellyWidd 9th Apr 18, 9:25 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ShellyWidd
    Just goes to show what complete idiots they are
    • ShellyWidd
    • By ShellyWidd 12th Apr 18, 2:22 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ShellyWidd
    Is it worth contacting them via letter as I did with the other debt collectors as this appeared to prompt the supposed sale of the debt or should I just ignore them?
    • Castle
    • By Castle 12th Apr 18, 2:31 PM
    • 1,698 Posts
    • 2,293 Thanks
    Castle
    Is it worth contacting them via letter as I did with the other debt collectors as this appeared to prompt the supposed sale of the debt or should I just ignore them?
    Originally posted by ShellyWidd
    No.... because your debt hasn't been sold; Zenith and DRP are the same company.
    • ShellyWidd
    • By ShellyWidd 27th Apr 18, 3:41 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ShellyWidd
    Yet another letter today saying "Please be aware that if payment is not received this matter will be passed to our legal department with the recommendation that legal proceedings are necessary to recover the amount owed" and in capitals again NOTICE OF INTENTION TO COMMENCE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS

It is so comical really does their "legal department " if it exists need to be told what to do??

I'm seriously fed up of them now . Is there anyway of stopping all the threats?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 27th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 7,137 Posts
    • 6,588 Thanks
    KeithP
    Is there anyway of stopping all the threats?
    Only by paying them.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 27th Apr 18, 3:49 PM
    • 17,560 Posts
    • 27,759 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Is there anyway of stopping all the threats?
    It won't stop them immediately, but in terms of the bigger picture, write to your MP and show him/her the level of threat and intimidation meted out by the PPC to you in the pursuit of their greed and profit.

Remember, your MP is one of this country's lawmakers.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • ShellyWidd
    • By ShellyWidd 28th Apr 18, 9:06 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ShellyWidd
    Well saying as how I don't really owe anything that is not gona happen
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 28th Apr 18, 1:01 PM
    • 7,137 Posts
    • 6,588 Thanks
    KeithP
    Well saying as how I don't really owe anything that is not gona happen
    What's 'not gona happen'?

You're not gona write to your MP? Why not?

Please be clear on who you are replying to.
    • ShellyWidd
    • By ShellyWidd 30th Apr 18, 7:56 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ShellyWidd
    [Only by paying them] KeithP is what I was refering to, which is clearly "what is not going to happen" as I had never parked at anytime despite ukpp ltd trying to say i had. May i just say you picking on me for forgetting to mention your quote is really not helping!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,662Posts Today

6,440Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin