Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kaiser77
    • By Kaiser77 1st Mar 18, 5:15 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Kaiser77
    Parking Charge Notice APOCA
    • 1st Mar 18, 5:15 PM
    Parking Charge Notice APOCA 1st Mar 18 at 5:15 PM
    Hi,
    My daughter has parked on a car park run by APOCA at Manchester Victoria a few times and paid using the PayByPhone app. We have received 3 PCN's from APOCA in the last 2 days and couldn't understand why as she had the text messages confirming she had paid for the parking.

I looked into this myself and discovered APOCA have their own app for parking payments so the payments she made using the PayByPhone app did not go to APOCA.

My daughter has only been driving since Christmas and has made an honest mistake using the same app she uses to park in Bury when at college and other parking areas in Manchester centre use this app for payment. She entered the location number displayed in the car park and received the text messages confirming the parking payment, you would have thought if the location number was not valid for that app you would have received a message stating this.

Would anyone reading this be able to offer any advise? I was considering writing to APOCA to explain the situation and offering to pay the parking fee plus the cost of sending the letters. I think 85 for each time (x3) they are now asking for is extremely excessive.

Any advise would be gratefully received. Thanks.
Page 2
    • Kaiser77
    • By Kaiser77 13th Apr 18, 8:00 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Kaiser77
    First appeal successful ! !
    Hi All,
    Just wanted to update everyone and send a MASSIVE THANKS to all who helped and advised in this thread, APCOA did not want to contest the first appeal, just 2 more to go. Here is the response from POPLA.

"Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference xxxxxxxxxx.

APCOA Parking have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team"

I do expect the other appeals to go the same way but I will of course update everyone as soon as I have the response from POPLA.

Again, a massive thanks to all who helped and advised. I really appreciate the support and guidance throughout this process.
    Last edited by Kaiser77; 13-04-2018 at 8:03 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    • 60,110 Posts
    • 73,256 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Get in! Easy when you know how, isn't it? APCOA don't like forum appeals!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Apr 18, 9:09 PM
    • 18,974 Posts
    • 29,848 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    APCOA must be costing POPLA a lot in lost fees by caving in as soon as a substantive appeal is submitted. No doubt POPLA, in conjunction with the BPA, will investigate the wanton way in which APCOA is treating the second stage appeal service with disdain.

POPLA would go bust if all PPCs opted out of paying their dues by withdrawing as soon as they see a 'tricky one'!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Kaiser77
    • By Kaiser77 13th Apr 18, 9:35 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Kaiser77
    Yes Coupon-mad, easy especially with guidance from the likes of yourself, Redx and others here on the forum. I hope this thread can encourage others to pursue their own appeals against these rogue rip off parking companies ! ! !
    • #Why
    • By #Why 24th Jul 18, 1:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    #Why
    Parking ticket APOCA - hospital parking 2 months ago
    Hi, I hope someone can help or advise.

My aunty was terminally ill in Bedford hospital, mum paid parking of 4 and visited 25th April 2018. Today (24th July 2018) she has received notification in the post that she did not pay and display. Having in mind, this is now 3 months ago, she has got rid of the pay & display ticket she paid for at the machine and they are now demanding 30 to be paid immediately or 18 if within 14 days.

Bad enough you have to pay to go and see someone dying, quite another to be expected to keep a pay and display ticket for over 3 months just in case!

Thoughts please
    Thanks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 24th Jul 18, 1:33 PM
    • 18,915 Posts
    • 23,903 Thanks
    Redx
    yes, please start your own NEW THREAD using the red button, top left of this forum

copy and paste the above into your new thread, and name the parking company too

also complain to PALS and get it cancelled
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,489Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin